SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-16-16, 05:28 PM   #2626
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsubron7 View Post
Before you install them if you use the JSGME, I would delete the single missions folder already in 0.29. just a thought.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsubron7 View Post
Right, when I take off my glasses and jacket I look like a naked cdrsubron7. No comments from you, pb.

Take off my jacket and glasses, and I wouldn't be able to see to be cold... where's my blanket, there sonnie?...

I've gone through the Tambor missions once, and about one third of them work. I'm going through them again, and then I'll hand what I've gotten over to cdrsubron7 for the finalizing, since if it's anything like the latest set, when I get finished, there'll be about two thirds that'll work OK, and the other third will be flakey at best, with some of them not even opening in the ME... Also, cdrsubron7 mentioning emptying the SingleMissions folder is spot-on... What we should do is delete the Campaigns, MultiMissions, SingleMissions, SinglePatrols and SubmarineSchool folders and any and all sub-folders, then bring in the "new" folders and files. This includes the GE campaign, which did work in my modded v.026 Ultimate, and should work in the "patched" v.029... maybe... I haven't tried one this time yet. But I will...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-16, 05:40 PM   #2627
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

I'll begin work this weekend on my old missions and getting them adapted to FOTRSU.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-16, 07:14 PM   #2628
bwchaney
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default nomograph

RR I reinstalled game in new separate folder and did the semicolon thing to the nomograph in the menu 1068 file. Lo and behold the dreaded nomograph is gone. Thanks for the fix. Brian
Old 11-16-16, 08:18 PM   #2629
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
What we should do is delete the Campaigns, MultiMissions, SingleMissions, SinglePatrols and SubmarineSchool folders and any and all sub-folders, then bring in the "new" folders and files. This includes the GE campaign, which did work in my modded v.026 Ultimate, and should work in the "patched" v.029... maybe... I haven't tried one this time yet. But I will...
That's exactly what we'll do, so if you'll get a Campaigns/MultiMissions/SingleMissions/Single Patrols/Submarine School mod ready we'll pop it in v0.30 after deleting those directories. You can put it in the Core Mod Some Assembly Required folder.

Now I have to figure out why my sensors fix didn't work the way I intended. I used only files in the /cfg directory. Was there something else I should also look at?
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-16, 10:21 PM   #2630
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
That's exactly what we'll do, so if you'll get a Campaigns/MultiMissions/SingleMissions/Single Patrols/Submarine School mod ready we'll pop it in v0.30 after deleting those directories...
When are wanting to be ready with the 30?

Old 11-17-16, 08:55 AM   #2631
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

S7rikeback has his cauldron all heated up. I want to wait at least 24 hours until we can test the new new sensors (loaded up a new version last night). And I have to edit the startup screen to reflect the version. Our beta testers have to sit on v0.29 enough to know how it plays and I don't think they've had enough time. I think we'll wait 24 hours, let S7rikeback run his cauldron and hold the version for a few days until we get more feedback from v0.29.

We can test v0.30 but keep in mind that feedback from 0.29 might make some changes necessary.

Last edited by Rockin Robbins; 11-17-16 at 09:21 AM.
Old 11-17-16, 09:20 AM   #2632
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwchaney View Post
RR I reinstalled game in new separate folder and did the semicolon thing to the nomograph in the menu 1068 file. Lo and behold the dreaded nomograph is gone. Thanks for the fix. Brian
Old 11-17-16, 09:33 AM   #2633
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

I'll have you guys know that while FOTRS Ultimate is going hot and heavy I haven't had any time to work with my thread on Installing Linux on Moonlight's Spare Computer. I've left everyone stranded over there without SH4 working yet! This is the first tutorial thread on Subsim that is just about 100% step by step video. My cat used it to install Ubuntu on his spare computer, so you can too.

I had this feeling I shouldn't have started that thread yet. But we had a lull in activity here and I thought I could get away with it. NOT!

I'll get back to it when we get v0.30 posted. Then we'll let it marinate as a public beta for two weeks. And I can get back to my "Let's Play" videos on setting up a computer with Ubuntu Linux and the lowdown on making Silent Hunter 4 work with Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate and multiple installations for other mods, featuring a complete step by step installation of a pristeen stock game file resource so you never have to reinstall again.

The never have to reinstall again part works exactly the same way for Windows, as does the multiple installations using MultiSH4. So some of those videos will be coming over to the main Silent Hunter 4 forum too. Eventually. The surest way to fail is to start too many projects to ensure you are too distracted to finish any of them. FOTRS Ultimate has first priority, no matter what.
Old 11-17-16, 11:14 AM   #2634
propbeanie

I should be able to have something more updated in the Campaign by this evening. We might even do some "pre-mixing" of Campaign ideas, and see if anyone notices any differences with just a couple things. We're going to try to reduce somewhat, the reliance on RGGs...

BTW definite "Thread of the Year" candidate with the Ubuntu install. Almost like having you hold a person's hand (scary thought) while you walk them through the process - all aspects of it. Good stuff, Maynard...

Last edited by propbeanie; 11-17-16 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Ubuntu
Old 11-17-16, 11:38 AM   #2635
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

A couple of things to report this morning some good some bad.

First, I was able to get some testing done with the new sensor setup and it looking good. I had no sonar contacts before the radar detection. All SD contacts working normally now.

I started a new career out of Brisbane at the beginning of '43. Picked an area to patrol NW of Rabaul. First patrol was a dud only fired two torpedoes a long range and those never hit the target. Ran in to my old friend the Akizuki last night (three of them) and guess what. TC did not go haywire and they just sailed away as I was two far away to fire any torpedoes. No crash to desktop.

Started second patrol with patrol area running west along the coast of New Guinea. Ran into something and the game CTDed. Started the second patrol again and headed back to the same spot, this time ran into a large convoy which immediately after radar contact the game again CTDed. Don't know why that would happen. After that I got involved in Horatio Hornblower.

Last edited by cdrsubron7; 11-17-16 at 12:21 PM.
Old 11-17-16, 11:51 AM   #2636
propbeanie

Does it seem to you that besides the Tokyo Harbor area, West side of Okinawa, and Luzon Straits, that the Rabaul to Guadalcanal area might be another "hot spot"? I'm looking through the Campaign files now anyway, so I'll check that time frame for what you had. Can you get more precise with the date, when you get a chance to look?

Old 11-17-16, 11:55 AM   #2637
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Quote:
Does it seem to you that besides the Tokyo Harbor area, West side of Okinawa, and Luzon Straits, that the Rabaul to Guadalcanal area might be another "hot spot"? I'm looking through the Campaign files now anyway, so I'll check that time frame for what you had. Can you get more precise with the date, when you get a chance to look?
Very well could be. Yes, I can give you more precise info, but only after I get home from work tonight.

Old 11-17-16, 12:28 PM   #2638
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

I've started previewing my old missions created under my tambor198 id. These missions were original created when SH4 v1.4 was out. Webster came along and modified them to work with v1.5. He created one for the stock game and one from the original files I used for TMO+RSRDC. I've started looking at these mission in their respective versions in the ME and have found that some won't open in the ME any more. So I'm just saying that there will be a few missions that might not make it through the conversion to FOTRSU.

Old 11-17-16, 12:40 PM   #2639
propbeanie

If you're using the batch that I went through and then posted in Area 51, I've been through them with a text editor and changed the ship calls even, to be somewhat compatible with FotRS Ultimate, and I'm guessing that there's still things left, but from a TSR and / or Objectives / Triggers / Events aspect that are hanging those up. I'll try again on some of those that won't open, after we do the beta30 version, and see if I can at least get some more to open in the ME. 'cause I remember a few of those were "killer" (literally) missions, and very cool to try. Cut my teeth on TMO with those. I've got a copy of the original v1.4 set on DVD-R somewhere around here, because that's how I did v1.4 before I finally popped for the Uboats add-on - that and Fall of the Rising Sun v1.2 & 3 and TMO 1.6 & 7... Good stuff. Yeah, good times... good times... sigh...

Old 11-17-16, 06:21 PM   #2640
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Quote:
If you're using the batch that I went through and then posted in Area 51, I've been through them with a text editor and changed the ship calls even, to be somewhat compatible with FotRS Ultimate, and I'm guessing that there's still things left, but from a TSR and / or Objectives / Triggers / Events aspect that are hanging those up. I'll try again on some of those that won't open, after we do the beta30 version, and see if I can at least get some more to open in the ME. 'cause I remember a few of those were "killer" (literally) missions, and very cool to try. Cut my teeth on TMO with those. I've got a copy of the original v1.4 set on DVD-R somewhere around here, because that's how I did v1.4 before I finally popped for the Uboats add-on - that and Fall of the Rising Sun v1.2 & 3 and TMO 1.6 & 7... Good stuff. Yeah, good times... good times... sigh...
As long as I can open the missions in the ME one or the other then that's all I need to get started.