SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-31-19, 02:31 AM   #481
hunter301
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Is the V1.02 the latest and greatest of this mod?
Can I download it by itself to the V1.5 with Uboat missions or do I have to use one of the mod editors I here about?
Am getting so sick of the PK device screwing me up.
When I tell radar to send target bearing to TDC every time I hit the button on "bearing to TDC" my own ship on the PK does a dance around the dial moving about 10 degrees each time I hit the button.
What's up with that?

"You know what the chain of command is?
It's the chain I get and beat you with till you understand who's in command."
-ME
hunter301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-19, 07:18 PM   #482
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

v1.02 is it. It's been forever since I noodled with it, but I had to make myself a pdf of Nisgeis' first post instructions and sit in front of the computer with the game running, with liberal use of the pause button. I even made myself a SingleMission with just a docked ship sitting in the southeast Pacific, nothing else around except my Balao, and practiced the radar with it. I forgot it all the next day... - but seriously, it is a lot to remember, and takes practice. All of the functionality does not work, and when your boat bounces around on the dial, you've probably got invalid data. Be sure you have it activated correctly in JSGME. That's all you should need to run it in SH4 v1.5, with no other mods... for now - oh! do not use an old save game from before having activated the mod...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-19, 10:50 AM   #483
hunter301
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
v1.02 is it. It's been forever since I noodled with it, but I had to make myself a pdf of Nisgeis' first post instructions and sit in front of the computer with the game running, with liberal use of the pause button. I even made myself a SingleMission with just a docked ship sitting in the southeast Pacific, nothing else around except my Balao, and practiced the radar with it. I forgot it all the next day... - but seriously, it is a lot to remember, and takes practice. All of the functionality does not work, and when your boat bounces around on the dial, you've probably got invalid data. Be sure you have it activated correctly in JSGME. That's all you should need to run it in SH4 v1.5, with no other mods... for now - oh! do not use an old save game from before having activated the mod...
I want to be able to bounce back and forth between the attack periscope and the new 3D TDC so I can really see what's going on. I'm hoping with this I get more accurate information.
I'm so sick of that damned PK giving me false information all the time. It's more like looking at a Quija board.
If you click on "send bearing to TDC" it moves your "own ship" on the PK dial around in a circle each time you click it.

"You know what the chain of command is?
It's the chain I get and beat you with till you understand who's in command."
-ME
hunter301 is offline   Reply With Quote