SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-06-16, 10:49 AM   #4246
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCM View Post
That means I don't have to modify it in the Editor because I have this option later in the game itself? E.G. 1943?
yup u will get the snorkel later in game as upgrade for U-boat ...
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-16, 03:11 PM   #4247
palmic
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 82
Uploads: 5

I found near of Scappa flow corvetes, which generates their sound of motor and as extra- sounds of sinking ship. It seems to be valid bug.
palmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-16, 03:09 AM   #4248
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husksubsky View Post
And I miss Danzig ..I think..
Why dont you start some other campaing, like HT or WA? WA is the best campaign in SH5...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanshtain View Post
Antisubmarine network in Scapa Flow. Whether it is possible to fix it?
Yes, if you disable manually "AI units falling trough sea floor" patch wia TDW Generic Pacther...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven1976 View Post
1)When i click on chiefs engineer icon the commands increase repair rate and reduce flooding time are always greyed out.Is this a bug?

2)When i click on the snorkel icon it always says not available.Is there a special uboat on sh5 that only uses snorkel?

3)what is the difference between battle stations(watch officer icon) and f7 abilitty battle stations?
1/ Only when he's injured, chief engineer will not be able to organise and lead damage control team...Or when his moral/fatigue is low...

3/ battle stations(watch officer icon) is for gunners only, something like start/stop engagement. F7 BS command is the main command which can actually modify abilities (faster torpedo/weapons recharging, faster repairs ect, co2 build up...). Use them both...

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmic View Post
I found near of Scappa flow corvetes, which generates their sound of motor and as extra- sounds of sinking ship. It seems to be valid bug.
Maybe those corvettes are damaged in shallow waters or something...No especial fix for glitches like those...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-16, 09:07 AM   #4249
Bera
Gunner

Downloads: 103

Hi fellow skippers!

I´ve read some posts above and realized that we have a new version of TWOS, is that right?

Probably I will reinstall SH5 and TWOS, but I´d like to know: is there a way so I can back up my generic patcher and TDW interface options?

Tks!
Bera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-16, 09:57 AM   #4250
siege00
Officer

Downloads: 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bera View Post
Hi fellow skippers!

I´ve read some posts above and realized that we have a new version of TWOS, is that right?

Probably I will reinstall SH5 and TWOS, but I´d like to know: is there a way so I can back up my generic patcher and TDW interface options?

Tks!
The generic patcher comes with a profile for TWoS that you apply during the install process.

For TDW User Options, follow the instructions precisely (linked from the install post). You can back up your current option set, if you saved it during setup, and overwrite the TDW User Options file. I've noticed that if you don't save the options with the same file name from the instructions, they don't apply when you re-apply the TWoS mods. YMMV.

As always, and I say this because I failed a few steps , follow the instructions precisely and all should work well, for both installation of TWoS and TDW options.

Really enjoying TWoS!

Currently - SH5 TWoS
- SH3 GWX + MaGui and more
- SH3 LSH 2015 + Ahnenerbe's Gui
siege00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-16, 11:08 AM   #4251
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

TDW's Generic File Patcher can be installed as a stand alone application outside of SH5.
All you need is the latest TWOS snapshot gps file.

TDW's Option file Editor Viewer can also be installed as a stand alone application outside of SH5.
The existing .py file can be found here.
Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\Mods\The Wolves of Steel 1.05\data\Scripts\Menu
It is the last file in the list.
Mods should be disabled before making changes.

The advantage of these stand alone application options is they are not affected by re-installs etc., they just need their paths to be re-connected.

I have installation tutorials covering both of these applications for anyone interested.

Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-16, 12:44 PM   #4252
Warham
Helmsman

Downloads: 28

4 days i tried to find any ship. And finally luck turned to me, and I met a Polish trader. But then came the Hering vultures and stoled my prey

Warham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-16, 01:05 PM   #4253
palmic
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 82
Uploads: 5

awesome, did that Flugzeug really attacked the merchant?
palmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-16, 01:19 PM   #4254
Warham
Helmsman

Downloads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmic View Post
awesome, did that Flugzeug really attacked the merchant?
Yes. And there was 2 stukas with sirenen.
Warham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-16, 01:22 PM   #4255
vdr1981
Navy Seal

New items description should hopefully eliminate some doubts about GUI commands ...

Old 03-07-16, 01:25 PM   #4256
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bera View Post
Hi fellow skippers!

Tks!
For OFEV options you should use "Options Migrater" tool, located in the same folder as OFEV...
Old 03-07-16, 05:48 PM   #4257
Lasicowaty
Swabbie

Downloads: 9
Default can't change realism options

Hi

Please help. I have an irritaiting problem with realism settings. At main menu I chose 100% realism, but I swith on the external and event cameras (yes it is 94% realism now, but I can't do anything about it, I just love to watch my u-boot in setting sun on external camera, or see the torpedo impact on event camera). After that when I chose new campain - on the screen with campain's windows - there is difficult level setting again, but without "custom" icon. I can have low, medium, high and realistic level. What is choosen in here, that is in the game. That means no cameras

Why why why when I chose my realism settings on Main Menu, they are going to hell when I am starting new campain, where I can get only low, medium, high, realistic without any individual changes?

Anyone could help?

Thanks a lot and regards!
Lasicowaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-16, 05:55 PM   #4258
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasicowaty View Post

Why why why when I chose my realism settings on Main Menu, they are going to hell when I am starting new campain, where I can get only low, medium, high, realistic without any individual changes?

Anyone could help?

You can choose your custom settings in the bunker, Esc key=> Gameplay options...
Old 03-07-16, 05:55 PM   #4259
excel4004
Hans-Jürgen Hellriegel

Downloads: 262

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasicowaty View Post
Hi

Please help. I have an irritaiting problem with realism settings. At main menu I chose 100% realism, but I swith on the external and event cameras (yes it is 94% realism now, but I can't do anything about it, I just love to watch my u-boot in setting sun on external camera, or see the torpedo impact on event camera). After that when I chose new campain - on the screen with campain's windows - there is difficult level setting again, but without "custom" icon. I can have low, medium, high and realistic level. What is choosen in here, that is in the game. That means no cameras

Anyone could help?

Ignore the difficulty settings in the mission screen. Start your mission and when your avatar is visible at bunker then go to options and set your difficulties like you want to (like in the menu screen). Then save the game and play.

Last edited by excel4004; 03-07-16 at 06:08 PM.
excel4004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-16, 06:49 PM   #4260
Lasicowaty
Swabbie

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
You can choose your custom settings in the bunker, Esc key=> Gameplay options...
It works!!! Thanks, thanks a lot.
Lasicowaty is offline   Reply With Quote