SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-12-14, 01:05 PM   #1
Herr Eeguy
Watch

Downloads: 40
Uploads: 0
JSGME issues Win7

Hi all - NUBE TIME again!! I'm basically at my wits end trying to get JSGME to work on Win 7. I extracted the program up in the main SH4 folder, that worked ok except for the problem mentioned below, running it as XP2 compatible and as administrator control (the game is also under administrator) and I have a MODS folder in the main sh4 file directory.

Here's the main problem, I believe, when I extracted the JSGME files into SH4 main directory the pop-up for the Mods folder location DID NOT occur, instead the extraction made it's own Mods folder with the JSGME folder instead. I can find no way to change the JSGME directory search for Mods in what i think is in the proper place, the main SH 4 directory. Instead it is "greyed-out or frozen" on the path for the Mods folder that it created within the JSGMR directory. I have deleted, re-installed JSGME 3 times and the same thing has occured, no pop-up to determine the Mods folder location, it continues to make it's own and only searches there.

Now, am I completely wrong here, does it make a difference where the Mods folder is located? I saved the game while in port / in office - exited the game, added a simple mod (from the JSGME Mods folder), came back into the game, reloaded the saved game and no go on the Mod being activated. I tried several variations of compatibilty and administrator combos too, no changes - no active mods. Again, how do I get JSGME to look in the main SH4 directory? IF that is what is really needed here?

LOL - I googled my butt off looking for an answer, searched here at Subsim too but as you can guess by now I'm in a frustrated DUH mode.

Thanks for any help (oh, I'm only running the stock SH4 right now on my Win 7 system)
Herr Eeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-14, 03:17 PM   #2
Herr Eeguy
Watch

Persistence is the root of invention in this case I took a small "nap", couldn't nap 'cause of this irritating issue, came back, thought it over and came up with moving the JSGME.exe file to the SH4 main directory from the JSGME directory that was created when I expanded the downloaded JSGME file. Guess what?? THAT'S the answer !!!
Whew, let's party and go add some more Mods now !!

Sorry to bother y'all but IF / WHEN this ever happens to someone else at least we have an answer
Old 04-12-14, 03:25 PM   #3
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Check out my Post #4 and see if this different to how you installed JSGME.

This way does not use the wizard to do the installation.

It does not ask you to create the Mods Folder.

The only thing you need to do that the wizard does is copy the JSGME icon as a shortcut to your desktop.

Link to my

STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS & HOW TO DO IT

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=211804
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-14, 04:51 PM   #4
Herr Eeguy
Watch

shoulda woulda coulda I needed your post b4 I began but I'm ok now, but don't tell my wife lol - thanks
Old 07-30-14, 04:08 PM   #5
Loudspeaker
Bosun

Downloads: 56

And guess what? It worked for me too after having spent many, many hours trying to solve the same problem. Thankyou!
Loudspeaker is offline   Reply With Quote