SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-01-16, 07:52 AM   #5776
KaleuJona
Mate

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0

I read it and i am in "Happy Times", but i still didnt get the VII B
am i supposed to get it automatically at the start of "Happy Times" or at a certain score??
Help
Please Help
Please, Please Help

Last edited by KaleuJona; 05-02-16 at 11:50 AM.
KaleuJona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-16, 03:12 PM   #5777
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

@Vecko

To progress to the next campaign with the tonnage bug, is the only way to use silentotto and then rewrite your save cfg?

SH5: TWoS/OHII Singleplay Campaign Progress - Workaround

I thought I read one of your posts where the campaign will progress by date end if you are at sea?

I am just thinking if there may be another way to achieve a pass for campaign objectives other than tonnage resulting in value points being awarded passing the campaign
Old 05-18-16, 03:20 PM   #5778
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

I am sure you will come up with some way of progressing from each campaign without the tonnage bar . The only way I can go from coastal waters to happy times is by veckos fix .
Also if you start the game from Kiel and then go to Danzig will that circumvent the having to reload the campaign on campaign start . I hate it .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-16, 03:57 PM   #5779
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Yes - if this is the only way to progress, what a pain.
Old 05-18-16, 04:32 PM   #5780
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
@Vecko

To progress to the next campaign with the tonnage bug, is the only way to use silentotto and then rewrite your save cfg?

SH5: TWoS/OHII Singleplay Campaign Progress - Workaround

I thought I read one of your posts where the campaign will progress by date end if you are at sea?

I am just thinking if there may be another way to achieve a pass for campaign objectives other than tonnage resulting in value points being awarded passing the campaign
It's important to understand that tonnage bar bug is not only tonnage bug. It's inability of the game to update anything in Campaign.cfg file. This includes macro objectives statuses, objectives tonnage, and unfortunately entire campaign status as well... For people who couldn't fix their game using Mama's OSI.exe tweak this is the only way to pass from one campaign to the next one without loosing their progress.

Value points has nothing to do with actual campaign transfers, they are only there to define victory/defeat message screen in between campaigns...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-16, 05:50 AM   #5781
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Well to be fair there is value in value points as they are the system used to pass campaigns.
Value points can be awarded by more than just tonnage targets.

Campaign.cfg not updating is an issue - however there are more files than that to control your career and advancement. Are they also broken?
These files are updated at patrol end and start.

If none of these files are working due to the tonnage bug - then the game is not worth working on.

Does every one who plays this game have to to that workaround at the end of every campaign stage? If so - I cant imagine many people still running SH5
Old 05-19-16, 11:53 AM   #5782
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Campaign.cfg not updating is an issue - however there are more files than that to control your career and advancement. Are they also broken?
These files are updated at patrol end and start.
Those are CareerTrack.upc, ActiveUserPlayerUnits.upc and various log files and they works just fine, like in any other SH game. But these have nothing to do with objectives or campaign transfers...

Quote:
If none of these files are working due to the tonnage bug - then the game is not worth working on.
Does every one who plays this game have to to that workaround at the end of every campaign stage? If so - I cant imagine many people still running SH5
I cant imagine people quieting because of a reason like this one. I wonder, why peoples still mods and play SH3 and 4...
Old 05-19-16, 12:31 PM   #5783
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Does SH3 and 4 have the same issue?
Old 05-19-16, 02:13 PM   #5784
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Does SH3 and 4 have the same issue?
No, because SH developers back then didn't yet had such bright ideas like tonnage bar which can be filled with enemy, neutral or even friendly ships and "You suck if you don't sink 70.000 tons until 1939 ends" policy... This exclusive feature comes with SH5 only.

You've played SH3/4, right?
Old 05-19-16, 02:31 PM   #5785
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
No, because SH developers back then didn't yet had such bright ideas like tonnage bar which can be filled with enemy, neutral or even friendly ships and "You suck if you don't sink 70.000 tons until 1939 ends" policy... This exclusive feature comes with SH5 only.

You've played SH3/4, right?
Sorry Vecko I was getting confused

So I have been reading some of the threads related to the problem that I was interested in "the tonnage bar bug"

So far it looks like MaMa had the right fix all along and the only user who it did not work for was Peter. Peters issue could well have been the orbiter issue by using TDWs patcher. That was not cleared up in the tread.

