Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-20, 02:13 PM   #9841
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

^ Ah, twitter by Any Ngo the right-wing troll.

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...antifa-877914/

"The source told the Mercury that Ngo and Patriot Prayer have an “understanding” that the group offers him protection when he covers rallies in exchange for favorable coverage."

Rapid rise and fall, for this 'journalist'.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 07-22-20, 02:49 PM   #9842
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
^ Ah, twitter by Any Ngo the right-wing troll.
Rapid rise and fall, for this 'journalist'.
i'm confused. Are you saying that because you think a journalist is a 'right wing troll' that the video he posted is fake? Did he hire those thugs to do what we see in the video?

Did you watch the posted video?

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 07-22-20, 03:23 PM   #9843
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Yes, i saw the video before, did you read the article?
Thank you so much for your neutral stance and always looking at both sides of the news.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 07-22-20, 03:37 PM   #9844
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I haven't been following the news from USA closely the last couples of days, only news from Denmark and Sweden-and they are mostly interested in Trumps doing and undoings.

Except last night where I saw about 15 minutes CNN and here I saw a text

Chicago Mayor-Don't even think about it Pres. Trump-Don't even think about sending troops to Chicago.

??? What's all this about ??

Markus
Old 07-22-20, 04:32 PM   #9845
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I haven't been following the news from USA closely the last couples of days, only news from Denmark and Sweden-and they are mostly interested in Trumps doing and undoings.

Except last night where I saw about 15 minutes CNN and here I saw a text

Chicago Mayor-Don't even think about it Pres. Trump-Don't even think about sending troops to Chicago.

??? What's all this about ??

Markus
Trump sent federal agents to Portland to handle the protests without the mayor of Portland or the governor of Oregon requesting them. Now, Trump is saying he'll send federal agents to other cities with protests as well whether the mayors of those cities want them or not.
Old 07-22-20, 04:34 PM   #9846
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Yes, i saw the video before, did you read the article?
Thank you so much for your neutral stance and always looking at both sides of the news.
Ok this is getting silly. I could care less about Andy Ngo or the Rolling Stone article about him. That is not what this is about. It is about the video and the behavior of the people in it. Let's ask some simple questions.

Do you condemn the actions of the 'peaceful protesters' in the video?

Do you think that a democratic state can survive if this kind of violent protest is tolerated?

Do you think that those who can do something about it, Mayor Ted Wheeler, but don't are derelict in their duty?

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 07-22-20, 05:06 PM   #9847
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
Trump sent federal agents to Portland to handle the protests without the mayor of Portland or the governor of Oregon requesting them. Now, Trump is saying he'll send federal agents to other cities with protests as well whether the mayors of those cities want them or not.
Thank you

A little wonder- CNN and others American news media, are criticizing Trump for his acting in this ongoing crisis in USA.

Now:
What would Obama have done-If this have happened under his Presidency ?

What would Joe Biden do if this happens under his Presidency, if he wins the Presidential election in Nov.

Even though my knowledge on American politics isn't that great, I'm pretty sure they would have done almost the same.

Markus
Old 07-22-20, 05:39 PM   #9848
skidman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 85

Quote:
What would Obama have done-If this have happened under his Presidency ?
Nobody knows.

Quote:
What would Joe Biden do if this happens under his Presidency, if he wins the Presidential election in Nov.
Nobody knows.

Quote:
Even though my knowledge on American politics isn't that great, I'm pretty sure they would have done almost the same.
I beg to differ, both have shown at least some political instinct and dignity. Trump doesn't know the meaning of dignity, has no political instinct and has just found out being the president is not as funny as he thought it would be. He'd rather be golfing.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.” (Douglas Adams)
Old 07-22-20, 05:50 PM   #9849
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:
That is incorrect, Trump sent Federal law enforcement agents to portland to provide security at federal buildings as the Portland police will not.
Old 07-22-20, 06:31 PM   #9850
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
Trump sent federal agents to Portland to handle the protests...

Not true, sorry Dowly.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online  
Old 07-22-20, 06:43 PM   #9851
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybermat47 View Post
What does wanting less dead black people have to do with communism?

It doesn't and I never said it did, but it's been widely reported that left wing groups have hijacked organizations like BLM, which was even founded by self described marxists.

