SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-30-11, 06:33 PM   #961
NGT
Lieutenant

Downloads: 289
Uploads: 3
StieblerSR1 Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiebler View Post
I have now placed a patch (StieblerSR1.7z) for SH3.exe, courtesy of H.sie, .........................
.................................................. .............

Feedback welcome - especially from users of GWX, which I do not test, and whose buoyancy model is different from stock SH3 and NYGM.

.................................................. ..........................

Stiebler.
With GWX the crach dive blue do not exist (any more?).

But I haven't slow sinking, at any depth, with or without silent running, at 1 or 2 knots, all test with Academy patrols.

I did some trials also:

I placed GWX submarine VIIB (with turms) inside NYGM, only the folder NSS_Uboat7b and the appropriate files from Objects:

Like that, I loose 14 meters per minute in every depth below 20 meters, with silent running or without, at 1 or 2 or 3 knots. After half crash dive or after normal dive.

What is the "target" of slow sinking in meters/minute?
NGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-11, 04:20 AM   #962
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

@LGN1:

Many thanks for this feedback - it is very useful.

H.sie - please notice!

The SH3 target for slow-sinking is around about 1 metre per 5 minutes (and that is probably too fast for real-life).

Since you are losing 14m/minute both with *and without* silent-running, it is clear that there must be a conflict between a GWX U-boat and NYGM. This is not due to my slow-sinking mod. The problem is probably due to the 'Anti-Humming Bird' mod in NYGM, which expects to find part of a XXI compartment in the type II, VII and IX U-boats. The GWX U-boat naturally lacks this.

What you need to do is to find 'SH3 Mini-Tweaker' and set the 'mass' of your U-boat to '0' in your GWX U-boat .sim file.

If Mini Tweaker is hard to find, then I could place a copy onto the NYGM web-site as a temporary measure.

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-11, 04:42 AM   #963
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783
Uploads: 0

Quote:

If Mini Tweaker is hard to find
Stiebler.
Mini Tweaker Download Link: ftp://hartmuthaas.no-ip.org/Volume_1.../TIMETRAVELLER

Best regards,
Magic
Old 01-31-11, 05:07 AM   #964
Silent Ace
Seaman

Downloads: 64

To all who are interested in this topic I recommend that you read the following book-http://hotfile.com/dl/56399975/2b721...pment.pdf.html
Will find answers to many questions and dilemmas that have been set here.
Old 01-31-11, 12:42 PM   #965
NGT
Lieutenant

Downloads: 289
Uploads: 3
With mass "0" for GWX U-Boot

Quote:
@LGN1:

Many thanks for this feedback - it is very useful.

.................................................. ..................................

What you need to do is to find 'SH3 Mini-Tweaker' and set the 'mass' of your U-boat to '0' in your GWX U-boat .sim file.

If Mini Tweaker is hard to find, then I could place a copy onto the NYGM web-site as a temporary measure.

Stiebler.
Emm....I suppose you address to me (NGT no LGN1)...

I set the mass to "0" (with S3D) and inside GWX the U-boot -VIIB- is stable like "rock", no one meter down, silent running or not. (all tests below 20 meters depth)

But with my little trial [GWX VIIB inside NYGM] the boat with mass "0" loose 27 meters per minute now, but only with 1 knot/h. By 2 k/h is stable!

Obviously, you (we) need special version for GWX, with more files that the simple patch for SH3.exe.

I don't do trial with NYGM, I suppose you do that. Personally I am interested to apply new patch to WAC too, if possible.

Best regards.
NGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-11, 03:22 PM   #966
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

@NGT:

Quote:
Emm....I suppose you address to me (NGT no LGN1).
Sorry about that, NGT. My error.

Yes, I test NYGM. It was a good idea to alter the mass in GWX VIIC with SD3Ditor, I did not think of that.

I believe that WAC's game-play is similar to stock SH3. But perhaps you know better than me.

