SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-28-17, 11:09 AM   #5101
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

I vote we ban the "stock" Ho-Mini from FotRSU, but we could leave the "Stock" Sen Toku for the "parked" version of a sub - but leave it at Type=200, just for the fun of seeing what happens...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 07-28-17 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Have some fun with it
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-17, 03:56 PM   #5102
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1108
Uploads: 10

Default NDE_River & AA Guns

Special thanks to Bubblehead1980 and his new release here:
Linky

We have both found out that the stock / FOTRSU / and his own model had no A0X nodes within the DAT.file, so was defenseless against all air attacks.

Stock / FOTRSU / HakodateFrigate Mod

=====

with added A01 & A02 nodes, adds Two "20mm_Double_base_US Guns" on main gun platform

Now included in - FOTRSU Fxies v0.64x @ Area 51 in Core Assembly

Last edited by s7rikeback; 07-29-17 at 02:40 AM.
s7rikeback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-17, 06:49 AM   #5103
Larrywb57
Tazmanian Devil

Downloads: 366
Uploads: 0
Default Crew Management Page' when in port

Just noticed something, when I was in my port, between patrols, on the the crew management page. On the left side under 'renown,' there are three buttons. Left one is list of sailors that can be added to your crew and the right one is to award medals to the crew on board. The middle button is for promotion of your crew. I have always looked at crew members who have had a lot of experience and/or a certain skill that I would like to build upon. But sometimes when moving the 'stripes' over to the individual I'm trying to promote and releasing the icon over the picture, it flys back to where I started from. And this is what I noticed. When I left clicked on the mouse to start to move the 'stripes' icon, looking at the crew, ones that are eligible for promotion are slightly highlighted. Showing which ones I can promote. Now for my question. Is this something added to FotRS recently, because if so, I think it is great. If not, I have never noticed it before or read about it on the forum. I, like others, have had problems with the' Crew Management Page' in the past trying to 'build a better crew'.
Happy Hunting!
C:\...100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v.1.8
Larrywb57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-17, 07:02 AM   #5104
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrywb57 View Post
Just noticed something, when I was in my port, between patrols, on the the crew management page. On the left side under 'renown,' there are three buttons. Left one is list of sailors that can be added to your crew and the right one is to award medals to the crew on board. The middle button is for promotion of your crew. I have always looked at crew members who have had a lot of experience and/or a certain skill that I would like to build upon. But sometimes when moving the 'stripes' over to the individual I'm trying to promote and releasing the icon over the picture, it flys back to where I started from. And this is what I noticed. When I left clicked on the mouse to start to move the 'stripes' icon, looking at the crew, ones that are eligible for promotion are slightly highlighted. Showing which ones I can promote. Now for my question. Is this something added to FotRS recently, because if so, I think it is great. If not, I have never noticed it before or read about it on the forum. I, like others, have had problems with the' Crew Management Page' in the past trying to 'build a better crew'.
Happy Hunting!
I've tried to produce a better Sub Damage Management page, and Crew Management page. The crew, like the Captain, have a better "Award" system in Ultimate then the previous Fotrs mod. With changes to both, the result is a better system.......one that actually works as expected.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-17, 07:07 AM   #5105
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I vote we ban the "stock" Ho-Mini from FotRSU, but we could leave the "Stock" Sen Toku for the "parked" version of a sub - but leave it at Type=200, just for the fun of seeing what happens...
As I finish the AI Subs, the stock game will still have these two AI subs left as they are. Both will remain a ClassType 200, both may be used as the stock game intended.....whatever in the world THAT was?!?

The Fotrs Ultimate AI subs should take the place of the stock versions, and be used exclusively as the unit of choice for missions.

Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
Old 07-29-17, 07:29 AM   #5106
propbeanie

The Ko-Hyoteki mini subs in "Stock" trim are like pool cue balls when they get hit with a torpedo. They do not take damage, and they bounce all over the place when hit with a detonating torpedo, sometimes even flying out of the water and moving several hundred feet, as documented by one of our beta testers in a video a couple of months ago... Can you guys maybe check its damage model then and see what's off in that? I know it doesn't sit in the water correctly either. This is the "Stock" version in FotRSU, NOT the newer AI version...

I had already changed all the calls in the FotRSU mod to ask for the newer AI version by name, NOT the stock version, but I do have to still go back and change things to reflect the Type=19 designation... I do have to wait for the subs to come out before doing any additional AI subs, other than what's already in the game as Type=200 calls, without names (for GENERIC) right now, from the original FotRS layers (mostly Jap_HarborTraffic - YIKES!!!)

Old 07-29-17, 07:30 AM   #5107
Larrywb57
Tazmanian Devil

Downloads: 366
Icon10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
I've tried to produce a better Sub Damage Management page, and Crew Management page. The crew, like the Captain, have a better "Award" system in Ultimate then the previous Fotrs mod. With changes to both, the result is a better system.......one that actually works as expected.
Thanks CapnScurvy! I appreciate the hard work that you and the other members of the team to bring this mod to the community!
C:\...100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v.1.8
Larrywb57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-17, 07:38 AM   #5108
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Quote:
The Ko-Hyoteki mini subs in "Stock" trim are like pool cue balls when they get hit with a torpedo. They do not take damage, and they bounce all over the place when hit with a detonating torpedo, sometimes even flying out of the water and moving several hundred feet, as documented by one of our beta testers in a video a couple of months ago... Can you guys maybe check its damage model then and see what's off in that? I know it doesn't sit in the water correctly either. This is the "Stock" version in FotRSU, NOT the newer AI version...

