SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-02-18, 12:27 PM   #6541
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

... don't forget about the use of minefields in FotRSU also, if you decide to try to get in close to certain areas... - go and be careful!

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-18, 12:15 AM   #6542
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 345
Uploads: 0

I tried playing this mod the other night. just kept bringing me back to Windows with no error message. applied the 4g ram patch and still did the same thing. whats going on? is it me not catching something or is it just cause this is still in beta? i was running a War Patrol mission with the Gato in 1942. i also noticed these transparent grey blob things floating in the air right above the bridge as well.
drakkhen20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-18, 07:04 AM   #6543
captcrane
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 184

Ahoy guys I encountered a slight problem after ending a patrol. Porpoise class SS181. May 24 1942 was offered an upgrade, the bow mounted deck gun. After taking it no slots to man it with a crew. The deck gun was installed however.

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisoft\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v0.71_PublicBeta_E N
Bigger Better Protractors
captcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-18, 07:47 AM   #6544
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakkhen20 View Post
I tried playing this mod the other night. just kept bringing me back to Windows with no error message. applied the 4g ram patch and still did the same thing. whats going on? is it me not catching something or is it just cause this is still in beta? i was running a War Patrol mission with the Gato in 1942. i also noticed these transparent grey blob things floating in the air right above the bridge as well.
The short answer.....it's you. Your first question makes it sound like you can't open the game at all.

You don't get the game to open to the main game menu??

However, you say " i was running a War Patrol mission with the Gato in 1942."

Which one?

You've tried playing a Campaign Mission?

This Beta opens and runs just fine......some of us have done it hundereds and hundereds of times. Trying to narrow down your issue is what we need to do with the questions.

Like, How do you install the game? From what source? On what type of computer specs?

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-18, 08:55 AM   #6545
propbeanie

Quote:
... and to add to what CapnScurvy mentions - if you are indeed trying to run one of the War Patrols, and keep trying the same one, we have found three Patrols that had accidentally stocked themselves and their anchored Task Forces with opposing vessels ( ), which is a recipe for crashing the game. I don't recall the problem files' names, but try a different one if you insist on doing a Patrol. There are also issues with a Single Mission scenario, and there might be issues with 3 of the Sub School missions, but those run. You just might not have full Briefing descriptions. We are currently applying body putty to the dented fenders of the next release, and all those 'scenario' type files should work. The Career modes should function. When installing mods, remember:
1. You must have a clean Save folder, either by emptying its contents, or by use of MultiSH4
2. The game should be a "fresh" install, no previous mods (MultiSH4 & / or SH4CMS)
3. The game cannot be installed in a Windows "protected" folder, such as any "Program Files"
4. Be sure all files in the install are not write-protected before applying any 4G patch or mod7.
5. After running JSGME the 1st time & creating a MODS folder, run a "Snapshot" of the game files
6. When placing a mod in the MODS folder, be certain the folder paths are correct
7. Activate the mod and have fun!
Did I miss anything?

Old 09-03-18, 09:03 AM   #6546
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by captcrane View Post
Ahoy guys I encountered a slight problem after ending a patrol. Porpoise class SS181. May 24 1942 was offered an upgrade, the bow mounted deck gun. After taking it no slots to man it with a crew. The deck gun was installed however.

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisoft\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v0.71_PublicBeta_E N
Bigger Better Protractors
Where were you based with the boat, and can you man the deck gun yourself? How did you get the deck gun? Was it immediately after coming in from patrol, prior to being back in the Captain's Office, that a screen came up offering the 'upgrade', and asking "do you accept yes/no?", or was it in the hardware screen when you looked at the boat in the Captain's Office? Thanks!

Old 09-03-18, 09:04 AM   #6547
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
The short answer.....it's you. Your first question makes it sound like you can't open the game at all.

You don't get the game to open to the main game menu??

However, you say " i was running a War Patrol mission with the Gato in 1942."

Which one?

You've tried playing a Campaign Mission?

This Beta opens and runs just fine......some of us have done it hundereds and hundereds of times. Trying to narrow down your issue is what we need to do with the questions.

Like, How do you install the game? From what source? On what type of computer specs?
oh sorry. the menu and loading of is all fine. its when i run the War Patrol as described earlier. im running Win 10x64, icore 5, GTX 1080, etc. The vanilla game runs fine. i used the 4gig patch provided with mod to see if that was causing the issue and with the same mission it caused it to go back to the windows screen. yes this is a fresh install on a separate drive not under any windows files. the mission was the Aleution Campaign USS Trigger Patrol 1, 1942, Gato. but upon trying other missions as well its doing it as well.
Old 09-03-18, 09:30 AM   #6548
propbeanie

If you open LAA in your SH4 install folder, put it in Intermediate mode, and choose the SH4.exe file, does it show "True" under the Enabled column? As mentioned, there are issues with several of the Patrol files. Can you run a Single Mission or start a new Fleetboat Career in Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate v0.71? The German career should also run, though it hasn't been optimized, and does have a multitude of issues, mostly leftover from the Stock game... - thanks!

