SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-20-15, 09:38 AM   #226
maillemaker
Sea Lord

Downloads: 75
Uploads: 0

I just got a new graphics card so I'm trying to give SH5 another spin. I'm pretty hardcore SH3. Never played SH4.

The modding process for SH5 is maddeningly confusing so far.

SH3 was pretty easy. Install stock, install GWX, activate mods using JSGME, and you're there.

Installing H.sie was a bit of a hassle but with the new S3F front end it's easier.

I've got Stock SH5 installed, and then updated, and I'm trying to figure out the TDW generic patcher. Haven't gotten to the mods yet.

Anyway.

I don't think a sub sim will ever be released that has all the details that this community requires. It's simply too expensive to produce. I am sure that the Ubi folks are aware of this community and what it is able to do and having seen what it did with SH3 they almost certainly purposefully leave some things unfinished with hooks available for modders to finish up for them.

Steve
maillemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-15, 11:48 AM   #227
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by maillemaker View Post
Never played SH4.
Try it when you get a chance

Lots of great mods on the Pacific Side, and some nice ones for the
Atlantic.

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-15, 06:59 AM   #228
Vivoune
Swabbie

Downloads: 90

I'd love a silent hunter mmo.

But not the dumbed down gameplay that "mmo" usually entails. A good Silent Hunter game that's full on the simulation side and with a graphic engine that is ready to face the next decade. With a good amount of RPG elements (read progression).
Something original on the mmo side but with the depth and realism of a well executed silent hunter. With the difficulty % improving the player gains to make up for it, along with auto-TDC that aren't always dead accurate.

-both allied & axis sides playable and each of them fighting to sink or save the most tonnage on a sea route which has consequences on the region's ports equipment, fuel, ammo and supply available for the players.

-World map being semi-persistent, player action has true consequences for months to come and offers for plenty of dynamic solo or pack missions

-Player progression, career & crew management

The possibilities are endless, the funds usually aren't.

We should kickstart Sub Simtizen.

Last edited by Vivoune; 06-02-15 at 07:10 AM.
Vivoune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-15, 06:17 AM   #229
sunshadow
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 15

We need something like DCS world for naval units with a WW2 setting. I'd love to see a naval game with the graphics of SH5. You simply buy the submarine/ship you want to play and enter the persistent world.
sunshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-15, 12:08 PM   #230
omzan
Nub

Downloads: 350
Default Improved SH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsu View Post
SH3 is the best subsim of WWII era. I don't need SH6. However, I need Destroyer command 2.
Sure! What I would like very much in a SH6 is a SH3 with improved graphics and niceties....
omzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-15, 05:27 PM   #231
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

sunshadow! and welcome back omzan!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-15, 05:26 AM   #232
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshadow View Post
We need something like DCS world for naval units with a WW2 setting. I'd love to see a naval game with the graphics of SH5. You simply buy the submarine/ship you want to play and enter the persistent world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by omzan View Post
Sure! What I would like very much in a SH6 is a SH3 with improved graphics and niceties....
Welcome to SubSim peeps

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-15, 03:32 PM   #233
denny927
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 213

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonibamestre View Post
What we all need is a truly NAVAL game built from scratch,featuring the 60s till lets say 25 year period and implementing not just accurate submarine 3d platforms,but full operational Carrier Battle Groups with ALL its detection -weapon systems.
Later on,more addons,platforms and sceneries can be developed to emulate our days.Even more,new designs could be proposed in a innovative futuristic way,from several Navies,giving way to a truly dynamic shipyards.

Battlestation midway and Pacific? ?
System Specs:CASE CM 690 NVIDIA, Gigabyte G1 sniper m3 Intel 3570k 3.4GHz, NVIDIA GTX 770 2 GB, 8 GB RAM DDR3 MUSHKIN 1600 Mhz, 3 HD(120, 250, 500 GB), PSU 700W COOLER MASTER ULTIMATE, MONITOR LG 27" FULL HD, TWO SPEAKER LG X230 2.1.
denny927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-15, 04:44 AM   #234
Havan_IronOak
Navy Dude

Downloads: 233
Default I know the die hards will disagree but...

If there ever is a Silent Hunter 6 it should feature a plane avoidance mode.

I'm not saying take any of the functionality out of the game, just make it less of a pain to get to missions in the East China Sea and the South China Sea.

