SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-15-14, 05:36 PM   #11101
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Working on test version 16. Adding gap's new diveplane dials also.
Great work TDW, and gap and all other's adding to this.

I am making sure no other leftover bugs come back to haunt your current version 16 work or newer.

In test version 12 there was a Page TDC update patch, I have reposted about this part below more than once and never saw a reply to this:
Quote:
this is needed to fix bug with stadimeter button in scope views: http://www.mediafire.com/?v8cjgjh2s14337j
Unzip and place in the test version's \data\Scripts\Menu folder letting it overwrite the old one
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-14, 05:44 PM   #11102
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemike47 View Post
Great work TDW, and gap and all other's adding to this.

I am making sure no other leftover bugs come back to haunt your current version 16 work or newer.

In test version 12 there was a Page TDC update patch, I have reposted about this part below more than once and never saw a reply to this:
Didn't see the need for this Page TDC update patch. That was actually something I made for those whose were using test versions < 12. I could click the stadimeter buttons as many times as I wanted to in >= 13 with no problems.

The diveplane dials are not going to make it into test version 16 as they look awful when rendered. When gap updates them I release a new test version. Finishing up test version 15 now.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-14, 06:05 PM   #11103
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
What is LatLongToSH5MetersFromGameOrigin ?
NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_ByTheDarkWraith\data\Applications Test version 14
How to use this app:
Say you want to find where you live in regards to the SH5 world. Type in the coordinates of where you live into the app and it will spit out the SH5 world's equivalent. Open up the mission editor and look down at the bottom left of the screen. Make those numbers equal the numbers the app spit out and that is where you live in the SH5 world
Old 03-15-14, 06:09 PM   #11104
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

v7.5.0 test version 15 available here: https://www.mediafire.com/?qv14z4onai73zq7

v7.5.0 - fixed bug in TDWMouse.dll that could cause python exception to be thrown
- redid destroyed marks
- made the whole left side of the NavMap features window draggable so that those users whose screen resolution is small can still view the whole window by dragging it up/down
- added a new order to the engineer's orders: electrics only. When this is clicked and enabled then propulsion will be limited to electric propulsion only (requires patch from Generic Patcher enabled for this)
- removed old sextant. Added a new sextant to the game. The sextant is used by calling up the Sextant window from the Navigator's order bar. This requires the Stadimeter being used as sextant patch to be enabled in the Generic Patcher. To use the sextant: call up Sextant window, place the scope reference line on the horizon, press the Enable sextant button in the Sextant window, press the Stadimeter button (little button above the TDC range dial), place green reference line on object wanting angle of, read out angle in the sextant window
- added two additional add-on mods: NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_gap_Sextant_Mask_Eye_Reflection and NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_gap_Sextant_Mask_No_Eye_Reflectio n. These can be used to set a mask for the Sextant (by default the sextant has no mask - just open display)
- added a new user option that controls the starting and minimum width of the messagebox. Minimum width is 180.0. Default is 315.0 (stock size). (MessageBoxMinimumWidth)
- revised Automation so that it dynamically 'loads' the commands for the script when script is played. When script is stopped the commands are 'unloaded' to free memory. This dramatically reduces the memory used with all the scripts loaded in.
- when Disable sextant is clicked in the sextant window it will also disable the sextant window now
- fixed bug of being able to close sextant window while sextant was active (if this happened then there was no way to deactivate sextant!)
- fixed bug of button for using sextant disappearing after using the sextant
- added a new icon to the engineer order category: diveplanes
- added a new orders bar: diveplanes. This has the orders for controlling the diveplanes (if the manual diveplanes patch is enabled of my Generic Patcher)
- fixed problem of depth bar not rendering if the add-on mod NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_AltAdvSpeedGraphics_by_naights was enabled
- fixed bug of after using Sextant none of the order bars would be visible and camera zoom was 'zoomed'
- fixed bug of tutorials always showing corrupt in the main menu

The diveplane dials on the diveplane order bar are not finished. They are currently just something so you all can test it out. They will allow -90 to 90 degrees deflection of the diveplanes.

