SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-20-15, 08:29 AM   #1
SeaviewSkipper
Loader

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0
Default CAN'T END PATROL--HAS GAME GONE GOOFY?

Hi everyone. I have a strange problem. I left Brisbane, Australia on my seventh patrol on Dec. 10th, 1944. I was ordered to patrol in the South China Sea. I sank 30 merchants and 3 DD's for a total of 159,000 tons. I refitted a few times to replenish fuel and torpedoes. I completed the primary objective and the secondary one, which was to sink merchant shipping in the S. China Sea.
I refitted a last time at Mios Woendi because I thought I might not have enough fuel to get back to Brisbane. I returned to Brisbane on Feb. 18th, 1945 and could NOT end the patrol. I was only given the option to refit or postpone. I was shocked. That has never happened to me before.
I thought it might be because I had a full load of fish, so I went out in mid-ocean and fired all the torpedoes at nothing. I came back to Brisbane and still could not end the patrol.
Am I missing something, or has my game suddenly glitched-out big time? Any help from my fellow captains would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Jeff
SeaviewSkipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-15, 08:50 AM   #2
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

A couple of questions. First I know it is late in the war, but did your home-base change?

Also what mods are you using?

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-15, 09:07 AM   #3
SeaviewSkipper
Loader

Hi. I don't know if my home base changed. I did look at some of my radio messages and didn't see anything, but I didn't go through them all. Perhaps I should. I have no mods, just the stock SH4 1.5. I just manually pulled into an empty slip at Brisbane, thinking that may allow me to end the patrol, but it didn't.
Old 02-20-15, 09:23 AM   #4
SeaviewSkipper
Loader

I just went through all of my radio messages for the patrol and there is no message about my home base changing. When I sent a status report to base I was told that I could either patrol an area of my choice or return to base, as usual.

I guess I'm doomed to wander the Pacific, sinking Jap shipping and endlessly refitting until the war ends. I'll be a modern-day Flying Dutchman.
Old 02-20-15, 09:37 AM   #5
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaviewSkipper View Post
I just went through all of my radio messages for the patrol and there is no message about my home base changing. When I sent a status report to base I was told that I could either patrol an area of my choice or return to base, as usual.

I guess I'm doomed to wander the Pacific, sinking Jap shipping and endlessly refitting until the war ends. I'll be a modern-day Flying Dutchman.
Your home-base will be represented by an anchor that is tilted. If it is not you can only re-supply there.

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-15, 10:00 AM   #6
SeaviewSkipper
Loader

Oh? I never noticed that. The odd thing is that I started this career early in '44 because I wanted to use a Balao-class boat. I've only ever sailed out of Brisbane. I'll check the bases and see which one is tilted. Thanks for the heads-up.
Old 02-20-15, 10:09 AM   #7
SeaviewSkipper
Loader

Well, don't that beat all! My home base was changed to Freemantle! It's the only anchor icon that's tilted. I didn't get a message to that effect, unless I missed it when I went through them.
Thanks so much. You're a life saver and I appreciate it! Have a fine day. I am going to venture into the world of mods after I finish this career. I put it off because I'm quite software ignorant and didn't want to screw things up. But I'm going to take the plunge soon, so to speak.
Old 02-20-15, 10:52 AM   #8
Crannogman
Watch Officer

Downloads: 24

Quote:
Well, don't that beat all! My home base was changed to Freemantle! It's the only anchor icon that's tilted. I didn't get a message to that effect, unless I missed it when I went through them.
Thanks so much. You're a life saver and I appreciate it! Have a fine day. I am going to venture into the world of mods after I finish this career. I put it off because I'm quite software ignorant and didn't want to screw things up. But I'm going to take the plunge soon, so to speak.
I was able to activate several mods without messing with my career. I did the map make-over, Run Silent Run Deep, and Optical Targetting Correction
Old 02-20-15, 05:25 PM   #9
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
the game never tells you your base changed so its common to be surprised to find it out. you have to get into the habit of looking for where the tilted anchor is before heading home "just in case"
Old 02-20-15, 06:52 PM   #10
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > SeaviewSkipper

You Will Always Find Someone Here To Help You

Links To My > SH3SH4 – SH5 > Posts

Step By Step Tutorials & How To Do It.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=211804

Some Special And Useful Download Links Included For SH3 <> SH4 <> SH5

New To Silent Hunter Then My Thread Will Help To Get You Started.

Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=2033119%23post2033119
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-15, 10:07 PM   #11
fireftr18
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77

Quote:
I don't know if it's a bug, or done that way on purpose. Base changes come with a message. That change happens without warning, and usually just before you're about to dock. It's easy to miss. When I played stock, I just refueled at Brisbane, then went around south of Australia to Fremantle.
Old 02-21-15, 04:33 AM   #12
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireftr18 View Post
I don't know if it's a bug, or done that way on purpose. Base changes come with a message. That change happens without warning, and usually just before you're about to dock. It's easy to miss. When I played stock, I just refueled at Brisbane, then went around south of Australia to Fremantle.
I guess the message is put in by RSRDC, and could be changed to a earlier date, if you dug into it. It certainly doesn't make sense to have the base change in a flash, leaving you high and dry.

TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-15, 07:51 AM   #13
SeaviewSkipper
Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > SeaviewSkipper

You Will Always Find Someone Here To Help You

Links To My > SH3SH4 – SH5 > Posts

Step By Step Tutorials & How To Do It.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=211804

Some Special And Useful Download Links Included For SH3 <> SH4 <> SH5

New To Silent Hunter Then My Thread Will Help To Get You Started.

Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=2033119%23post2033119
Hi BERBSTER. How are you? Yes, thanks again for your offer of help. I'm sure I'll avail myself of it when I download some mods after this career is over.
Old 02-21-15, 07:54 AM   #14
SeaviewSkipper
Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crannogman View Post
I was able to activate several mods without messing with my career. I did the map make-over, Run Silent Run Deep, and Optical Targetting Correction
That's interesting. I think I'll wait, though. My record with PC manipulation and modification isn't a good one, and I'm enjoying this career. I probably have two patrols to go.
Old 02-21-15, 07:57 AM   #15
SeaviewSkipper
Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireftr18 View Post
I never got a message. I wonder if it's just Brisbane to Freemantle, because that's what happened to me as well.