SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-02-08, 04:37 AM   #466
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by balto63
If I want to use skin like Wolfehunter's one can I use it ?
Not without breaking some stuff. Wolfehunter apparently uses the Ubermod, so maybe he can help you.
Old 05-02-08, 04:40 AM   #467
balto63
Helmsman

Downloads: 57
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelifecrisis
Quote:
Originally Posted by balto63
If I want to use skin like Wolfehunter's one can I use it ?
Not without breaking some stuff. Wolfehunter apparently uses the Ubermod, so maybe he can help you.

Thanks a lot I'll call him for help.

Great mod thanks again
Old 05-02-08, 08:04 AM   #468
Wolfehunter
Crusty Capt.

Downloads: 40
Uploads: 25

Yes you can use it. You can't break a mod with a texture or sound addon. The only one I would be wondering about is the XXI U-2511 for GWX 2.1 It has a DAT file so I don't know if OLC has modified any XXI dat files against the vanilla GWX 2.1 dat file?

If not then you just use JSGME to overide it.

If yes then I will have to remedy this...
Old 05-02-08, 08:53 AM   #469
balto63
Helmsman

Downloads: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfehunter
Yes you can use it. You can't break a mod with a texture or sound addon. The only one I would be wondering about is the XXI U-2511 for GWX 2.1 It has a DAT file so I don't know if OLC has modified any XXI dat files against the vanilla GWX 2.1 dat file?

If not then you just use JSGME to overide it.

If yes then I will have to remedy this...
Thanks a lot Wolfehunter
The two skin I would like to use are:
VIIB U-boat U-83 Med camo
VIIC U-boat Standard Camo

TIA
Old 05-03-08, 05:01 AM   #470
Einsman
Engineer

Location: In one place in the Atlantic, say A Coruña, Galiza (Spain)
Downloads: 187

Yesterday I installed the new version 2.01

OLC GUI OLC + GUI SPECIAL OLC + GUI REALISTIC CONTACTS

When I start a campaign and choose the option of realism, I find the camera of events turned on and updating contacts on the map turned off. Is this correct? If we are looking for realism, why we activate the camera?

What objectives we are looking for with this activation?

Thank you.

Sorry. My english is bad.
Einsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-08, 06:05 AM   #471
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Hello,
if you want the sim as "real" as possible you can turn the event camera off. The event camera is not the exterior camera you get with "." or "F12".

Updating contacts should indeed be turned on for using the enhanced new realistic contact update. You will not see those contacts as long / persistent as in the original SH3 though, which is a good balance between situation awareness and decaying accuracy of positions - very good mod from OLC !

"What objectives we are looking for with this activation?"

Don't know exactly what you mean with this, but the main goal is realism. The settings in the "realism" menu are not set by the mods you installed, but by SH3 itself, so you should adjust them to your liking.
Help from weapon's officer should also be turned on, it will not affect the difficulty settings percentage - this is how it was - in fact in reality the 1. WO mostly did the targeting alone, which is not so even with help enabled, if you use the OLC GUI.

OLCE is for those phantastic graphics with better colours and a blaring sun, and much more.
The GUI mod is for realistic manual targeting, which b.t.w. should also be turned on for being able to use this mod.

Greetings,
Catfish
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-08, 07:32 AM   #472
Herr Trigger
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 191

Hi to all,
Sorry to be a pain but I have installed the amazing OLCE2 and each time I have attempted to install 'Merged Campaign' I have a CTD. In a previous post I was under the impression that Merged Campaign mod was going to be included in OLCE/OLC Special but i cannot find any reference to this point in documentation or post #1.
Any feedback would be appreciated and apologies if I have missed something.

Many Thanks,

Herr Trigger.
Herr Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-08, 10:02 AM   #473
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einsman
When I start a campaign and choose the option of realism, I find the camera of events turned on and updating contacts on the map turned off. Is this correct? If we are looking for realism, why we activate the camera?

What objectives we are looking for with this activation?
This is a non-issue; you can turn off the event camera with one click.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish
The settings in the "realism" menu are not set by the mods you installed, but by SH3 itself...
Not true, I changed it. But as you correctly pointed out, you can override it easily enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr Trigger
Hi to all,
Sorry to be a pain but I have installed the amazing OLCE2 and each time I have attempted to install 'Merged Campaign' I have a CTD. In a previous post I was under the impression that Merged Campaign mod was going to be included in OLCE/OLC Special but i cannot find any reference to this point in documentation or post #1.
Any feedback would be appreciated and apologies if I have missed something.
You did miss something. It proved to be unnecessary to include any campaign files, so they were not included (hence, no references to them in the documentation). This shouldn't cause any problems at all. I just tried starting a campaign using OLCE2 + merged campaign and it worked fine. Are you attempting to make this change mid patrol?
Old 05-03-08, 10:53 AM   #474
Herr Trigger
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 191

Originally posted by onelifecrisis:

Quote:
You did miss something. It proved to be unnecessary to include any campaign files, so they were not included (hence, no references to them in the documentation). This shouldn't cause any problems at all. I just tried starting a campaign using OLCE2 + merged campaign and it worked fine. Are you attempting to make this change mid patrol? __________________
Hmm strange, no it wasn't mid-patrol as it goes. Not to worry though there must be an issue or conflict elsewhere. Thank you for your reply sir, and well done on your achievements, excellent work.