I also updated all the applications in \data\Applications and added two new ones

As always let me know of any problems. If no problems are reported I'll finally make this a releasable version (after finalizing the diveplane dials)

NOTE: in order to have manual control of the diveplanes you need at least v1.0.156.0 of my Generic Patcher enabled
Old 03-15-14, 06:16 PM   #11105
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Didn't see the need for this Page TDC update patch. That was actually something I made for those whose were using test versions < 12. I could click the stadimeter buttons as many times as I wanted to in >= 13 with no problems.
Good to hear. Now I know why.
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-14, 06:26 PM   #11106
chemist92
Watch

Downloads: 283
Uploads: 0

It's possible make the diveplanes dials like compass / rudder dials? it's a suggestion or idea
chemist92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-14, 06:35 PM   #11107
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemist92 View Post
It's possible make the diveplanes dials like compass / rudder dials? it's a suggestion or idea
That's not the final design. It's just something so you all can play around with it and ensure there aren't any bugs/errors I missed
Old 03-15-14, 08:13 PM   #11108
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

I hate to be the first to report problems but I've discovered one , luckily it is avoidable...

The game will CTD if:
- we try to save/reload the game with manual plane control ON or...
- we enter hist. mission, turn man.planes contr. ON, and then try to load the same or different mission.

So, player needs to take a good care not to have manual dive planes control enabled before the game is saved or when selecting new historical mission...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-14, 08:15 PM   #11109
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

My game ctd when trying to load a save game or new career with test 15 . More info soon .
Dbgview
http://www.mediafire.com/view/es4wbe...8j8/sobers.LOG

Last edited by THE_MASK; 03-15-14 at 08:26 PM.
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-14, 08:35 PM   #11110
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
I hate to be the first to report problems but I've discovered one , luckily it is avoidable...

The game will CTD if:
- we enter hist. mission, turn man.planes contr. ON, and then try to load the same or different mission.

So, player needs to take a good care not to have manual dive planes control enabled before the game is saved or when selecting new historical mission...
On a second thought, this might not be save/reload related issue. It could be also memory (or whatever) related, pretty much the same like CTD scenario 8 from Silent CTD Hunter thread (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210153)

If I'm right I shouldn't get CTD if I save the game with planes control ON, then exit the game completely, and later load the same gamesave...I'll test that right now...
Old 03-15-14, 08:35 PM   #11111
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:

The game will CTD if:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
My game ctd when trying to load a save game or new career with test 15 . More info soon .
Dbgview
http://www.mediafire.com/view/es4wbe...8j8/sobers.LOG
When you blaze new trails you sometimes hit some bumps I was able to get my game to crash having manual diveplane control on and then quitting to main menu and loading another historic mission. Now I'll run the game in OllyDebug to see what's causing the crash...
Old 03-15-14, 08:45 PM   #11112
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
On a second thought, this might not be save/reload related issue. It could be also memory (or whatever) related, pretty much the same like CTD scenario 8 from Silent CTD Hunter thread (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210153)

If I'm right I shouldn't get CTD if I save the game with planes control ON, then exit the game completely, and later load the same gamesave...I'll test that right now...
Yep, just like I thought...No CTD if I exit the game completely!

Gamesave created with man.DP control ON will load just fine after game restart.
Old 03-15-14, 08:46 PM   #11113
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Yep, just like I thought...No CTD if I exit the game completely!

Gamesave created with man.DP control ON will load just fine after game restart.
It crashes because I forgot to test something for null pointer I have to revise the manual diveplane patch to account for this possible null pointer at game start
Old 03-15-14, 08:49 PM   #11114
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

@gap - here's what dials2 looks like in game:

Still needs work
Old 03-15-14, 08:51 PM   #11115
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
It crashes because I forgot to test something for null pointer I have to revise the manual diveplane patch to account for this possible null pointer at game start
No problems at all! This shouldn't pose a large problem in the campaign now when we know what not to do...

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui