SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-27-19, 02:38 PM   #8611
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by merc4ulfate View Post
Probeanie I think The Task Force hates me. The following is beginning from a good save.

So I have forgone attacking the force with CTD issue in the Marianas instead I am sitting in the Subuya sea waiting for Karita's center force to come through.

The first try they turned around and left and I couldn't catch up and over take them due to all the planes they kept in the air.

The second try I went to the San Bernadino pass and waited for them and sank a Fuso, two Yamato, three DD and a CA. After that save however it can not be reloaded and the whole game crashes upon loading that save.

The third try I move to the far west side of the sea to try an attack there since it is narrow. I see a lot of large groups of allied planes coming and going moving from east to west then south west. Just when the TF should be showing up on radar CTD which I found weird since I have see this TF twice before but at different locations along the route.

I had no issues with IJN planes around me so I am thinking maybe this is an issue with one of the allied planes? I am going to try to rerun the last one and see if I can get any more information.
Do you remember the dates of the 2nd & then 3rd encounters? I don't remember if I mentioned it before, but I did find some "naming" convention troubles in the BattleofPhilippineSea.mis file? The file shouldn't be capable of loading in the ME and "playing" the VCR feature if there is something wrong with the file, but it did. Hence, my supposition that all was well with the file. It might be now that you have a corrupted Save file from the 1st encounter and / or the 2nd encounter. The new BattleofPhilippineSea.mis file will be different than the one in V0.90, and should (in theory) run better. We are in the process of jumping over the last few hurdles to bring out the next version.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-19, 07:40 AM   #8612
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Downloads: 210
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Do you remember the dates of the 2nd & then 3rd encounters? I don't remember if I mentioned it before, but I did find some "naming" convention troubles in the BattleofPhilippineSea.mis file? The file shouldn't be capable of loading in the ME and "playing" the VCR feature if there is something wrong with the file, but it did. Hence, my supposition that all was well with the file. It might be now that you have a corrupted Save file from the 1st encounter and / or the 2nd encounter. The new BattleofPhilippineSea.mis file will be different than the one in V0.90, and should (in theory) run better. We are in the process of jumping over the last few hurdles to bring out the next version.
Excellent. I had not read that about the file.

All dates were Oct. 24 1944 simply at different times of that date. 1st encounter maybe around 1000 if I remember correctly, 2nd around 2400 maybe on Oct. 25 near 0500 I honesty do not remember I do remember it was after sunset and very dark which makes me think more about 0500 10-25-1944.

3rd encounter I think about 0700.

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

merc4ulfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-19, 09:56 PM   #8613
propbeanie

Attention all FotRSU campers! Stay tuned to this channel for upcoming announcements and further instruction. Just remember that this next release will not be backward compatible, and you will have to have a "fresh" install and empty the Save game folder for it, just as almost all releases in the past have been like. Just the nature of the beast when there are certain changes in a mod's files. We did find issues with campaign files, ships, planes and flotilla assignments. Nothing major in any of them, but as merc4ulfate found, if you encounter two issues in one scenario, it can cause a CTD. We do hope and pray though that we aren't like Ubisoft and fixing one issue while breaking three others... - we will have more info ASAP WOF.

Old 11-04-19, 05:49 AM   #8614
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397

Quote:
Attention all FotRSU campers! Stay tuned to this channel for upcoming announcements and further instruction. Just remember that this next release will not be backward compatible, and you will have to have a "fresh" install and empty the Save game folder for it, just as almost all releases in the past have been like. Just the nature of the beast when there are certain changes in a mod's files. We did find issues with campaign files, ships, planes and flotilla assignments. Nothing major in any of them, but as merc4ulfate found, if you encounter two issues in one scenario, it can cause a CTD. We do hope and pray though that we aren't like Ubisoft and fixing one issue while breaking three others... - we will have more info ASAP WOF.
As always, any new release is eagerly anticipated! Thanks for the very hard work!

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-19, 04:55 PM   #8615
Immelmann
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 106

Quote:
Staying tuned.