Herr Trigger.
Herr Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-08, 01:15 PM   #475
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Default Ubermod v2.0.2 released!

Changes in this version:
  • OLC Realistic Map Contact Updates now affects the attack map in the same way as it affects the navigation map.
  • Minor updates and corrections to the Ubermod documentation.
Old 05-03-08, 02:02 PM   #476
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by java`s revenge
Olc, i do like / love your mod but i don`t like the blue water.
It`s so unrealistic. With the gwx water i often had the feeling that
i was real at sea.

If i want to have the gwx water back what do i have to do?
Open JSGME, click on the whatever parts of the OLC Ubermod you've installed, and press the button that looks like this: <
Old 05-03-08, 03:53 PM   #477
java`s revenge
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 97

No no no i want to keep your outstanding mod. Only i don`t like the waterbehaviour and colour.
Old 05-03-08, 05:09 PM   #478
Klaus_Doldinger
Planesman

Downloads: 13

Strangely enough, I find the water colour, sun light and skies more realistic, I don´t know why, since I´m daltonic, but this is the case: for me this mod is like to be in the real life concerning water, skies, sunlight and night. What a pity to lose the periscope zooms.

By the way, despite the possible risk of being more easily detected, there is a excellent home-made solution to zoom problems: raise both periscopes to get a perfect idea of range to target . Definitely I like your mod, thank you!
GWX 3.0
GWX 16 Km atmosphere
GWX no medals on crew
GWX open hatch
GWX Saint Nazaire, Schleuse and units
OLC GUI 1.2.7
Thomsen´s sound
Torpedo damage final
Rubini´s lifeboats and debris
D.i.D.
Klaus_Doldinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-08, 07:21 PM   #479
Schwuppes
中国水兵

Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelifecrisis
Quote:
Originally Posted by rascal101
Well here goes I hope I am not repeating a previous question.

I love the difference in graphic quality of this mod, but am having difficulty learning the TDC. I know there is a video tutorial but its difficult to refer to the tute when your in the game, is there an up to date, step by step walkthrough that can be printed and refered to when in game?

Failing that I found it very useful in the stock game to perform manual targetting and then check my results by asking the weapons officer, over time I got better at it and eventually wnet manual fulltime. I love the look and feel of the OLC but find it very difficult to keep track of I wonder if there is a way to do as above I learn and then test my computations bu asking the weapons officer.

I know this might horrify some realists but well I too want ot learn this thing so I can go 100%

Regards
Rascal
Rascal, there aren't any walkthroughs for OLC GUI Special, and the player-made walkthroughs for OLC GUI v1.2.3 are not correct for OLC GUI Special. Maybe you should be the first to make a new one?

Doing some training missions and checking your results with the WO is a very good idea IMO and it's actually how I learned to use the tools. To enable the WO's "solution to target" command (for training purposes only, of course ) just assign a keyboard shortcut to it.
OK just so I get this straight.... I can actually assign a keyboard command for the WO to give me a "solution to target" whilst using OLC GUI 1.2.3 and OCLE2?

If yes how can I do this?
E8400 @ 4.00Ghz standard vCore, Gigabyte P35C DS3R @ 445 Mhz, Leadtek GTX 280, 3 x 1GB Kingston DDR2 800 @ 890Mhz, 250GB +160GB HDD, Terratec DMX 6fire 24/96, Silverstone ST60F 600W, Logitech Z-5500 THX

Schwuppes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-08, 08:30 PM   #480
silentwayIII
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 166
Default OLCUbermod atmosphere

Downloaded your great mod and installed it. It will take time to learn the mechanics of maual firing, but I know it will come. One thing I noticed was that the framerate has gone down to 8-9 per seconds when using the external camera (f12) while the boat is surfaced...mis ocean. I believe this is because of the major graphics update (the environmental portion) but could it also be that your mod uses the 16km atmosphere?

I have always used the standard 8km atmoshere and my framerates have never been below 18-20 in (f12) for the most part. So what is it 16 or 8 and if its 16, is there someway to use it in the 8km world.

Thanks for the hard work on this mod.

Silentway
silentwayIII is offline   Reply With Quote