SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-15-07, 02:36 PM   #256
TDK1044
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0

What's the general opinion of anyone who is using this mod in conjunction with TM1.6.5? I'm waiting for patch 1.4, but I'm considering using this and TM together after 1.4. Thanks.

Terry
TDK1044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-07, 03:37 PM   #257
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Woooooooooo Hooooo!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3
New versions on RSRDC are up

TM and RFB Compatible

see first post for links

Run Silent, Run Deep
The Campaign
(Version 110 Trigger Maru 1.6.5 Compatable)

This version of RSRDC is 100% compatable with Trigger Maru 1.6.5 Compatable
Awesome!!!!! Now TM + ROW + RSRD + NSM = Supermod!

I would suggest keeping them all separate so updates in one don't force a huge download. I would also suggest numbering the modules as well as naming them. This way sorting by numbers would show correct loading order in JSGME. Just by example, here's my JSGME list right now:

Instead of doing it like I have here perhaps the TM files would be 10 and 11, ROW 20 through 29, RSRD 30 to 39, NSM 40 to 49. Looks like that would have to be modified because leo wants NSM loaded in the middle of the ROW modules. Not a problem, just give NSM a number in the middle of the ROW sequence and delete the number range for NSM above. Just thinking out loud here.

If modules had more than 10 files we could go to a 3 digit system. Here's where it makes sense: if someone does not wish to install all the sections all he has to do is install what he DOES want in numerical order.

Irrelevent tangent: You might want to check out that Pearl Harbor Menu I have loaded on top of Silent Service Graphics Mod. it only replaces the loading screen, where you see black and white photos of the devastation at Pearl Harbor and FDR's voice declaring war on Japan. "Yesterday, December seventh, nineteen fourty-one, a day which will live in infamy..." If that doesn't set the tone, you're dead! Someone could tweak the volume up a bit though. It's a little noticed but awesome tweak to the masterful Silent Service Graphics mod.

Last edited by Rockin Robbins; 11-15-07 at 06:34 PM.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-07, 07:41 PM   #258
donut
The Old Man

Downloads: 10
Sorry Capt.Lurker_hlb3,I must ask

[quote=lurker_hlb3]Run Silent, Run Deep

The Campaign

This version of RSRDC is 100% compatable with Trigger Maru 1.6.5 Compatable

Installation / Compatibility

RSRDC (TM Compatible) is designed to install over the top of Trigger Maru 1.6.5 using JSGME, hand installation is not recommended. You will need to start a new career after installation and old save games will not be compatible with RSRDC. Do not attempt to install this version of RSRDC on any version of SH4 other than TM 1.6.5[quote]Now first thank you. What needs tobe adjusted to make T_M_1.6,compatiable,With RSRDC v110 TM. I am sure this question is a pain,but I know,that A periscope,is very likely never spotted from an aircraft,in R/L,& even in shallow water the sub blends w/the bottom.the reflection off the water at a min.alt.of 200Ft.speed,200kts.in an A/C,other than dead calm sea no chance.This is my eyes,1964,USCG,search,& rescue training,Gitmo water was clear 70ft deep,R/L.can not live with this GWX hipe. IMHO
donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-07, 08:05 PM   #259
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Run Silent, Run Deep

The Campaign

This version of RSRDC is 100% compatable with Trigger Maru 1.6.5

RSRDC (TM Compatible) is designed to install over the top of Trigger Maru 1.6.5 using JSGME, hand installation is not recommended. You will need to start a new career after installation and old save games will not be compatible with RSRDC. Do not attempt to install this version of RSRDC on any version of SH4 other than TM 1.6.5
Quote:
Now first thank you. What needs tobe adjusted to make T_M_1.6,compatiable,With RSRDC v110 TM. I am sure this question is a pain,but I know,that A periscope,is very likely never spotted from an aircraft,in R/L,& even in shallow water the sub blends w/the bottom.the reflection off the water at a min.alt.of 200Ft.speed,200kts.in an A/C,other than dead calm sea no chance.This is my eyes,1964,USCG,search,& rescue training,Gitmo water was clear 70ft deep,R/L.can not live with this GWX hipe. IMHO

???????????????
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-07, 08:26 PM   #260
LukeFF
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3
The “Entertainment” value going to go “way up” with Phase 2. One of the major changes will be to the “Convoy” and “Troop Transport” layers, they are all going to be replaced, using Senji Yuso Sendan Shi (Wartime Transportation Convoys History), by Shinshichiro Komamiya, your will be going up against “real” convoys. Also will roll into ‘messages.txt’ “ULTRA” intel that will replace the stock “contact” reports for IJN Units and convoys.
Like others have said, this is GREAT news. I've not played the game much since I've installed RSRD, but I've been very impressed so far with the historical immersion your mod imparts.
LukeFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-07, 08:36 PM   #261
donut
The Old Man