Quote:
Black Lives Matter co-founder Patrisse Cullors said in a newly surfaced video from 2015 that she and her fellow organizers are “trained Marxists” – making clear their movement’s ideological foundation, according to a report.
Cullors, 36, was the protégé of Eric Mann, former agitator of the Weather Underground domestic terror organization, and spent years absorbing the Marxist-Leninist ideology that shaped her worldview, Breitbart News reported.
“The first thing, I think, is that we actually do have an ideological frame. Myself and Alicia in particular are trained organizers,” she said, referring to BLM co-founder Alicia Garza.
“We are trained Marxists. We are super-versed on, sort of, ideological theories. And I think that what we really tried to do is build a movement that could be utilized by many, many black folk,” Cullors added in the interview with Jared Ball of The Real News Network.
While promoting her book “When They Call You a Terrorist: A Black Lives Matter Memoir” in 2018, Cullors described her introduction to and support for Marxist ideology.
She described to Democracy Now! how she became a trained organizer with the Labor/Community Strategy Center, which she called her “first political home” under the mentorship of Mann, its director, Breitbart reported.
The center, which describes its philosophy as “an urban experiment,” uses grassroots organization to “focus on Black and Latino communities with deep historical ties to the long history of anti-colonial, anti-imperialist, pro-communist resistance to the US empire,” according to the outlet.
It also expresses its appreciation for the work of the US Communist Party, “especially Black communists,” as well as its support for “the great work of the Black Panther Party, the American Indian Movement, Young Lords, Brown Berets, and the great revolutionary rainbow experiments of the 1970s,” Breitbart reported.
https://nypost.com/2020/06/25/blm-co...ained-marxist/

August is online  
Old 07-22-20, 07:38 PM   #9852
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
It doesn't and I never said it did, but it's been widely reported that left wing groups have hijacked organizations like BLM,
Well, that is true. Still, if you’d ever met an American communist, you’d know that they’re hardly motivated enough to be a threat, all they do is whine about liberals and how Bernie Sanders is too much of a capitalist on reddit.

I would say that corrupt cops are a lot more of a threat seeing as they’ve actually killed people, while American commies usually get over themselves when they turn 25.
Old 07-22-20, 08:29 PM   #9853
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
....I would say that corrupt cops are a lot more of a threat seeing as they’ve actually killed people, while American commies usually get over themselves when they turn 25.
I agree that people get over themselves when they mature and need to feed themselves. Corrupt cops? I see more instances of people resisting and fighting cops to the point it escalates into deadly force than corrupt cops causing trouble in the first place just to kill someone.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 07-22-20, 08:43 PM   #9854
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Corrupt cops? I see more instances of people resisting and fighting cops to the point it escalates into deadly force than corrupt cops causing trouble in the first place just to kill someone.
Well, with cases like George Floyd, abusing hospital staff, and arresting my brother firefighters for doing their jobs, I’d say that police abuse of power is a very real issue.

Now, is this heavy-handed policing a result of resistance, or is the resistance a result of the heavy-handedness? Or is it a vicious cycle?
Old 07-22-20, 08:47 PM   #9855
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Well, that is true. Still, if you’d ever met an American communist, you’d know that they’re hardly motivated enough to be a threat, all they do is whine about liberals and how Bernie Sanders is too much of a capitalist on reddit.

I would say that corrupt cops are a lot more of a threat seeing as they’ve actually killed people, while American commies usually get over themselves when they turn 25.
So in other words the American communists are like Junior Varsity of Marxists? That's what they said about isis you know and look what happened.

Seriously the American people have become very sharply divided in the past 20 years and I believe that it's getting closer and closer to coming to a head which which if it pops will not be pretty and we as a nation may not survive it.

What I would like to see before it gets there is a way to identify and thwart foreign meddlers. People talk a lot about Russian interference in the last election but their real efforts (and those of China) are not to support one American candidate over another but rather to egg on both sides past the ability to unite on just about any subject.

Our public discourse, increasingly online, has a constant background noise bringing us down. A low grumble of hate and discontent that is being directed at and against both political sides and maybe in other areas as well. Like the disembodied voice on the edge of a crowd yelling Hit him! or the scandalous bit of gossip that suddenly everyone has heard but nobody can really say where the story came from, it negatively affects the mood and tone of the discussion and the end result is that both sides hate each other and become unwilling to compromise or work together, indeed actively work to destroy the other side completely. This cannot continue for very much longer.

August is online  
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter