SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-17-17, 12:02 PM   #3871
captcrane
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 0

I always start my American careers with an S Boat in the stock(GFO) game you can have SD radar but you must purchase it with renown pts
captcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-17, 02:44 PM   #3872
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Is it just me with the orange colored sub marker on the surface when my sub is submerged? If so, how do I dispose of the marker?
Old 02-17-17, 02:55 PM   #3873
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
Is it just me with the orange colored sub marker on the surface when my sub is submerged? If so, how do I dispose of the marker?
This should work for you, AVG.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-17, 03:02 PM   #3874
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsubron7 View Post
Wonderful! Many thanks.
Old 02-17-17, 03:35 PM   #3875
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
Wonderful! Many thanks.

My pleasure, AVG.

Old 02-17-17, 04:27 PM   #3876
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by captcrane View Post
I always start my American careers with an S Boat in the stock(GFO) game you can have SD radar but you must purchase it with renown pts
Thank you captcrane... now, question is, how do ~WE~, the players, control that?...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-17, 07:00 AM   #3877
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

I forgot about this ship, I think I saw it somewhere in the Philippine sea south west of Corridor II, I didn't know the German navy had confiscated surface ships in that area. I had a debate with myself as to whether to sink it or not, it was a shame to send it to Davy Jones locker but my predator instincts kicked in and down to the seabed it was going.

Old 02-18-17, 09:40 AM   #3878
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397

Quote:
Is it for general release? I can't seem to make the link connect to anything.

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-17, 09:41 AM   #3879
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

As an update, I've corrected all "Yes Sir" phrases. There should be no more repeats in its use by any crewman.

I've been successful in controlling the SD radar. I have a way of turning it off and on during game play with the sub surfaced. This will allow a player to shut it off when approaching a friendly harbor and not drop out of Time Compression due to a report of "Aircraft Spotted" coming from radar. Your watch crew will still report what it detects ships/planes but as long as the SD unit is turned off...you'll not get a message. I've had to remove the "Raise/Lower Radar Antenna" key and task button to change it to "SD On/Off". You'll still get the function of the "Radar Depth" key to put the antenna's above water level for half submerged use. I'll need to check it with all boats, plus change the Keyboard Layout, Task Buttons, and Help file to allow for the change.

As far as the Hydrophone picking up a slow moving destroyer that's traveling below half its MaxSpeed figure.......I've not been successful. What I thought could make a difference, has washed out. A ship fitting the above criteria, within easy viewing distance, will not be picked up by the Hydrophone for sound. I'll keep trying, but I'm running out of ideas.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-17, 09:46 AM   #3880
J0313
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1789

CapnScurvy YOU DA MAN!
J0313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-17, 09:58 AM   #3881
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
I forgot about this ship, I think I saw it somewhere in the Philippine sea south west of Corridor II, I didn't know the German navy had confiscated surface ships in that area. I had a debate with myself as to whether to sink it or not, it was a shame to send it to Davy Jones locker but my predator instincts kicked in and down to the seabed it was going.

There are a number of German ships modeled in FOTRSU. This one pictured in your screenie is a German raider.

Old 02-18-17, 10:00 AM   #3882
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
Is it for general release? I can't seem to make the link connect to anything.

In the top right hand corner you'll see a white arrow pointing downward. Click on that and you'll be able to download the UmarkRemove utility.

Old 02-18-17, 01:10 PM   #3883
propbeanie

Quote:
In the top right hand corner you'll see a white arrow pointing downward. Click on that and you'll be able to download the UmarkRemove utility.
It seems there might a bit of a slowdown at the Google Drive site from my perspective too... just get a spinning wheel, waiting on Google, so the download button in the upper right never activates. I've had this before, and it's almost always a firefox thing, so try MS IE whatever (or just a different browser), and see if that works any better. It did on my Windows computer...

Old 02-18-17, 01:16 PM   #3884
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
It seems there might a bit of a slowdown at the Google Drive site from my perspective too... just get a spinning wheel, waiting on Google, so the download button in the upper right never activates. I've had this before, and it's almost always a firefox thing, so try MS IE whatever (or just a different browser), and see if that works any better. It did on my Windows computer...
When I checked on it this morning it was with MS IE so maybe that's why I found it working. I'm still at work right now.

Old 02-18-17, 01:24 PM   #3885
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
As an update, I've corrected all "Yes Sir" phrases. There should be no more repeats in its use by any crewman.

I've been successful in controlling the SD radar. I have a way of turning it off and on during game play with the sub surfaced. This will allow a player to shut it off when approaching a friendly harbor and not drop out of Time Compression due to a report of "Aircraft Spotted" coming from radar. Your watch crew will still report what it detects ships/planes but as long as the SD unit is turned off...you'll not get a message. I've had to remove the "Raise/Lower Radar Antenna" key and task button to change it to "SD On/Off". You'll still get the function of the "Radar Depth" key to put the antenna's above water level for half submerged use. I'll need to check it with all boats, plus change the Keyboard Layout, Task Buttons, and Help file to allow for the change.

As far as the Hydrophone picking up a slow moving destroyer that's traveling below half its MaxSpeed figure.......I've not been successful. What I thought could make a difference, has washed out. A ship fitting the above criteria, within easy viewing distance, will not be picked up by the Hydrophone for sound. I'll keep trying, but I'm running out of ideas.
Did the antenna make it above the surface when at periscope depth? I can't remember, and I'm not on the right computer here to go look. Either way though, this is fantastic news sir! Hopefully, it works the same in all of the boats.

As for the hydrophone, and ship's speed, the only place the ships' speeds come from is the Data / Sea / ShipName.CFG file, correct? I also assume that the speed there is also used by the campaign to control a convoy of particular ships and their top speed? It'd be nice to be able to "fake-out" the hydrophone settings with a lower speed setting for "problem" ships... Is that half-speed thing in there, just so that you don't hear a vessel that's in Pearl all the way from the Philippines? I do remember getting "Sonar Contact!" reports when we first started on this from like 30+ nautical miles, and then you'd "lose" and "gain" the reports off and on for a good while...