SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-12-07, 04:15 PM   #151
metroman
Swabbie

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0
Default Hi Guys

Just tried it again, this time I waited another two days before turning on the radio on Dec. 15. It plays the 'Manila Bombed' piece before CTD still. I went back and double checked the notes from the 'fix', it appears to be right:hmm: .

Are the bulletins/news reports supposed to synch with the date in the game? It's a week after the start of the war and I get the same 'Manila Bombed' clip everytime I turn on the radio.

I love what I've heard so far, think the world of the mods on here, but wish I could figure this out...

TIA,
Brian
metroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-07, 04:21 PM   #152
Digital_Trucker
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 141
Uploads: 10
Default Metroman

Check out the RadioStationManager (link in my signature). It will identify any media file problems and can solve the "old news" bug, which is the cause of you hearing the Manilla Bombed news at the wrong time.

RSM-GIEP-Killflags-LV Tribute-Playable Elco __Peace be with you, Dave.

Digital_Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-07, 04:25 PM   #153
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 0
Default Did you try or do you have the radio manager mod?

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroman
Just tried it again, this time I waited another two days before turning on the radio on Dec. 15. It plays the 'Manila Bombed' piece before CTD still. I went back and double checked the notes from the 'fix', it appears to be right:hmm: .

Are the bulletins/news reports supposed to synch with the date in the game? It's a week after the start of the war and I get the same 'Manila Bombed' clip everytime I turn on the radio.

I love what I've heard so far, think the world of the mods on here, but wish I could figure this out...

TIA,
Brian
That mod can help you set up your game so that all messages and radio programs only happen once per patrol. Maybe that will help you out.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...=radio+manager
leovampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-08, 09:39 AM   #154
mike27466
Swabbie

How to get the Radio mod to work!!!!!!

Hi,
Can anybody please help me out as I cannot get this radio mod to work!!

Where is the radio!!! in the sub! ,I have installed the mod ,installed the js what ever thingy majigy other mod installer...

I activated this radio mod in the js thingy majiggy mod what ever it is called.

I;m spent an hour trying to get this mod to work.

any ideas ,can someone please give a step by step precedture to getting this to work!!

thanks mike
mike27466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-08, 01:20 PM   #155
Digital_Trucker
Silent Hunter

Welcome to subsim, Mike You say you can't find the radio? If you aren't using any of the mods that change what your orders bar looks like, you can click on the radar station tab and then click the button that looks like a radio. If you hover your mouse over the button, a tooltip should appear that says "Activate radio" or something to that effect. When you click on the button a graphic of a radio appears. On it are buttons to turn the radio on, off and to go up or down the frequency dial. Click the on button, then just hover your pointer over an empty area on the radio and it will tell you what frequency you are on (probably 20 to start with). Then click the up or down buttons to get to the frequency that you want.

If you're going to do much in the way of adding radio stations to your game, consider installing the radio station manager (link in my signature). It will make adding and using radio stations much easier as well as handle the "same old news" bug that happens when you load a game saved while at sea and allow you to correct any problems with radio stations that can cause CTDs.

Don't forget to check out the other fine radio station mods (take a look in the list of mods stickied at the top of the forum).

Old 05-16-08, 01:35 PM   #156
Charlie901
XO

Downloads: 29

Question:

How do you determine the radio station locations?

I know it's possibly in Lat/Long Coordinates but it doesn't seem to make sense in viewing the Radio.ini file log...

Some of the coordinates are in negative numbers and don't seem to coorespond to Lat/Long coordinates... Plus the SH4 Editor has no Lat/Long grid map overlay so how do you find a location for a station point...:hmm:

I would like to add some additional stations to the map.

Could someone please explain?

Thanks!

Last edited by Charlie901; 05-16-08 at 02:19 PM.
Charlie901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-08, 02:32 PM   #157
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Downloads: 265
Uploads: 127

Using the Washington station as an example, this is the line dealing with location:

Antenna=01.01.1930-01.01.2000:38.9,-77.02:100000

The 38.9.-77.02 is the latitude and longitude of the station. It's written strictly in degrees and fractions of degrees, so 38.9 is 38 degrees, 54 minutes north of the equator. If it was south, you would need a minus sign in front.

Longitude is minus if it's east of 180 degrees. If it's west, leave the minus sign off. Note this system is backwards from the usual system of using the Prime Meridian (0 degrees), but since we're in the Pacific in this game, it's easier to use 180.
fred8615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-08, 06:23 PM   #158
Charlie901
XO

Downloads: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred8615
Using the Washington station as an example, this is the line dealing with location:

Antenna=01.01.1930-01.01.2000:38.9,-77.02:100000

The 38.9.-77.02 is the latitude and longitude of the station. It's written strictly in degrees and fractions of degrees, so 38.9 is 38 degrees, 54 minutes north of the equator. If it was south, you would need a minus sign in front.

