SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-16-10, 08:21 AM   #4261
ACSoft
Soundman

Downloads: 57
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abd_von_Mumit View Post
I suppose you mean me and... me as well.

Quote:
But well, if TDW left it as it is, and he's the one that knows best what can be done here and how, then I suppose it couldn't be done better, at least not for now and here.
Of course, I am sure TDW always do his best and even more sometimes !!!

In any cases, thanks to have given your feeling about that matter. I am sure it will be precious for TDW.

ACS
ACSoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-10, 10:50 AM   #4262
blakjak
Swabbie

Downloads: 77

Hi, I love this mod but I'm having a small problem with it. More than likely it's from my own stupidity.

I installed per the instructions, copying the MOD folder to my Silent Hunter 5 folder. I then installed the patch, copying the MOD folder to my Silent Hunter 5 folder. I then enabled via JSGME. At the moment it is the only MOD that is enabled and I am in port at the start of a brand new career. So brand new I needed to do the tutorial again.

The problem I'm having is the little notepad in the lower right corner does not display any text. For example, if an officer reports a nearby contact or changes course no text at all shows up there. Out of curiosity I disabled this UI and tried another one and the notepad contained text repeating what the officers said.

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
blakjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-10, 10:57 AM   #4263
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakjak View Post
I installed per the instructions, copying the MOD folder to my Silent Hunter 5 folder. I then installed the patch, copying the MOD folder to my Silent Hunter 5 folder. I then enabled via JSGME. At the moment it is the only MOD that is enabled and I am in port at the start of a brand new career. So brand new I needed to do the tutorial again.

The problem I'm having is the little notepad in the lower right corner does not display any text. For example, if an officer reports a nearby contact or changes course no text at all shows up there. Out of curiosity I disabled this UI and tried another one and the notepad contained text repeating what the officers said.

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
did this happen during the tutorial or after the tutorial?
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-10, 11:02 AM   #4264
blakjak
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
did this happen during the tutorial or after the tutorial?
It was after the tutorial. Initially I had that completed, and had just started a campaign. I had no mods as I recently purchased SH5. I installed the UI and started a new campaign. That's when I first had the problem. I was thinking maybe my original campaign was causing some sort of conflict so I deleted everything in my docs folder and started from scratch (no big loss as I've just started playing and hadn't sunk a thing yet).
Old 09-16-10, 11:16 AM   #4265
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakjak View Post
It was after the tutorial. Initially I had that completed, and had just started a campaign. I had no mods as I recently purchased SH5. I installed the UI and started a new campaign. That's when I first had the problem. I was thinking maybe my original campaign was causing some sort of conflict so I deleted everything in my docs folder and started from scratch (no big loss as I've just started playing and hadn't sunk a thing yet).
go into your career and when it's loaded save the game and exit. Restart the game and load your saved career. Does that work?
Old 09-16-10, 11:23 AM   #4266
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACSoft View Post
TDW, Like probably other "Kaleun" here around, I am not very happy to have to "sacrify" the standard Chronometer for this strange "U-Jagd chrono".

OK, I can understand you put it in, because it is a part of the famous SHIII mod from "Joegrundman", that you decided to include now in your own mod. But should we loose the standard SH5 Clock for that ? Therefore, I would like to propose to you, some other possible solutions and personnaly, I vote for any of them:

1) The luxury version would be you make the clock "switchable". By just clicking on it, we toggle between Standard and U-Jagd type.

2) You implement this U-Jagd chronograph as a separate tool and not over the SH5 Clock (like it is implemented in SHIII).

3) You do like in 2), but make it also an optional additional mod.

And you, estimated other "Kaleun" around what are-you voting for ?

ACS
adding a button to switch between the U-Jagd chrono and the regular clock would be nice but it's not possible because the dials.cfg file had to be changed to work with the u-jagd chrono. These changes can not be made via python code. Thus I'm putting together patch 3 that will make the u-jagd chrono an add-on mod for those that want it.
Old 09-16-10, 11:57 AM   #4267
blakjak
Swabbie

Quote:
go into your career and when it's loaded save the game and exit. Restart the game and load your saved career. Does that work?
That did it! Thanks so much for the help and quick response!
Old 09-16-10, 12:17 PM   #4268
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Thus I'm putting together patch 3 that will make the u-jagd chrono an add-on mod for those that want it.
This is good news, thanks
Old 09-16-10, 12:46 PM   #4269
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

patch 3 released. You can find it here and at post #1: http://www.filefront.com/17294891/Ne...-1-Patch-3.7z/

patch 3 includes all changes from previous patches along with the following changes:
- restored stock clock back and made the U-Jagd Chrono an add-on mod (NewUIs_TDC_4_3_1_U-Jagd_Chrono)
Old 09-16-10, 02:11 PM   #4270
Abd_von_Mumit
The Old Man

Downloads: 46
Uploads: 4

The subfolder names in patch 3 are the same as in 4.3.1 base, which makes it hard to install the patch via JSGME.
Links: SH5 mods I use, FileFront, Manual plotting how-to
Abd_von_Mumit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-10, 02:16 PM   #4271
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
The subfolder names in patch 3 are the same as in 4.3.1 base, which makes it hard to install the patch via JSGME.
That is correct. They are meant to overwrite the originals with the changes they contain. Disable the mod via JSGME. Copy the MODS folder from patch 3 to your \Silent Hunter 5 folder. Re-enable mod via JSGME.
Old 09-16-10, 02:32 PM   #4272
Abd_von_Mumit
The Old Man

Downloads: 46
Uploads: 4

Quote:
That is correct. They are meant to overwrite the originals with the changes they contain. Disable the mod via JSGME. Copy the MODS folder from patch 3 to your \Silent Hunter 5 folder. Re-enable mod via JSGME.
If so, then the installation instruction in readme is misleading:
To install this patch correctly do the following:
Unzip. Copy MODS folder to your \Silent Hunter 5 folder. Enable via JSGME AFTER the UIs mod (this assumes you setup JSGME to use the 'MODS' folder as default)

Either way it seems you'll need a patch to this patch.

EDIT:
After last patch: despite
PeriscopeLevelSH5Visible = False
indicator is visible in ObsScope (not in AttScope), it lacks "fully rise/lower" buttons, has the "lower/rise" though.
Links: SH5 mods I use, FileFront, Manual plotting how-to

Last edited by Abd_von_Mumit; 09-16-10 at 04:04 PM.
Abd_von_Mumit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-10, 10:34 PM   #4273
Kirby_TFS
Mate

Downloads: 79
Default Patch 3 install

If we already have a MODS folder in the main SH5 directory do we just copy the contents of the MODS folder in the patch to our other MODS folder in SH5?
Old 09-17-10, 06:05 PM   #4274
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Just thought of something i would like , could we have a teleport function to the galley/cook . I get sick of going down the ladder to ask him to cook a meal all the time . It would be easier to teleport if i want to .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-10, 04:40 AM   #4275
ACSoft
Soundman

Downloads: 57

TDW, have a look on this thread I just have created http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=175061

You might feel concerned

ACS
ACSoft is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui