SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-04-19, 09:30 AM   #1
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1341
Uploads: 0

Anvart
By the way, it's the umpteenth time you come back to this topic,
For example here http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=1233

We understand your point of view, you don't need to remember it us in Aeternum, I don't think anyone has called you into question / offended as you do.

Last edited by hauangua; 04-04-19 at 09:45 AM.
hauangua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-19, 08:55 AM   #2
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvart View Post
....But the most unpleasant thing is that Tycho, not understanding, not knowing my work, is misleading the readers of his stupid writings. ....
i don't believe that Tycho is stupid. On the contrary , he is one of the best around and have offered many very (and i mean VERY) usefull additions.

But the theme is that you can't talk with these rude expressions for other members in public.
Would you like it if other members start talking to you in the same style ?

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-20, 04:30 PM   #3
Bergerbcn
Swabbie

Downloads: 78

Thanks for your repplies.

There's any mod about colorless contacts showing tails?
Bergerbcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-20, 06:33 PM   #4
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergerbcn View Post
Thanks for your repplies.

There's any mod about colorless contacts showing tails?
There is this, don't know anything about it.
Old 12-29-20, 06:38 PM   #5
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Downloads: 442

This mod produces little squares in black but does not have tails, so it can be a challenge in coming up with a good heading for the contact. It is the one I use in NYGM.

Good hunting,
FUBAR295

FUBAR295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-20, 06:39 PM   #6
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUBAR295 View Post
This mod produces little squares in black but does not have tails, so it can be a challenge in coming up with a good heading for the contact. It is the one I use in NYGM.

Good hunting,
FUBAR295
Ah, thanks Bob. I'm a fan of the assisted plotting mod default system in NYGM so don't know much about others.
Old 01-01-21, 10:40 AM   #7
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Default Aircraft

Following pertain to a stock NYGM install with only the H.sie and Stiebler patched applied, various months in 1943 starting in July and later.
I've been curious about the aircraft behavior in NYGM so I've been doing some testing/observing. Interested if anyone else has seen/does see similar.
Anyone else notice the Sunderlands being completely blind and worthless ? I've had them fly within a few hundred yards of my boat and never change course or attack. Finally did get one attack, did so only with guns.
I know the aircraft in the game only use visual sighting to find a u-boat whether radar equipped or not but they were in easy visual range.

The other aircraft have no problem finding my boat but there isn't much reason to dive to evade as they couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with their bombs/charges and many times they don't drop them anyway.

I believe these are all scripted aircraft. Really like and impressed by the work Stiebler has done with aircraft in NYGM but would like to see them more of a threat/danger.

Last edited by John Pancoast; 01-24-21 at 09:55 AM.
John Pancoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-21, 12:01 PM   #8
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 441
Uploads: 2

Have you run Hebe Vollmaus's mySH3-Tool on it yet John? He did a wonderful job on some of the tests that really help planes and ships. What s7rikeback and I found in the FotRSU mod with most of the instances of airplanes not attacking, was that their "Loadout" values did not match between the eqp file and the cfg files. There were even instances of planes using non-existent "equipment". You get those to match, and presto-change-oh! you have airplanes that attack - unless, of course, they are using an invalid "Visual" node... lol - which s7rikeback and CapnScurvy also found! There are still differences in airplanes, between the various models, but most of them now function as intended...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-21, 05:45 AM   #9
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
Following pertain to a stock NYGM install with only the H.sie and Stiebler patched applied, various months in 1943 starting in July and later.
I've been curious about the aircraft behavior so I've been doing some testing/observing. Interested if anyone else has seen/does see similar.
Anyone else notice the Sunderlands being completely blind and worthless ? I've had them fly within a few hundred yards of my boat and never change course or attack. Finally did get one attack, did so only with guns.
I know the aircraft in the game only use visual sighting to find a u-boat whether radar equipped or not but they were in easy visual range.

The other aircraft have no problem finding my boat but there isn't much reason to dive to evade as they couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with their bombs/charges and many times they don't drop them anyway.

I believe these are all scripted aircraft. Really like and impressed by the work Stiebler has done with aircraft in NYGM but would like to see them more of a threat/danger.
Did a little digging and discovered this explanation for why the Biscay aircraft are blind at times. Usual SH3 limitation. Stiebler did some incredible work re Biscay air coverage. Unfortunate that SH3's limitations cause this flaw.
"2. All the aircraft (scripted or spawned from a land-base) seem to be blind to the U-boat if it is not directly in their line of vision ahead as they fly close. As mentioned previously, the spawned aircraft are given a direct line of flight to the U-boat by the code before they are visible from the U-boat. This makes them deadly. The scripted aircraft can fly in a straight line past your U-boat without seeing it, even if it is close, unless the U-boat is by chance almost directly ahead of the flight of the aircraft."
from here.
Combine this limitation with the one causing an aircraft many times to not release its bombs/depth charges on the first pass (and being wildly inaccurate when it does) and one gets an aircraft "threat" that, isn't.
Old 11-26-21, 11:14 PM   #10
CNchee
Watch

Downloads: 23
Uploads: 1

Stiebler4C_V16B1.7z

problem:
CTD (crash to desktop )when start,,,or no UI menu when enter game

Does anyone have a complete and dyed-in-the-wool solution?
PS:
no matter Stiebler4C_V16B1.7z or V16B1-Patch-Kit will lead to CTD or No Menu words.
CNchee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-21, 11:40 PM   #11
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNchee View Post
Stiebler4C_V16B1.7z

problem:
CTD (crash to desktop )when start,,,or no UI menu when enter game

Does anyone have a complete and dyed-in-the-wool solution?
PS:
no matter Stiebler4C_V16B1.7z or V16B1-Patch-Kit will lead to CTD or No Menu words.

You've installed them incorrectly and/or have conflicting mods. They work flawlessly when installed correctly.
Post your mod list.
Old 11-29-21, 08:49 AM   #12
CNchee
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
You've installed them incorrectly and/or have conflicting mods. They work flawlessly when installed correctly.
Post your mod list.
yeah,,it is a SH3 coby of other big mod.Now it is ok.I use LSH3-2020-SP to install NYGM all mods.It is correct now.
Old 11-29-21, 08:53 AM   #13
CNchee
Watch

Icon7 what happened to the deckgun

Now ,,When I create a new carreer,,the deck gun will be destroyed at the beginning,,,could some one tell me the reason and how to sovle it
Old 11-29-21, 10:05 AM   #14
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNchee View Post
yeah,,it is a SH3 coby of other big mod.Now it is ok.I use LSH3-2020-SP to install NYGM all mods.It is correct now.

You should only use the stock version of SH3 to install onto. Installing one megamod (NYGM) onto another (LSH) as you're doing will never work correctly.
Old 12-02-21, 03:13 PM   #15
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

radar

Ahoy...

Interested, in giving NYGM a go... & would.., appreciate a up to date list of just what zip files/folders for it, that I need to grab so as to ensure I have the right ones, grabbed... Thanks.

Don't need the link to where they are, just the up to date info on what zips to get ahold of...

M. M.

p.s.

With that, recommendation on a WS mod for it, that can handle 16X9 rez... as well. Thanks.

Tags
torpedos through hull