Longitude is minus if it's east of 180 degrees. If it's west, leave the minus sign off. Note this system is backwards from the usual system of using the Prime Meridian (0 degrees), but since we're in the Pacific in this game, it's easier to use 180.

Super, thanks.

How do you get the Lat/Long of a particular position though. There seems to be no way to get the Lat/Long Grid to overlay in the Editor.

Do you get the position in game on the Nav Map or do you use real world positioning.
Charlie901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-08, 01:30 AM   #159
mike27466
Swabbie

[quote=Digital_Trucker]Welcome to subsim, Mike You say you can't find the radio? If you aren't using any of the mods that change what your orders bar looks like, you can click on the radar station tab and then click the button that looks like a radio. If you hover your mouse over the button, a tooltip should appear that says "Activate radio" or something to that effect. When you click on the button a graphic of a radio appears. On it are buttons to turn the radio on, off and to go up or down the frequency dial. Click the on button, then just hover your pointer over an empty area on the radio and it will tell you what frequency you are on (probably 20 to start with). Then click the up or down buttons to get to the frequency that you want.

If you're going to do much in the way of adding radio stations to your game, consider installing the radio station manager (link in my signature). It will make adding and using radio stations much easier as well as handle the "same old news" bug that happens when you load a game saved while at sea and allow you to correct any problems with radio stations that can cause CTDs.

Don't forget to check out the other fine radio station mods (take a look in the list of mods stickied at the top of the forum).[/quote

Thanks for your support and thanks for welcoming me ... I installed the RSM ,even got the freqencies in the RSM ,but i cant get the radio to work in the radar room .

I placed my mouse point over the radio but nothing happens ,nothing highlights ,i do have uboat missions installed ,would that be cauusing the problem

cheers mike
Old 05-17-08, 02:54 AM   #160
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

download captain midnights cbs news http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=108756 then install via JSGME

click on the rsm icon you have put in your silent hunter main page . The radio button is on your hud buttons on the bottom of the screen . Once you have the radio appear click the arrows to go to the correct frequebcy etc .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-08, 09:22 AM   #161
Digital_Trucker
Silent Hunter

Mike, that sounds strange, but everything about computers is strange, so no surprise. You say that you moused over the radio button, but did you click on it? If so and the radio did not appear, then something is wrong either with your installation or because of screen resolution.

What resolution do you run the game at? If it is a high resolution, have you tried running at a lower one (like 1024 x 768) to see if it shows up then?

Also, what other mods do you have installed?

Old 05-17-08, 11:48 AM   #162
Hylander_1314
Sea Lord

Downloads: 139

Works great! Added some WWII era tunes, and it sounds fantastic!

---------------------

Hylander_1314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-08, 06:12 AM   #163
mike27466
Swabbie

Default Still no radio sounds!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Trucker
Mike, that sounds strange, but everything about computers is strange, so no surprise. You say that you moused over the radio button, but did you click on it? If so and the radio did not appear, then something is wrong either with your installation or because of screen resolution.

What resolution do you run the game at? If it is a high resolution, have you tried running at a lower one (like 1024 x 768) to see if it shows up then?

Also, what other mods do you have installed?
I cant understand it!!! my res is 1024x768 32bit the radio just dosnt have no function what so ever ,i can use the radar and hydrophone ,and they highlight when i place mouse point over them i even can use them by the buttons on the bottom menu ,but there is no buttons for the radio and no function for the radio ...

Very frustrating as i know the sounds mods are very good.

If you say that the radio has its own buttons in the menu then my game deferetly dont have them.

I have uboat missions installed would that be the cause of the disabling of the radio...
Old 05-18-08, 09:39 AM   #164
Digital_Trucker
Silent Hunter

Mike, my bad on the location of the radio button. I've changed my orders bar so many times, I'd forgotten where the radio button was originally. I had to go back to my stock install that I saved to find it again:rotfl: In the 1.4 stock version, it's on the camera tab. Don't know if that changed in 1.5 (U-Boat addon) or not. If it's not there, look around on all the tabs.

Old 05-19-08, 06:24 AM   #165
mike27466
Swabbie

Default Radio sounds working !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Trucker
Mike, my bad on the location of the radio button. I've changed my orders bar so many times, I'd forgotten where the radio button was originally. I had to go back to my stock install that I saved to find it again:rotfl: In the 1.4 stock version, it's on the camera tab. Don't know if that changed in 1.5 (U-Boat addon) or not. If it's not there, look around on all the tabs.
Thanks for that! I got the radio sounds working they sound great and I look forward to listen to those broadcasts on my missions now...

I have standard sh4 installed what would you sugest the best mods to install to bring up the best out of sh4... there are so many mods out there it makes ya head spin...
but i only want to download the ones worthwhile as i have a capped internet connection ...

thanks again cheers mike