SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-21-12, 09:33 AM   #151
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

I can't send you a PM currently due to Subsim maintenance. Once we are able to send PMs again I'll send you the link to my WIP on this
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-12, 09:57 AM   #152
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
I can't send you a PM currently due to Subsim maintenance. Once we are able to send PMs again I'll send you the link to my WIP on this
Got it
I'll install and do the test afterwards or tomorrow

Thanks!
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-12, 08:42 AM   #153
gap
Navy Seal

@ TDW, Rongel and everyone who cares

Yesterday and the day before yesterday I've tested your advanced sailboats. I am posting here the report, so to allow people to take part in the discussion, if they want. First, my modlist:

Quote:
Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS]

FX_Update_0_0_19_ByTheDarkWraith
IRAI_0_0_37_ByTheDarkWraith
NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ByTheDarkWraith
Enhanced_SH5Lifeboats_by_Rongel_TDW_stoianm_v1_0_0
Here are my findings:

Quote:
  • 1st observation: I raised the periscope, and cruised at full speed toward the liferafts. Nothing happened. I had to surface the boat in order to make them to react and to draw the airplane in my area.

Remarks: I think this is due to loose lifeboats sensors. In theory the plane should have been alerted in any case, no matter if I was 200 mt under the sea level, or 100 km away.

• 2nd observation: I reloaded the mission. This time I surfaced from the beginning. The hurricane left its route and came toward me. When it got me in its firing range, it started to use its machine guns.

Remarks: I was very close the lifeboats, so it is difficult to say whether the airplane had my position pinpointed from the beginning, or rather it was correctly heading toward the liferafts when it detected me with its own sensors.

• 3rd observation: after the first attack I dove at periscope depth. The hurricane stopped immediately its attack and resumed its previous route. I then resurfaced, and again the hurricain raided me. I repeated the cycle 3-4 time, always with the same result.

Remarks: this behaviour doesn't look right to me. Shouldn't your "lost contact time" thingy allow alerted units to look for enemies within 30 min from their last detection? And also, shouldn't the airplane have known yet my position, even if I was under 12 mt of waters? Is it possible that this happened because the airplane didn't have depth charges to discharge on me?

• 4th obesrvation: I then edited your mission removing the liferafts from it, and loaded it in game. After surfacing the boat, my crew was able to spot the hurricane, but the aircraft wasn't able to do the same with me.

Remarks: this demonstrates that the aircraft was actually alerted by the liferafts On the other hand if the aircraft wasn't able to spot us, it shouldn't have been able to spot the liferafts either. This one would be only a minor annoyance, but anyway, is there no way to limit the range within wich units can be alerted by a liferaft to their visual range?

• 5th observation: finally I got rid of the hurricane, and started using my deck and flak guns on the rafts. They were taking damage (and spawning debris). No fires and explosions. But after discharhing on them my whole payload, they were still afloat.

Remarks: I've found quite diffucult to make center on them with the deck gun. It would be perfect being able to sink them with few shells of our flak gun.
Finally, I've created a diagram showing how ideally the whole lifeboat alert system should work, though being aware that not everything can be done in SH5:

The black spot in the center is a lifeboat. If any passing through airplane gets this raft within its visual range (red circle), it gets alerted:
it calls in other units within x minutes from the raft position -as defined by the lost contact time setting in sim.cfg- and starts patrolling the area within a radius of let's say 25-50 km from the raft (orange circle), for the same "lost contact time" duration.
This routine should repeat every time an aircraft "spots" the raft, and as long as an enemy unit is within the sensors range of the lifeboat (spotted circle). This range, should be at least as big as the orange one.

Last edited by gap; 05-23-12 at 08:53 AM.
Old 08-02-12, 10:07 AM   #154
icer667
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

For some reason, lifeboats never spawn in my game. even the warships don't spawn any.

Is there a way to increase the chances of them spawning?
icer667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-12, 11:48 AM   #155
GT182
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 658

I just happened to run across this. Nice mod! Once I return to Keil I'll get it installed.

Oh, and for the first time that I can remember for a long time, I could download from GameFront. I hope it stays working, because yesterday I lost every SH5 mod I'd saved.

No Borders, No Language, No Culture =s No Country

I'm a Deplorable, and proud of it.
GT182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-12, 09:08 AM   #156
Creeden
Nub

Downloads: 21

Let me start by saying thank you to all the moders here at Subsim... you guys are amazing!!! And of course, thank you for this awesome lifeboat mod!

Unfortunately the SH5Lifeboats mod is completely muting motor_Diesel_LOOP.wav... I'm assuming it has something to do with the Sh.sdl changes, but to be perfectly honest, I have no idea what that file does

Just an FYI i ran some tests with all other mods enabled except the lifeboats mod and the engine sounds were there... which is why I've concluded this mod is causing the issue.