So now to your fix. This fix as far as I can tell is to prevent the gamey jump from mid patrol to bunker or campaign screen with OHII (this is a stock campaign action, not OHII). Also for anyone who does not want to or does not work for, MaMa's fix.

There is one issue with ending campaign by date (failed) rather than by value point (passed) is that under some circumstances this date can pass and the player can get stuck with their first camapign.cfg (they will never get a boat upgrade)

So - when I was originally looking at ways to update the campaign to better fit the "no tonnage bar" improvement, I did not realise that the teleport back to base is an issue.
Old 05-19-16, 03:25 PM   #5786
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:

So far it looks like MaMa had the right fix all along and the only user who it did not work for was Peter. Peters issue could well have been the orbiter issue by using TDWs patcher. That was not cleared up in the tread.
There is a strong possibility that OSI.exe priority tweak will not always work under Windows 10, although I'm really not sure...

Quote:
So now to your fix. This fix as far as I can tell is to prevent the gamey jump from mid patrol to bunker or campaign screen with OHII (this is a stock campaign action, not OHII). Also for anyone who does not want to or does not work for, MaMa's fix.
Exactly...My workaround is just another option, a working fail-safe when all other option have failed...

Quote:
There is one issue with ending campaign by date (failed) rather than by value point (passed) is that under some circumstances this date can pass and the player can get stuck with their first camapign.cfg (they will never get a boat upgrade)
You right about this and that's why this question is especially emphasized in TWoS FAQ and Tips section...
Quote:
- How can I pass from one campaign to the next one?
- Make sure to be ON PATROL when deadline date of last objective is reached (ending date of your current campaign), preferably somewhere at open seas without AI units in your vicinity . This is important so be careful if you use mods like "Change Days in Bunker"... The end date of first "Coastal Waters" campaign is 1st June 1940. Check ending dates for other campaigns here.
- If campaign transfer still fails to initialize when you reach campaign ending date, then you may wish to use this or this method to trigger campaign transfer correctly... For this method to work, the TDW patch which disables Uplay browser should be disabled. Note that Mama's solution with TWoS is necessary only when you expecting campaign transfer, on campaign ending. Before that date, you can load your gamesaves with or without setting OSI.exe priority, there will be no significant impact on campaign progress.
- Alternatively, you can use this workaround which will work for sure even if campaign ending date is skipped for a few days ...SH5 campaign progress workaround
Quote:
So - when I was originally looking at ways to update the campaign to better fit the "no tonnage bar" improvement, I did not realise that the teleport back to base is an issue.
Not a major issue IMO, it's just that I don't like it but I can live with that...
Old 05-19-16, 04:42 PM   #5787
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Not a major issue IMO, it's just that I don't like it but I can live with that...
For sure, best to try and get rid of these things if we can

I have been reading the whole osi bug thread and wow what a lot of work by everyone. Well done all who helped

The MaMa fix (not from Judge Dredd) looks like the best way to ensure that game continues as it should.
Hiding the tonnage bar is a must and now we should look at some edits to ensure that even with a hidden tonnage working away in the background it help and open flow campaign and not hindering it.

Also with MaMas fix we can try and ensure the the campaigns end by date as I am sure you prefer. This could be done with some tweaks to how value point are passed. I hope this can also ensure no silly jump to base in mid attack, but rather a scripted end.

As for gaps idea about having some dynamic campaign factors - I feel we could look at using "unique ships" perhas some missions that open with preset paths - your av captain may or may not get this option as it could be restricted by tonnage () or value points.
Old 05-19-16, 04:42 PM   #5788
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

I have had background services as default like forever . The tonnage bar does not work . Veckos workaround works . What about for OH3 an incorporation of the vecko campaign fixes etc and some new secondary missions , different spy insertion drop zones etc .
Old 05-19-16, 04:54 PM   #5789
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Just send a request to get the MaMa fix stickied

Sorry Sober, I missed your post. have you tried both of MaMas methods?
Old 05-19-16, 05:14 PM   #5790
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
Just send a request to get the MaMa fix stickied

Sorry Sober, I missed your post. have you tried both of MaMas methods?
It does nothing .

Tags
awesome, campaign, graf zeppelin, harbour, new bases, new ships, ohii