SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-02-18, 03:00 PM   #6421
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark bonamer View Post
ok. got it.
we are off to Sink Marshalls 02...mission 166.

probably have to move west to pick up some traffic.
In other boats' lists, that and Empire Waters - Honshu are usually first... Let me know what happens then when you dock at Midway again. Maybe you'll get Honshu... ?? Thanks

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-18, 05:23 PM   #6422
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
In other boats' lists, that and Empire Waters - Honshu are usually first... Let me know what happens then when you dock at Midway again. Maybe you'll get Honshu... ?? Thanks
interim patrol report. december 23-26, 1942. south of truk lagoon.

sonar detects warships properly but the sonarman reports "no contact at nnn bearing" which is the bearing to the closest warship.

SD radar detects aircraft properly and before the watch crew can spot them.

SJ radar detects surface ships properly and just prior to the watch crew spotting them.

time compression guidelines are not followed...once i have detected ship(s) i cannot advance the TC for consistent time compression. the game always resets it to 1. not sure if this is affected by radar/sonar/watch detection or not.
-----------------------------------------------

after reload - december 26
hydrophone detects ships but sonarman no longer reports contacts during sweeps.
both radars default to focus rather than sweep. (is this normal operation?)

return to midway january 3, 1943. successful mission (3 pts). no re-assignment stateside.
next mission is Convoy College mission #94 which is also the default mission.
PlayerCurrentObjectiveCode=Marshall Islands
PlayerDefaultObjectives=ID94
PlayerCurrentObjectives=ID94
PatrolStartDateTime=1943-02-08 00:00:22

everything else seems normal.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10

Last edited by KaleunMarco; 08-02-18 at 10:02 PM.
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-18, 10:52 AM   #6423
propbeanie

OK mark bonamer, I've now completed four rounds of testing, awarding myself varying levels of renown for missions, and the earliest I can get assigned a Balao has been after coming back in from a mission on October 26th, 1942. I also had to have at least 7 patrols completed. The game sent me to Mare Island to get my boat, and I was onboard November 9th, 1942 (we used a top-secret jet to get us there), departing for the "default" mission. Upon departure, the game changed my base to Pearl. All Stock equipment on the boat did function as intended. How did you make out on your first patrol to the Marshalls / Gilberts? Did you have to move to find traffic?

Old 08-03-18, 01:02 PM   #6424
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
How did you make out on your first patrol to the Marshalls / Gilberts? Did you have to move to find traffic?

oh yes. there was nothing happening in/around The Marshalls. moved to Truk area and kicked some serious butt. we dodged some close depth bombs but came away only scared and not scarred.

what did you think of the equipment performance in my previous post? does it seem normal?

lastly, when is .71+ due out? I WANT MY BATTLE STATIONS KEY AND MY WEAPONS MANAGEMENT KEY!!!!! Please?

LAA enabled
Old 08-03-18, 01:54 PM   #6425
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0

Quote:
oh yes. there was nothing happening in/around The Marshalls. moved to Truk area and kicked some serious butt. we dodged some close depth bombs but came away only scared and not scarred.

what did you think of the equipment performance in my previous post? does it seem normal?

lastly, when is .71+ due out? I WANT MY BATTLE STATIONS KEY AND MY WEAPONS MANAGEMENT KEY!!!!! Please?

In my essentially unadulterated version of v0.71 the "B" key sends the crew to Battle Stations (it's a toggle; hit it again to secure from Battle Stations). Are you saying yours doesn't work? There is also a key for weapons management, but my old brain is not giving up that information at this time; some kind of memory malfunction.

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-18, 03:54 PM   #6426
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
In my essentially unadulterated version of v0.71 the "B" key sends the crew to Battle Stations (it's a toggle; hit it again to secure from Battle Stations). Are you saying yours doesn't work? There is also a key for weapons management, but my old brain is not giving up that information at this time; some kind of memory malfunction.
hey bait,

no offense intended but that is exactly what i am saying. neither of these key commands does anything. No op. nada. zero. dead. less action than when you ask your kids to clean their rooms. (not your kids specifically but...you know what i mean)

pb stated in an earlier post that this was a known problem and that a subsequent release would resolve it. HOWEVER, if you have a fix, please share it.

i am working off a fresh install from 1.5 cdrom. savefiles were erased also. these two commands never worked in .71Fotrsu.

i am five patrols into a 1942 US career. i was assigned a Balao in 1942 and pb asked me to pay attention to some things while i play because a Balao should not have been assigned until well into 1943.

[Cmd436]
Name=Toggle_battle_stations
Ctxt=1
Key0=0x42,,"B"
Str=2236
MnID=0x3F0C000A
-------------------
[Cmd195]
Name=Weapons_mng
Ctxt=1
Str=1033
Key0=0x52,,"I"
-------------------------
Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisoft\SH4\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v0.71_PublicBeta_E N
200 EZ Plot V2.0

LAA enabled
Old 08-03-18, 08:15 PM   #6427
propbeanie

Battle Stations should work. The shortcut for the torpedo load-out will take you to the first page in that group, which is the crew page. That's the one I was talking about. All four times I got an early Balao, all of the equipment on board fully functioned. I did not purchase upgrades, since I was testing for the known quantity of renown and did not want to possibly mess that up. My first two runs of testing resulted in me getting the boat at Pearl after seven missions, in late November. The next two, with altered conditions, resulted in getting the boat in late October, but I had to go to 'Mare' to get it, where the game won't let you leave until mid November anyway. I was then transferred back to Pearl, resulting in the same basic timeframe as the first two, of being at Pearl in a Balao. More testing coming, and the rest of the team is once again waiting on me... "Back to work! I don't wanna see nuttin but behinds and elbows, with dirt flying! Get to diggin!"...

Old 08-04-18, 06:45 AM   #6428
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
(Regarding BattleStations and Weapons Management Command Buttons).......neither of these key commands does anything. No op. nada. zero. dead. less action than when you ask your kids to clean their rooms. (not your kids specifically but...you know what i mean)

pb stated in an earlier post that this was a known problem and that a subsequent release would resolve it. HOWEVER, if you have a fix, please share it.

i am working off a fresh install from 1.5 cdrom. savefiles were erased also. these two commands never worked in .71Fotrsu.

[Cmd436]
Name=Toggle_battle_stations
Ctxt=1
Key0=0x42,,"B"
Str=2236
MnID=0x3F0C000A
-------------------
[Cmd195]
Name=Weapons_mng
Ctxt=1
Str=1033
Key0=0x52,,"I"

200 EZ Plot V2.0
I don't know where you've gotten your files, BUT, those two Command Button entries ARE NOT from Ultimate v0.71!!

Thanks for sharing, but you've got mod soup..... again!! Your problem is self inflected. You are either using a "Command.cfg" from some other mod source, or one you've changed yourself....either way it isn't Ultimate's v0.71.

Mark, we don't need "testers" who modifies (for any reason) the files we are asking feedback on.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-18, 07:24 AM   #6429
captcrane
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 184

Did not expect to run into this guy. Sank him just the same
captcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-18, 07:31 AM   #6430
captcrane
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 184

what the Frack can't post an image to save me life!!!
captcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-18, 08:00 AM   #6431
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397

Quote:
hey bait,
no offense intended but that is exactly what i am saying. neither of these key commands does anything. No op. nada. zero. dead. less action than when you ask your kids to clean their rooms. (not your kids specifically but...you know what i mean)

No offense taken, but I agree with Capn Scurvy you have a problem with your installation. The B key has always worked for me under v0.71. Don't recall ever using the I key; I'm lazy and usually use the mouse to check stores. I don't have a fix because one is not needed. Something in your system from previous installations is giving you a bad file. If it were me, I'd delete everything on my system associated with SH4 except the FOTARSU mod, do a brand new install to SH4 Version 1.5, and then apply only that mod to the clean install. To be safe, I delete the entire SH4 file from the "My Documents" folder (I have Win7 Pro). SH4 will rebuild it the first time you start a career, so no worries there.

I put my clean install of v1.5 in a stand-alone directory so that I can copy it to my game directory anytime I need a new fresh install. Before applying the FOTARSU via JSGME, you might want to check to see if the FOTARSU file properties are set to Read Only. This has caused me problems (of my own making, I'm sure) so I make sure the Read Only property is NOT checked for all files in my game directory (C:\\Games\Ubisoft\Silent_Hunter_IV). At the risk of incurring the wrath of Cap'n Scurvy, I'll admit that I have made changes to FOTARSU files to increase the maximum TC to 8192, and the numbers of allowable Petty Officers and qualified enlisted men. I also use two other mods, one to eliminate the sub marker and one that clarifies the water in the subsurface view. I've been using those since way back in the FOTARSU process with no apparent ill effects.

Maybe some of this will be of help. I hope so. It works for me.

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-18, 08:58 AM   #6432
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
I don't know where you've gotten your files, BUT, those two Command Button entries ARE NOT from Ultimate v0.71!!
Quote:

200 EZ Plot V2.0
What's in that 200 EZ Plot v2.0?

Old 08-04-18, 10:01 AM   #6433
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
What's in that 200 EZ Plot v2.0?
it returns the sub and contact directional graphics. it is advertized to be FOTSRU compliant. it is not the problem. see my response to torpedobait.

LAA enabled
Old 08-04-18, 10:17 AM   #6434
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
Maybe some of this will be of help. I hope so. It works for me.
so, during this attempt at deinstalling i actually paid attention to the process and Ubisoft did not delete all of the files and folders. so, i nuked everything after the deinstall "completed", and i use that term lightly. i manually deleted the entire SH4 folder and the SH4/Savefiles folder in MyDocuments. then i rebooted and reinstalled to a totally new folder...this time i used SilentHunter4 rather than my usual SH4...just to be doubly sure there would be no residuals.
fired up SH4 and took a career default sub right to start-patrol and the battle-stations toggle worked. so there you go.
still tying to get the Weapons_mng to work. the default key is I but the default command sequence is messed up: Systems_control;Weapons_mng. syntactally that would mean that the Weapons_mng is commented out, so if i removed the Systems_control text and the semi-colon, Weapons_mng should work, correct? Well, it does....finally.
so, as a recap, even though i was deinstalling SH4, Ubisoft was not removing all of the folders/files in the application structure so that when i reinstalled, i was re-installing over some of the previous files. well, now i know that i have to manually review the deinstall and remove the remaining folders/file.
Bait and PB, thanks for your patience.
now...back to sinking some ships. (after i mow the lawn)

LAA enabled
Old 08-04-18, 11:35 AM   #6435
propbeanie

Quote:
it returns the sub and contact directional graphics. it is advertized to be FOTSRU compliant. it is not the problem. see my response to torpedobait.
If that's the one we built for FotRSU, it should just be the dials then, being synchonized... thanks!

Glad you are up and running. The re-install is one of those things that Windows Installer does, which is what a program is built to, to have been WinXP compliant. You will find most programs do that, where you might get a message to the effect "Windows was unable to remove all components..." What they do is leave it up to the user as to whether or not to delete the residuals. When you go to re-install on top of that, the installer routine sees the files, and does not overwrite them, on the assumption that you apparently wanted to keep them, hence your issue with previous re-installs apparently... live and learn, as they say! I suppose we'll put some more on RR's shoulders to be sure and mention that in the mod's super-dooper PDF "Operations Manual" (coming soon to the mod near you!)... tic