Hear me out! In my current mission I traveled along 30N. It's September 8th 1942. There's a 14 degree cone of craziness SSE of Osaka. I was 600 KM south and it took me about in-game 8 hours to get through the area avoiding planes by diving and then resurfacing 10 minutes after losing the plane contact. That is if the plane is likely to spot me. Ones that are further out I can just monitor closely from the surface.

This is interesting once or twice but it takes close to an hour of real world time. Even using time accelerations of up to 512 then slowing down to evaluate each threat at 8 times acceleration.

That's an hour of gaming time that I'd like to be able to spend better.
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
NVidia RTX2070 16 Gig
Havan_IronOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-15, 08:15 PM   #235
fastfed
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 246

haha how awesome would a real MMO SUB game be?? like real time stuff.

BTW there will never ever be another silent hunter type of simulator.. never.

The gaming world has changed massively, with either high moving action games, ultra graphics (which I love) or free to play world of tanks/ships games.. which actually I wouldn't doubt if there was a submarine online type of game that requires money to progress, lol
fastfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-15, 12:55 AM   #236
Haukka81
Medic

Downloads: 368
Default Do we really need a Silent Hunter 6?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfed View Post
haha how awesome would a real MMO SUB game be?? like real time stuff.

BTW there will never ever be another silent hunter type of simulator.. never.

The gaming world has changed massively, with either high moving action games, ultra graphics (which I love) or free to play world of tanks/ships games.. which actually I wouldn't doubt if there was a submarine online type of game that requires money to progress, lol

Dont be so sure..

There is always some one that likes to make subsim
Haukka81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-15, 08:36 AM   #237
goodpoints
Watch

Downloads: 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by maillemaker View Post
I don't think a sub sim will ever be released that has all the details that this community requires. It's simply too expensive to produce. I am sure that the Ubi folks are aware of this community and what it is able to do and having seen what it did with SH3 they almost certainly purposefully leave some things unfinished with hooks available for modders to finish up for them.

Steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshadow View Post
That's actually what I've been thinking lately too. Eagle Dynamics pretty much killed the "high fidelity sims are too expensive" excuse. And honestly, considering ED's (and third parties) flirting with WWII, land combat (Combined Arms), and vague suggestions of a future air-land-sea gesamsimwerk; I think we'll see DCS: Type VIIC before an actual Silent Hunter 6. And their water looks a hell of a lot better than SH5 too. (I would know, I've landed in it quite enough)

Can you imagine a fully modeled sub where you can push every button and flip every switch? No more lame TDC-inside-the-periscope.

Last edited by goodpoints; 08-11-15 at 04:50 PM.
goodpoints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-15, 11:42 AM   #238
15thSharpe
Swabbie

Downloads: 19
Default Kaisermarine

It would be cool if they did decide to do a SH6 and set it in World War 1. Love to have a chance to sink ships without pesky ASDIC or Aircraft
15thSharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-15, 02:49 PM   #239
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

If I'm not mistaken SH6 has been released long time ago but they've mistakenly replaced "6" with letter "O"...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-15, 04:27 PM   #240
denny927
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 213

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodpoints View Post
That's actually what I've been thinking lately too. Eagle Dynamics pretty much killed the "high fidelity sims are too expensive" excuse. And honestly, considering ED's (and third parties) flirting with WWII, land combat (Combined Arms), and vague suggestions of a future air-land-sea gesamsimwerk; I think we'll see DCS: Type VIIC before an actual Silent Hunter 6. And their water looks a hell of a lot better than SH5 too. (I would know, I've landed in it quite enough)

Can you imagine a fully modeled sub where you can push every button and flip every switch? No more lame TDC-inside-the-periscope.
Yeah but would be a very messy battlestations switch, this would be great in a co op where each one is on his own station..but again, tc?
System Specs:CASE CM 690 NVIDIA, Gigabyte G1 sniper m3 Intel 3570k 3.4GHz, NVIDIA GTX 770 2 GB, 8 GB RAM DDR3 MUSHKIN 1600 Mhz, 3 HD(120, 250, 500 GB), PSU 700W COOLER MASTER ULTIMATE, MONITOR LG 27" FULL HD, TWO SPEAKER LG X230 2.1.
denny927 is offline   Reply With Quote