Old 09-03-18, 10:07 AM   #6549
captcrane
Electrician's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Where were you based with the boat, and can you man the deck gun yourself? How did you get the deck gun? Was it immediately after coming in from patrol, prior to being back in the Captain's Office, that a screen came up offering the 'upgrade', and asking "do you accept yes/no?", or was it in the hardware screen when you looked at the boat in the Captain's Office? Thanks!
Ahoy Propbeanie Homeport was Freemantle I had ended a patrol. No messages about the upgrade it was listed under equipment. I took it for 400 renown pts I can go to it and fire it myself but with no crew you can eat a ham sandwich between rounds
Old 09-03-18, 10:22 AM   #6550
propbeanie

Quote:
Ahoy Propbeanie Homeport was Freemantle I had ended a patrol. No messages about the upgrade it was listed under equipment. I took it for 400 renown pts I can go to it and fire it myself but with no crew you can eat a ham sandwich between rounds
Thanks for that. Now, did you go to the crew page after that purchase to crew the gun then, or did you go out on patrol, and then discover that you had no gun crew? The way the next version will be, the gun crew slots should all be there, but the crews will be in the repair crew slots, which is a "safe" haven from depth charges. You have to drag the men to the gun duty station of your choice - either from the repair crew slots, or from the new crew roster on the left. However, if after getting the gun and going to the crew page, there aren't any crew slots to use to fill with crew, then there's a different problem. If similar happened after going on patrol, not having filled available slots, that's different also.

Old 09-03-18, 11:01 AM   #6551
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
….. im running Win 10x64, icore 5, GTX 1080, etc. The vanilla game runs fine. i used the 4gig patch provided with mod to see if that was causing the issue and with the same mission it caused it to go back to the windows screen. yes this is a fresh install on a separate drive not under any windows files. the mission was the Aleution Campaign USS Trigger Patrol 1, 1942, Gato. but upon trying other missions as well its doing it as well.
Thank you drakkhen20, that's helpful!!

Regarding your Large Address Aware installation.....did you use the "laa_2_0_4_NetFramework_4_5" version of LAA? This is the only version of LAA that's compatible with a Windows 10 OS, running at 64 bit, that has a NetFramework v4.0, or greater. The other included LAA version...."laa_2_0_4" is for an installed NetFramework v3.5. The version of NetFramework installed on your computer makes a difference between which version of LAA to use?

You might want to follow this posts information:

Windows10; Large Address Aware; SH4 Install
regarding how to check which version of NetFramework your Windows 10, OS has?

AND, if you haven't been keeping up with the Windows 10 updates that Microsoft has been issuing, you may find some settings need to be set to have the correct version of NetFramework v4.0 to actually be "enabled" on your computer? You'll find more about this in the following posts within the 'Windows10; Large Address Aware; SH4 Install" thread.

========

Now, this isn't to say the "Aleution Campaign USS Trigger Patrol 1, 1942, Gato" mission isn't the issue...It may very well be!?! We will be looking at that and correcting!! But, making sure your computer has the correct LAA working on the correct NetFramework version, and having it "enabled", is a good starting point.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-18, 11:09 AM   #6552
captcrane
Electrician's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Thanks for that. Now, did you go to the crew page after that purchase to crew the gun then, or did you go out on patrol, and then discover that you had no gun crew? The way the next version will be, the gun crew slots should all be there, but the crews will be in the repair crew slots, which is a "safe" haven from depth charges. You have to drag the men to the gun duty station of your choice - either from the repair crew slots, or from the new crew roster on the left. However, if after getting the gun and going to the crew page, there aren't any crew slots to use to fill with crew, then there's a different problem. If similar happened after going on patrol, not having filled available slots, that's different also.

No slots for crew
Old 09-03-18, 11:18 AM   #6553
captcrane
Electrician's Mate

ahoy propbeanie gonna start a new career. do you recommend just deleting the SH4 folder in the documents folder or a complete reinstall. I picked the bow deckgun on purpose because the stock game does the same thing. Usually after something like this the game doesn't run properly. (at least from my experiences) whether I go back to an earlier save or not
Old 09-03-18, 12:25 PM   #6554
propbeanie

Quote:
... pic ...
No slots for crew
... and it doesn't list the gun. Totally different problem. Did you look at that screen like that after purchase but before a patrol, or is this after a patrol?

Quote:
ahoy propbeanie gonna start a new career. do you recommend just deleting the SH4 folder in the documents folder or a complete reinstall. I picked the bow deckgun on purpose because the stock game does the same thing. Usually after something like this the game doesn't run properly. (at least from my experiences) whether I go back to an earlier save or not
In light of the above, I would empty the Save folder ~and~ do a complete re-install. If it came from the Save folder, the game might be cross-contaminated. If it came from the game / mod (hopefully not), the Save is definitely messed-up, and as you mention, "after something like this the game doesn't run properly". If you like to use several different mods, I'd look into making several copies of your SH4 install, and use MultiSH4 to create separate Save folders for each, such that Stock would retain its SH4 folder, TMO would have a TMO Save folder, FotRSU would have an FRS folder, etc, whatever you want to name them. The use of Rockin Robbin's Silent Hunter 4 Corruption Management System (SH4CMS) can help expedite things for future SH4 'installs', once you get used to the required folder structure for the batch files used.

Old 09-03-18, 03:11 PM   #6555
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

so i deactivated the mod and ran through some of the steps to double check the Networks and all that. i keep my PC up to date as much as possible. but to be sure i did. everything seems to be running ok now. did some different War patrols and single missions and just running through the courses, time compressions in or out of docks, dive, surfaced, so on and so forth. Seems good. so one more question. in the read me it says to remove three files from ver .67 or which ever version. does this apply to this new version thats current ?