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-11, 04:51 AM   #967
Silent Ace
Seaman

One question:
Is it possible to enable manual control of the closure of external doors torpedo tubes which, combined with manual loading torpedoes (disable Auto loading) finally enable compliance with the procedures of the torpedo tubes.
Example if you tried to manually insert a torpedo in the torpedo tube outer doors which are not closed automatically would have had flooding torpedo room.

Last edited by Silent Ace; 02-01-11 at 05:25 AM.
Silent Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-11, 02:31 PM   #968
Myxale
Admiral

Downloads: 70

It doesn't work this way!

The doors could never accidentally be opened like this. There was a mechanism that prevented the opening of both doors.

Myxale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-11, 02:49 PM   #969
Silent Ace
Seaman

One such incident occurred in 1939 on HMS Thetis.
Old 02-04-11, 05:06 PM   #970
h.sie
Admiral

Downloads: 131

(Reserved)

Last edited by h.sie; 02-04-11 at 05:43 PM.
h.sie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-11, 05:07 AM   #971
h.sie
Admiral

Downloads: 131

V15E (BETA 1) is out.

Courageous Beta Testers welcome!

What's new?

1) "Crash dive blues" bugfix (by h.sie and Stiebler)

From now on, you don't lose control over the sub anymore if you interrupt a crash dive before the sub has reached its designated crash dive depth. Especially NYGM players will benefit from this fix, since in NYGM the Crash dive blues is more noticable.

2) Fog warning (Idea: Stiebler, Programming: h.sie)

During high time compression (TC) it can happen that suddenly heavy fog occurs, but the player doesn't even notice it and so he won't be able to act according to that new situation. This fix reduces TC>16 to TC=16 whenever fog occurs in order to warn the player.

3) More realistic reload of external/internal torpedoes.

• No reload of external torpedoes possible during bad weather (=storm conditions defined in .cfg file of the sub). If bad weather suddenly occurs during external reload, the torpedo will be considered as reloaded if more than 75% of the reloading work is done, otherwise the torpedo will be put back to it's initial position, but the reloading process will be automatically restarted when bad weather ends.
  • Speed restriction to "slow" during external reload.
  • No diving possible during reload of external torpedoes, since all diving commands are simply ignored. If an enemy is sighted, the first pressing of the 'C' key (crash dive) is now interpreted by the game as "ALARM, interrupt reloading!!!". From now on, the ingame-clock begins to blink and alternatingly shows a) the remaining time in minutes during which diving still isn't possibe and b) the time of the day as usual. If this countdown reaches zero, the clock stops blinking, what signals that the sub can finally dive now. The time one has to wait until diving is possible is randomly chosen between 4 and 13 minutes.
  • No reload of internal torpedoes during storm and when surfaced. During storm one has to dive below 30m in order to reload internal torpedoes.
Comment: This solution forces the player to play realistic, instead of allowing him to play unrealistic (dive during external reload) and model some penalty like injured crew or flooded compartments. I chose this simple solution because it's much easier to program, but even this simple solution consists of 9 code patches and took about 6 weeks. I don't want to spend more time for modelling a situation that never happened during WWII, if I'm informed correctly.

SH3.exe Patch Configurator (Announcement)

Stiebler has programmed a comfortable Configurator program that allows the user to individually disable/enable the fixes for sh3.exe, for those users who want some but not all available fixes. This Configurator will be released soon.

h.sie

Last edited by h.sie; 02-05-11 at 05:22 AM.
h.sie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-11, 06:42 AM   #972
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3215

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.sie View Post
V15E (BETA 1) is out.

Courageous Beta Testers welcome!

Many thanks! Downloading and trying...

Best regards

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-11, 07:00 AM   #973
Silent Ace
Seaman

Thank you h.sie for the new version.

Last edited by Silent Ace; 02-05-11 at 10:28 AM.
Silent Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-11, 07:01 AM   #974
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Nice one mate. trying it now .
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-11, 07:59 AM   #975
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783