I had already changed all the calls in the FotRSU mod to ask for the newer AI version by name, NOT the stock version, but I do have to still go back and change things to reflect the Type=19 designation... I do have to wait for the subs to come out before doing any additional AI subs, other than what's already in the game as Type=200 calls, without names (for GENERIC) right now, from the original FotRS layers (mostly Jap_HarborTraffic - YIKES!!!)
Yikes is right with the HarborTraffic!!

I'll see if there's something missing in the stock Ko .zon file.

Quote:
Old 07-29-17, 01:12 PM   #5109
Navigator857
CTR2 Jack Frost

Downloads: 290

Hi all. Just installed a fresh copy of SH4 then installed the latest FOTRS v0.63 and now I have a very loud and annoying "humming" sound while down below. Doesn't matter if I'm at all stop, all ahead full, on disel or batteries, on the surface or 200 feet down. It's almost drowning out the rest of the sounds on the sub. I've messed with my speaker set up but that has nothing to do with it. Is this working as normal with the new patch?

Jack

Navigator857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-17, 01:46 PM   #5110
propbeanie

That is our filter, used to determine fitness for duty in a submarine. If you can put up with that, then you get your dolphins...

But seriously, that is NOT a feature of the mod, by any stretch of the imagination. Do you have another install of the game you could test? Any other older games to check? What does youtube do if you play a video, such as:

???

What happens to the game if you back out of the FotRSU mod? Did you happen to try to play from an older "Save" game? If so, remove the mod, and clear your "My Documents / SH4" folder (or whatever you named it if using MultiSH4). Try to re-enable the mod, and see what it does. You'll have to re-set your video, sound, etc., settings in the game...

If all of that fails, what folder do you have SH4 installed in? Which version is it? What OS are you using? Have you used LAA on the SH4.exe file? Does your dog bite?

Last edited by propbeanie; 07-29-17 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Clouseau
Old 07-30-17, 01:23 PM   #5111
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Default Screwy Status Report Date

Note the second Status Report date is out of sequence. Even worse, the date posted is AFTER the end of the patrol. Not a biggie, but I've never seen that before.

I tried posting a smaller size, but TinyPics wouid not upload it. Would have been hard to read anyway...

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-17, 03:55 PM   #5112
propbeanie

You really had me worried there torpedobait... Remember that the game does dates differently in just about all of the areas of the game. Some places, they go mmddyyyy, other places, yyyymmdd, other places ddmmyyyy, as above, so you are seeing "second day of the first month, in the year 1943", which would be January 2nd, 1943 to a Yankee...

Just to let you know, that Miyoka Harbor issue you found is much much more than just Miyoka Harbor... We have discovered another Bermuda Triangle area in the game!... - If nothing else, we have a quick-fix to use, but we are attempting to rectify the situation in a proper manner. We had all of our ducks in a row when we split the Jap_HarborTraffic file into "layers", but the game has a unique way of dealing with RndGroups that are numbered above 777... they just up and disappear, unless they are part of the Jap_HarborTraffic file, which apparently has magical powers beyond mere mortal comprehension... There must be a special place in Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific for that file...

Last edited by propbeanie; 07-30-17 at 04:14 PM.
Old 07-31-17, 08:48 AM   #5113
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397

Quote:
You really had me worried there torpedobait... Remember that the game does dates differently in just about all of the areas of the game. Some places, they go mmddyyyy, other places, yyyymmdd, other places ddmmyyyy, as above, so you are seeing "second day of the first month, in the year 1943", which would be January 2nd, 1943 to a Yankee...

Just to let you know, that Miyoka Harbor issue you found is much much more than just Miyoka Harbor... We have discovered another Bermuda Triangle area in the game!... - If nothing else, we have a quick-fix to use, but we are attempting to rectify the situation in a proper manner. We had all of our ducks in a row when we split the Jap_HarborTraffic file into "layers", but the game has a unique way of dealing with RndGroups that are numbered above 777... they just up and disappear, unless they are part of the Jap_HarborTraffic file, which apparently has magical powers beyond mere mortal comprehension... There must be a special place in Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific for that file...
Had not noticed that about the dates. Must be reflecting the preferences of different programmers working in the same modules (or whatever they are now days). Shows a lack of quality control. Setting universal parameters like date formats should be done at the very outset of a project. But easy to say now, eh?

Sorry to give you a mess on those harbors, etc. but glad it is going to contribute to the overall quality. I'm back in early 1943. Going to see if I can complete a career before the next release. I always start fresh with each release. Feels like Groundhog Day after a while!

Keep 'em coming. I am loving this project. Very stable, very pretty, and at times very exciting. Nothing like a dud torpedo bouncing off a hard charging DD that is only 650 yards away and coming right at my bow to get the adrenaline flowing!

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-17, 11:09 AM   #5114
propbeanie

It will be a bit before the next version comes out. The AI Subs are about ready, other than final touches on a layer or two with them in the campaign. However, attempts are being made to have torpedoes shooting from them... maybe even a surface vessel or two, although those may wait for an add-on mod for later. I'm also attempting to renumber about 1/3 of the RGG in the old Jap_HarborTraffic file. We're not sure what we've found with the file and the splits that I've made, but over a third of the RGG do NOT load when in a different file from the original Jap_HarborTraffic.mis file, which we dumped in an attempt to be more "efficient" with computer resources. Doesn't look so good if you break something else while fixing another thing. "Sorry 'bout the steering on your automobile... but we got the brakes fixed, so you can stop anytime it doesn't steer straight!"...

Old 08-02-17, 08:14 AM   #5115
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
Sorry to give you a mess on those harbors, etc. but glad it is going to contribute to the overall quality.

NEVER worry about reporting what you find. You have made vital contributions to the war effort and we're proud to have you aboard!
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote