SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-31-08, 05:54 AM   #976
Laffertytig
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 110
Uploads: 0

i think i probably did do a bit to much pink floyd in my younger days cos my memory is admitidly shocking!

whenever i dont play SH3 for a while, when i caome back to it and see the amount of mods i have installed i get paranoid somethin isnt workin properly. wait a minute, paranoia and a shockin memory, hmm the evidence is in

everything is workin as it should now though.
Laffertytig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-08, 07:01 AM   #977
Contact
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex
@ Contact : The best thing to do when you notice something that is a bug in your opinion is always to take a screenshot !

Yeah right, I would of done so but I'm using resolution fix so print screen don't work in this case. It is possible to make screenie with ctrl+f11 of shift+f11 don't remember exactly how

OneLifeCrisis: I'm not using OLC GUI Special of yours because I don't like the new binoculors view. I bet pirates in medieval ages used something like this but not in 20 century and because u haven't included the lithuanian flag in flags "manual" or how should I call it.

I'm using OLCE2 alone, without OLC GUI special, because of new graphics only. So what I wanted to say is imagine u're looking through the binoculors or uzo and pulling out the flags manual from the upper left corner on this view, u can see bearing indicator hiting through that manual, and that's the bug
Old 07-31-08, 07:13 AM   #978
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3

Glad to hear it Laffertytig!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contact
OneLifeCrisis: I'm not using OLC GUI Special of yours because I don't like the new binoculors view. I bet pirates in medieval ages used something like this but not in 20 century

Have you ever actually looked through a pair of binoculars?

Quote:
and because u haven't included the lithuanian flag in flags "manual"
Who cares? Er, umm, I mean... fair enough!

Quote:
...imagine u're looking through the binoculors or uzo and pulling out the flags manual from the upper left corner on this view, u can see bearing indicator hiting through that manual, and that's the bug
I already told you, there is no draggable flags manual in the upper left corner (or any other corner for that matter). Therefore I do not see how you could make a bug happen by pulling one out.
Old 07-31-08, 07:27 AM   #979
Contact
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Can u read ? in OLC GUI SPECIAL there is NOT anything draggable correct, but I aint using it!

check OLCE2 WITHOUT OLC GUI SPECIAL and u see dragable flags, dragable clock and etc, it's like in the oldschool GWX 2.1, u can drag everything

Just check it..
Old 07-31-08, 08:46 AM   #980
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Can u read ? in OLC GUI SPECIAL there is NOT anything draggable correct, but I aint using it!

check OLCE2 WITHOUT OLC GUI SPECIAL and u see dragable flags, dragable clock and etc, it's like in the oldschool GWX 2.1, u can drag everything

Just check it..
So... you're complaining to me about problems in the GWX GUI!?
Old 07-31-08, 09:09 AM   #981
Alex
Dominant Wolf

Downloads: 30

@ Contact : OLC is right mate, the fact that you can see bearing indicators and other details in the obs & attack scope and UZO when you pull out the flags from the upper left corner has nothing to do with OLC's work.
This bug had been reported at the very end of the development of GWX, but editing the GUI is a BIG ( !) job. Judging by where we were in the development of GWX, it was too late to edit it again in order to fix this little bug.
Old 07-31-08, 09:12 AM   #982
Contact
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelifecrisis
Quote:

Just check it..
Who cares ? :rotfl:
Old 07-31-08, 09:17 AM   #983
Contact
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex
@ Contact : OLC is right mate, the fact that you can see bearing indicators and other details in the obs & attack scope and UZO when you pull out the flags from the upper left corner has nothing to do with OLC's work.
This bug had been reported at the very end of the development of GWX, but editing the GUI is a BIG ( !) job. Judging by where we were in the development of GWX, it was too late to edit it again in order to fix this little bug.
Well... that's why we have OLC here, an expert of all GUI's right ? And for experts there's no big jobs right ? You got my point I hope
Old 07-31-08, 09:17 AM   #984
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Just check it..
Who cares ? :rotfl:
Yes alright my little 'quip' was out of order.
I don't know whether you were referring to my GUI or the GWX GUI when you said that the Lithuanian flag was missing, but if it's missing from my GUI then I'll be sure to add it if and when I release another patch.
Old 07-31-08, 09:27 AM   #985
Contact
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

That's better, I can wait
Old 07-31-08, 09:27 AM   #986
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

I'm reading Wikipedia and it's difficult to determine whether Lithuania even had a Navy during WW2, let alone whether any of it was active during the war.
Furthermore, Lithuania was apparently invaded by both Germany and Russia at different times during the war, so I'm not clear exactly which side they were on (if any).
The flag sheet in OLC GUI lists the nations which were enemies of Germany during (any part of) the war. If Lithuania didn't fight Germany, then their flag does not need adding to the chart.
Perhaps you can clarify for me whether or not this is the case?
Old 07-31-08, 10:00 AM   #987
Contact
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
I'm reading Wikipedia and it's difficult to determine whether Lithuania even had a Navy during WW2, let alone whether any of it was active during the war.
Furthermore, Lithuania was apparently invaded by both Germany and Russia at different times during the war, so I'm not clear exactly which side they were on (if any).
The flag sheet in OLC GUI lists the nations which were enemies of Germany during (any part of) the war. If Lithuania didn't fight Germany, then their flag does not need adding to the chart.
Perhaps you can clarify for me whether or not this is the case?
My pleasure.
Lithuania as Latvia and Estonia, was occupied by Soviet Union in 1940 July. When war broke out between Germany and Russia in 1941, Baltic states bacame land of Germany until 1944 when Soviets came back.

Basically when under an occupation how can u choose the sides anyway, there were partisans of course like in others occupied countries.

Lets say Baltic states were Axis and Allies in different time of the war, but it doesn't mean they where not involved at all in WW2.

I woun't pretend I know history better then Wikipedia does, so I will just paste some links that you might find interesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resista...g_World_War_II

http://www.randburg.com/li/general/general_9.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithuan...dentas_Smetona

http://www.probertencyclopaedia.com/...etona&offset=0

Navy was poor in that time, not much u could expect from such small country, but still, we had 1 warship to be proud of
Old 08-03-08, 12:38 PM   #988
tomfon
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 178
Uploads: 4

Hello!

Despite being on holidays i have not quited playing SH3. Its now 1942 and things are getting harder...
It's a real challenge playing with the Ubermod installed: following realistic procedures and all that.
How is your tonnage going? In which phase of the war are you?
Just out of curiousity.
tomfon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-08, 05:03 PM   #989
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Glad you like it tomfon. I'm not sure who you were asking about progress but I'm also in '42, having started in '39. Here are my commander files (I'm using SH3C with Realistic Career Length):

Erich_Hohlstein
Johann_Rutsch
Wilhelm_Isler

How big is yours? :rotfl:

Currently I'm playing IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 with the DCG mod, but at some point I intend to wake Wilhelm from his slumber and carry on with the war.
Old 08-04-08, 04:37 AM   #990
Tobus
Lieutenant

Downloads: 13

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipp_Thomsen
You would have to slow down by a great grade the mouse input (the speed that the game reads the mouse).

That doesn't really work the way I want, I already tried it.
Other way to do this: get a mouse with variable speed, like Logitech MX518.
I have that one too, I can set speed of the mouse via two little buttons just before and behind the scrollwheel. You can edit sensitivities via the drivers and "connect" them to this button, although the standard 400/800/1200 dpi works well for me.
Works perfect for less/more sensitivity (also handy for easy sniping vs hardcore fraggin in FPS'es).

Last edited by Tobus; 08-04-08 at 07:02 AM.
Tobus is offline   Reply With Quote