Sorry to confuse ?????????? Note color

[quote=lurker_hlb3]
Quote:
Run Silent, Run Deep

The Campaign

This version of RSRDC is 100% compatable with Trigger Maru 1.6.5

RSRDC (TM Compatible) is designed to install over the top of Trigger Maru 1.6.5 using JSGME, hand installation is not recommended. You will need to start a new career after installation and old save games will not be compatible with RSRDC.
Quote:
Do not attempt to install this version of RSRDC on any version of SH4 other than TM 1.6.5
Quote:
Now first thank you. What needs tobe adjusted to make T_M_1.6,compatiable,With RSRDC v110 TM. I am sure this question is a pain,but I know,that A periscope,is very likely never spotted from an aircraft,in R/L,& even in shallow water the sub blends w/the bottom.the reflection off the water at a min.alt.of 200Ft.speed,200kts.in an A/C,other than dead calm sea no chance.This is my eyes,1964,USCG,search,& rescue training,Gitmo water was clear 70ft deep,R/L.can not live with this GWX hipe. IMHO

???????????????
NOTE:Do not attempt to install this version of RSRDC on any version of SH4 other than TM 1.6.5,I would like to alter RSRDC to work w/T_M_1.6 ,BUTwhat!
Old 11-15-07, 08:59 PM   #262
donut
The Old Man

Duci,& Lurker

Old 11-15-07, 09:05 PM   #263
Fincuan
Admiral

Downloads: 39

Which one is which?
Fincuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-07, 04:29 AM   #264
DrBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 36

Just a heads-up if anyone decides to use nvdrifter's camera shake mod. It WILL cause a CTD if you let it overwrite. The reason is, lurker has added new bombs in the bombs.sim file, a file that nvdrifter's mod also touches. I've made all the necessary adaptations of the RSRD files to include the "camera shake" effects, and I've asked for nvdrifter's permission to hand them over to lurker_hlb3 if he wants them available as an alternative download.

Let the Beast inside you free!
DrBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-07, 05:47 AM   #265
LukeFF
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 41

lurker, I suggest that if you want to keep the ships that have been ported over from SH3 that you or someone else get them up to spec in terms of textures, crew members on deck, etc. While it's theoretically nice to have the extra ships, it's kind of a downer seeing ships of IMHO lesser quality than those that came stock w/SH4, not to mention their recognition manual entries look out of place as well. Personally I've just deleted any ported SH3 ships and will keep it that way until they're textured better and/or patch 1.4 is released (who knows, maybe some new ships are coming...). Same goes for some of the aircraft as well (I realize you know that). They just really look out of place, especially since much better ones are already slated for release with SH3.

I hope you don't take this as a slam but as a way to make this already quality mod that much better.
LukeFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-07, 06:29 AM   #266
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeFF
lurker, I suggest that if you want to keep the ships that have been ported over from SH3 that you or someone else get them up to spec in terms of textures, crew members on deck, etc. While it's theoretically nice to have the extra ships, it's kind of a downer seeing ships of IMHO lesser quality than those that came stock w/SH4, not to mention their recognition manual entries look out of place as well. Personally I've just deleted any ported SH3 ships and will keep it that way until they're textured better and/or patch 1.4 is released (who knows, maybe some new ships are coming...). Same goes for some of the aircraft as well (I realize you know that). They just really look out of place, especially since much better ones are already slated for release with SH3.

I hope you don't take this as a slam but as a way to make this already quality mod that much better.
A word of warning, those SH3 ships you're removing are used in the campagin layer, which will cause your game to CTD.
Old 11-16-07, 09:26 AM   #267
TDK1044
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 25

When I go to add this mod to TM 1.6.5, it tells me that I'm going to overwrite a whole load of files. Is this OK to do?
TDK1044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-07, 09:55 AM   #268
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946

As long as it installs after Trigger you should be good to go. I installed yesterday, but have not played it yet. Looking forward to it as you get lurkers campaign stuff along with all of Ducimus's AI changes as well as the various mods included with Trigger. Of note I also installed ROW with this.

So Trigger, Row than RSRD.

RDP

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-07, 10:01 AM   #269
Lopo
Lieutenant

Downloads: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDK1044
When I go to add this mod to TM 1.6.5, it tells me that I'm going to overwrite a whole load of files. Is this OK to do?
http://gallery.filefront.com/LOPO69//826060/

It works very well... no problems until today.

Take care

Last edited by Lopo; 11-16-07 at 10:14 AM.
Lopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-07, 03:12 PM   #270
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDK1044
Yes