SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-11-10, 06:34 AM   #676
NGT
Lieutenant

Downloads: 289
Uploads: 3
669 v. 670

I would like to say that the post 669 (Stiebler) is contradictory with 670 (h.sie)....

Any —supplementary— comment, please?

Thanks
NGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-10, 08:17 AM   #677
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.sie View Post
Question: In order to make my fixes compatibe to further windows versions (Win7 successors), I have to re-write some fixes, especially the code section responsible for the blur-effect to simulate periscopes vibrations. This only makes sense, if the majority likes this effect. If not, I can save my time.

Thanks for your answers
h.sie
Well, I like it a lot , but it's not too critical because you can enforce the '4kn rule' by yourself.

If it's not too much work I would be happy if the effect would be also present in future versions. As said previously, if people don't like it they can just leave the file out.

Cheers, LGN1
LGN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-10, 08:26 AM   #678
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
hi H.Sie ,

i , personally , don't like that effect so my vote is to not include it at your next version (or ,if possible,to be a version without it)

thank you for your efforts

bye
Yes, me too ! I don´t like the effects with the file cameraBehavior.act and I use the V15D BETA4 without the .act File !

Best regards,
Magic
Old 12-12-10, 05:29 AM   #679
h.sie
Admiral

Downloads: 131

There have been requests in the past for individually switching ON/OFF some of my Fixes. I planned to program a configurator program at the end when all fixed are done. In the meantime you have to do the changes by yourself.

1) Make backup copy of patched sh3.exe

2) Take a Hex-Editor (e.g. NEXT-Soft Hex Editor MX) and open patched sh3.exe.

3) Scroll to address 0x148F60, where the ON/OFF switches are located.

4) A switch is ON, if the value is FF, otherwise the switch is OFF.

5) If you e.g. want to disable the repair time fix, change the value of the byte marked with "A" to a value different from FF, e.g. set it to "00". Save the file. Done.

Last edited by h.sie; 12-12-10 at 05:40 AM.
h.sie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-10, 06:23 AM   #680
h.sie
Admiral

My next actions here are:

1) Repairs affect detection probability

2) Re-write some code to make it position-independent and thus compatible to further Win versions (Win7 successors).

But this will take time, since I decided to reduce my time for modding.
Old 12-12-10, 06:43 AM   #681
NGT
Lieutenant

Downloads: 289
Uploads: 3
Individual switching ON/OFF of Fixes

Just wonderful ! ! !

Thank you very much.

It makes a difference if the SH3.exe was patched with 4GB patch after your patch or not ??

Can I find the address and the switchers after applying the 4GB patch??

What are you mind exactly by "repairs affecting detection" ? You mind easier detection from destroyers hydrophone, because of more noise ?

This is not any more SH3. This is SH3 GOLD EDITION.

The gift for everyone stick in this game after almost 6 years.
NGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-10, 07:31 AM   #682
h.sie
Admiral

@NGT: Thanks, mate!!

Regarding your questions:

0) The problem with the CameraBehavior.act fix is, that it would be hard to make it compatible to Win7 successors. And so I can save my time if the mayority doesn't like that effect.

1) Stiebler found an issue with NYGM, so it's not clear if the Repair times fix works with NYGM or not.

2) Yes, switches do not change position after 4GB patch.

3) Yes, easier detection due to repair noise. Maybe I can fix it.

h.sie

Last edited by h.sie; 12-13-10 at 07:56 AM.
h.sie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-10, 08:23 AM   #683
Myxale
Admiral

Downloads: 70

Quote:
@NGT: Thanks, mate!!

3) Yes, easier detection due to repair noise. Maybe I can fix it.

h.sie
Why fix it?? Isn't that the point! Being easier to locate, cuz the damage crew is clanking with nuts and bolts!

Myxale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-10, 10:16 AM   #684
Tessa
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 22

h.sie, am really glad to see that you got this figured out; however you managed to get the CO2 under control is very cool. Once I finish my current patrol am looking forward to testing this out, you do simply brilliant work

If you want to re-open pandora's box and try working on battery acid like we talked about quite a long time ago I've got a few ideas that might be a starting point or item to use to transform into what is needed. With what you originally were planning on (sorry, kinda got out of touch for a few weeks and missed all the development), what the final product is was much more than I ever anticipated!

My install will be one of the messy ones (Win 7 x64 w/6 gb ram), if it crashes or fails does it leave anything like a core dump that you could possibly use to help troubleshooting?

Awesome job
Tessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-10, 05:23 PM   #685
h.sie
Admiral

@Myxale: I wanted to say, that currently repairs do not affect detection probability, and this issue I try to fix.

@Tessa: I fear I am too tired to touch again CO2. Even in its current state the code is very complex, so I fear to risk deeper changes. Maybe after a rest from programming.

If you had a CTD (did you?) the information given on the CTD window (module and offset) would be of interest for me in order to determine if my fixes caused the CTD, and if so, which code position is responsible

h.sie
Old 12-12-10, 07:43 PM   #686
Tessa
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 22

Quote:
@Tessa: I fear I am too tired to touch again CO2. Even in its current state the code is very complex, so I fear to risk deeper changes. Maybe after a rest from programming.

If you had a CTD (did you?) the information given on the CTD window (module and offset) would be of interest for me in order to determine if my fixes caused the CTD, and if so, which code position is responsible

h.sie
I can imagine the long sleepless nights working on the CO2; when I read the amount of detail and changes in it I was really shocked. Have been at the same point as you many times before at work, finish a large program/fix some unsolvable issue and then the last thing you want to do is ever see that item/software again for the next week or two else you go ballistic.

With the mods you were able to make, I think a very large portion can be re-used if you do ever want to try doing the battery acid mod.

Currently my boat is out on patrol so haven't been able to install it yet. You answered the questions I had though; if anything comes up I'll pm or post it for you.
Tessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-10, 03:13 AM   #687
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

Default H.sie Repair Mod and NYGM

@NGT:

I can confirm what H.sie has said.

After making my earlier post, saying that the H.sie repair mod did not conflict with NYGM, I discovered that certain types of damage caused a strange scrolling effect on the screens (key strokes F5, F3, F4).

This is undoubtedly due to Observer's damage model for NYGM, which used parts of the XXI U-boat for the compartments. However, Observer's work needed very little improvment anyway, so H.sie and I have agreed that it is not necessary to change H.sie's repair mod for NYGM.

However, NYGM users should disable the repairs mod of H.sie's V15D Beta 4 as H.sie has described above (#679). Use a hex editor to change 148F60 from FF to 00.

All the other functions of this mod V15D work excellently with NYGM. I have completed almost a complete campaign with NYGM and V15D now.

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-10, 03:30 AM   #688
h.sie
Admiral

If there is interest, I could create a special NYGM compatible patch V15D with repair fix disabled. Takes 5 minutes.
Old 12-13-10, 11:31 AM   #689
Dani
Helmsman

Downloads: 349

I'm interested for the NYGM V15D patch ....please.
Dani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-10, 01:32 PM   #690
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
I'm interested for the NYGM V15D patch ....please.
Ditto