Acer Predator G6-720
Intel Core i7 7th Gen 7700K (4.20 GHz)
16 GB DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8 GB GDDR5X
256 GB NVMe SSD 2 TB SATA III SSD 2 TB SATA III HDD
Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5 Pure Edition
Windows 10 Home 64-Bit, FOTRS Ultimate v0.90_RC3, LAA
Immelmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-19, 08:53 PM   #8616
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Downloads: 210

Eager to give the new one a good run.

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

merc4ulfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-19, 01:59 PM   #8617
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1108
Uploads: 10

Quote:

Old 11-05-19, 03:50 PM   #8618
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-19, 02:27 PM   #8619
Larrywb57
Tazmanian Devil

Downloads: 366

Quote:
Expecting my new rig any day. I can't wait, is it Christmas soon!
C:\...100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v.1.8
Larrywb57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-19, 10:53 AM   #8620
Front Runner
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 215

Quote:
Attention all FotRSU campers! Stay tuned to this channel for upcoming announcements and further instruction.......
Standing By.

Gone but not forgotten, RIP Dave "LeoVampire".
Front Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-19, 11:02 AM   #8621
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3215

Waiting the new iteration with some girls at the Hotel Royale in Honolulu.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-19, 11:35 AM   #8622
propbeanie

Oooohhhh... our crew will be right over! Expenses go on Lockwood's account, on account of he isn't looking right now... - We are currently working on getting some drive space for the upload, so hopefully, it will be very soon!

Old 11-07-19, 11:54 AM   #8623
captcrane
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 184

Quote:
Oooohhhh... our crew will be right over! Expenses go on Lockwood's account, on account of he isn't looking right now... - We are currently working on getting some drive space for the upload, so hopefully, it will be very soon!
Ready to Batton down the hatches! Can't wait been loving the last release. Appreciate all the hard work you guys do. It's above and beyond!

captcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-19, 09:35 PM   #8624
Skipper44
Swabbie

Downloads: 21

I'm very excited about this. I got through to 1943 in the Asiatic Fleet but I'm willing to put a pin in that save to experience the new version.

Is there a tentative changelog?
Skipper44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-19, 11:22 PM   #8625
propbeanie

An actual, well-planned and layed-out change log? No. For the most part, all but a few of the updates done to FotRSU have not been backwards compatible, and this one is no exception. Anytime you change the Flotillas.upc and PatrolObjectives, you usually are not backwards-compatible. In this case, there are also changes to the DynamicMiss.cfg, as well as quite a few files in the Campaign folder, as well as the PatrolObjectives folders. I can tell you this though, we found issues with:
  1. Some load-outs on airplanes did not function - fixed
  2. Type B, C & D IJN DE with zon file issues - fixed
  3. Several flotillas had a bad assignment in one of their boats - fixed
  4. Some of the PatrolObjectives.cfg entries had typos - fixed
  5. Some of the DynamicMiss.cfg entries were inappropriate - fixed
  6. A Battle mis file had improperly numbered entries - fixed
  7. Two PatrolObjective folders had typos in their mis and / or tsr files - fixed
  8. Edited DynmaicMiss folder tsr files messages for better clarity (at least, better to this befuddled brain)
  9. A SingleMission had a somewhat confusing Objective - clarified
  10. Several supporting Campaign mis files edited
  11. Several entries added to PatrolObjectives
  12. Several entries added to DynamicMiss.cfg
  13. Several files "standardized" for future updates / add-ons
  14. Finally got Kendras "B17s Over Europe converted for the Pacific
  15. Several optional add-in mods added to the MODS folder
  16. Expanded "help" system, with a "01_FotRSU_Support_TOC.bat" file in the game's root folder, that will start a pdf when run. The file has links to some of the other pdf files in the Support folder
There are a few others, but the grey matter is muddy right now, and cannot pull the data from the banks. I also cannot remember if we had all of the ships in v0.90, so you might notice a new IJN CA, seaplane tender, US Patrol Boat, and the like...