Is anyone else experiencing similar problems with this mod? Or better yet... does anyone know how I can fix this? For now I'm going to delete the sound files from the lifeboat mod ... but I'd really like to have those cries for help form the lifeboats... they add a great deal of immersion to the game. Thank you.

My Mod list:
=========
Accurate German Flags
RemoveLogoIntroTheDarkWraith
DBM Background Video
NDB,NDH OM#1 - No Dialog Indicator
Dynamic Environment SH5 Basemod (normal ) V2.1
Dynamic Environment SH5 Atlantic Floor V2.1
Dynamic Environment SH5 Undersea (tropical) V2.1
Dynamic Environment SH5 v2.1 - Skycolor Hotfix #1
sobers 3D deck spray mod V7
Window_Lights_Redone_V1
NOZAURIO'S SKIN (Standar No Emblem) v-1.0.0
Pascal-sh5-Crew-Uniforms. 12.2011
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2.2 Patch
Fuel Gauge WoGaDi_SteelViking's Interior
Fix clock rear torpedo room VIIA
MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2.1 Alt w beards
Speech fixes and additions (english version)
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_byTheBeast
#Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1_HotFix
Eqp_Upgrades_fix_v1.4 dates by sober Patch V2
FX_Update_0_0_19_ByTheDarkWraith
NewUIs_TDC_7_1_0_ByTheDarkWraith
Manos Scopes-patch for 16x9
IRAI_0_0_37_ByTheDarkWraith
Reworked Morale and Abilities v.1.01
TDW FX Fix for Sobers chimney smoke
Grossdeutscher Rundfunk
sobers NO water drops V1
Trevally Tutorial - All v0.2 (for TDW UI)
Trevally Automated Scripts v0.6
Trevally Harbour & Kiel Canal Pilot v2.9
MightyFine Less Annoying Footsteps 1.0
EQuaTool 01.01 by AvM - Large Style
Shadow Improvement ModLR
SubFlags_0_0_8_byTheDarkWraith
SH5Lifeboats_by_Rongel_TDW_stoianm_v2.11
Creeden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-12, 09:46 AM   #157
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Hi Creeden!
Here - http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?kvb8sz0yvk9kc30
That sh.sdl included all sounds from almost all mods (SubFlags, SH5Lifeboats, FX Update, new OHIIv2.0, Harbour Addition etc.).. you can enable it via JSGME after all your mods..

And Welcome to subsim
Volodya

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-12, 10:26 AM   #158
gap
Navy Seal

Does anyone know if Wooden Lifeboats + Crew in Water Mod is compatible with this mod?
Old 08-06-12, 10:38 AM   #159
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

I think Uekel includ it into his megamod - http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=812
Ask him..

Volodya

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-12, 10:44 AM   #160
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
I think Uekel includ it into his megamod - http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=812
Ask him..

Volodya
Thank you Volodya, I thought I was the only one looking back at that old mod
Old 08-07-12, 01:19 AM   #161
Creeden
Nub

Downloads: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
Hi Creeden!
Here - http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?kvb8sz0yvk9kc30
That sh.sdl included all sounds from almost all mods (SubFlags, SH5Lifeboats, FX Update, new OHIIv2.0, Harbour Addition etc.).. you can enable it via JSGME after all your mods..

And Welcome to subsim
Volodya
Thanks Voladya... that sh.sdl file solved my problem with the engine sound and fixed a few other sound problems as well! Thank you very much... you rock!
Creeden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-12, 08:33 PM   #162
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 22

I new that the lifeboat sounds would have music from that scene off Das Boot.
Old 09-07-12, 09:00 PM   #163
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budds View Post
Would suggest caution in adding/edit of the Spec.ops boat collision effects.
IIRC it can cause problems when inserting spy missions are called for.
The Spec.Ops boat bumps into your Sub and you end up sinking it, and therefore are unable to complete those missions.

Just a Thought...............
to finish the mission, you just need to launch the spec ops boat. it doesnt matter if the boat makes it to shore.
Old 09-07-12, 11:34 PM   #164
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedi View Post
Like I said, I think they skiped these because they bounce too much on high waves. Anyway, nice finding.. fresh meat for gun practice
:d own:
Old 09-10-12, 09:55 AM   #165
GT182
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 658

Gap, there is a Wooden Lifeboat mod that's for SHIII. Make sure it's not the one your're trying to use in SH5 as it won't work. It could even screw up other SH5 mods that are installed, as it did for me.

No Borders, No Language, No Culture =s No Country

I'm a Deplorable, and proud of it.
GT182 is offline   Reply With Quote