SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-04-17, 07:11 PM   #3721
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Attention Team members!

V0.54 is up in Area 51. I trusted s7rikeback's fix fixed the Indian ship. If not I can remove the India directory. Let me know if that's necessary. I have something to do but as soon as I can v0.53 will go public beta.

And for those who would catch the errors and jeer at me (a great sport which can burn many calories!) here's the last cauldron run video!
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-17, 07:44 PM   #3722
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Very nice video while I wait for my testing download. I was expecting some voice-over commentary though... I miss that... - It looks like the correct order.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-17, 08:36 PM   #3723
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
Attention Team members!

V0.54 is up in Area 51. I trusted s7rikeback's fix fixed the Indian ship. If not I can remove the India directory. Let me know if that's necessary. I have something to do but as soon as I can v0.53 will go public beta.

And for those who would catch the errors and jeer at me (a great sport which can burn many calories!) here's the last cauldron run video!
What desktop GUI are you running?
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-17, 09:37 PM   #3724
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

He's using Ubuntu...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-17, 10:22 PM   #3725
Lt commander lare
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 781
Uploads: 35
SHO

Cant wait to bring our submarines to the Heart of the enemy great job on your hard work your all very Talented.

Lt Commander Lare
Old 02-05-17, 01:16 AM   #3726
gutted
The Old Man

Downloads: 470
Uploads: 10

Think im gonna hold off till .v54 to start playing again. Looks like alot of good improvements/fixes on the sub loadouts. Gonna play some SH3 till then.

I dont agree with hard forcing the max-TC down to 2048 by default. I don't care if it's wacky when it drops out from 8xxx.. i'm not taking that long trip from pearl/midway at 2048. Nope. Not gonna happen. You should leave it up to the player to decide what TC is appropriate for the situation.

Guess i'll just have to reset it back myself.

Solution Solver 2.3.2 - Visual Targeting Tools & Aids
gutted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-17, 05:26 AM   #3727
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

"max-TC down to 2048 by default" I'm not having that old boy, I think one of these cheek warmers is justly deserved.

Its the players choice RR and you've just gone and removed it, I never run TC above 4096 so I'm going to have to mod your mod to bring it back to what I use.
Old 02-05-17, 08:19 AM   #3728
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
What desktop GUI are you running?
Actually, saying Ubuntu isn't enough because in Ubuntu I have a choice of over a dozen GUIs. Ever use Pekwm? Or OpenBox?

But I'm using the standard Unity 7 desktop that ships default with Ubuntu. It's gone from being a terrible tragedy to a very capable and usable GUI. The only other one that comes close is KDE. KDE looks really futuristic, has a lot of very original thinking but is a resource hog. If your computer can handle it, I recommend that you try it. I keep coming back to Unity, which is amazing considering its rocky start.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-17, 08:23 AM   #3729
J0313
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1818
Default A couple of things.

I've been tinkering with FOTRSU off and on for a few weeks no and there are a few things I have noticed that haven't been brought up yet.

1. Can a full crew be added for the deck gun's like in TMO. 7 men versus just the 2 men. It is realistic and it just plain looks cool.

2. Has anyone ever noticed that sometimes when you go to the hydro view and then come out to the bridge view the engines sound like a jack hammer going full tilt. and the only way to stop it is buy ordering a speed change. It also happens sometimes when your at 256 or higher TC and go to pause.

3. And I have also noticed that sometimes when it says heavy fog and overcast but no precipitation you are still seeing the rain.

4. Can new campaign basses be added getting closer to the action as the war progresses? Mios Woendi, Guam, Sarabaya or the one up in Northern Australia ( I can't remember the name just now ).

Still the best SH4 mod out there for the US campaign.
J0313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-17, 08:36 AM   #3730
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

If you don't like the idea of cutting back the maximum Time Compression limit, you can change it. But, you're asking for trouble.

It's the same trouble a guy gets into who complains about his game not working correctly...yet he uses several mods together without a clue as to what one changes over another, or won't use a tool like LAA to fix his game when he has plenty of memory in his shiny new computer.

Go ahead, do it your way.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-17, 08:42 AM   #3731
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0313 View Post
I've been tinkering with FOTRSU off and on for a few weeks no and there are a few things I have noticed that haven't been brought up yet.

1. Can a full crew be added for the deck gun's like in TMO. 7 men versus just the 2 men. It is realistic and it just plain looks cool.
You must have missed this post a few pages back.

Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
Old 02-05-17, 09:27 AM   #3732
J0313
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1818

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
You must have missed this post a few pages back.
Sorry for that oversight. I did miss that.
J0313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-17, 09:31 AM   #3733
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark bonamer View Post
-------------------------------------------------------------
1. yes, the HUD button works for battle stations.
2. other than battle stations, forward and stern tubes toggle, everything seems to work.
3. the key assignments are from FOTRS and changes made through SHKeymapper.

oddly enough, s7rikeback asked some questions that caused me to remember something. i backed out of FOTRS, renamed the commands file, re-applied FOTRS so that the mod would use the stock commands file and now the commands work.
Look guys, when you want to start making modifications on your own.....you're on your own when things go haywire.

Here's the Keyboard Layout that FOTRS Ultimate uses.

It works as designed until you go monkeying with it.

Notice the "B" key goes to Battle Stations.
"W" key Cycles the Forward Tubes
"E" key Cycles the Aft
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark bonamer
..... those keys did not change they just wouldnt work as advertised. when i applied FOTRS with the exception of commands.cfg, B and W and E worked accordingly. so we must conclude that something in commands.cfg does agree with something else in FOTRS.

i like your mod. i just wanted certain functions to be enabled via the keyboard. if i figure out why those keys dont work, you will be the second person to know about it.
The W key cycles thorugh the Forward Tubes

The E key cycles through the Aft Tubes

The B key takes you to Battlestations.

The problem is in your computer.....mine works as expected for all subs.

Quote:
Old 02-05-17, 10:12 AM   #3734
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
Actually, saying Ubuntu isn't enough because in Ubuntu I have a choice of over a dozen GUIs. Ever use Pekwm? Or OpenBox?

But I'm using the standard Unity 7 desktop that ships default with Ubuntu. It's gone from being a terrible tragedy to a very capable and usable GUI. The only other one that comes close is KDE. KDE looks really futuristic, has a lot of very original thinking but is a resource hog. If your computer can handle it, I recommend that you try it. I keep coming back to Unity, which is amazing considering its rocky start.
Thanks! I hadn't realized Unity had gone from a steaming pile to looking good.

What are you using to run Windows programs? Wine or a virtual machine? I've never had good luck getting either option to work well with any Linux distro with a decent GUI, so i have a separate Win7 box just for gaming.

In any case, I've been watching progress on FotRSU and it in champing at the bit...
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-17, 12:06 PM   #3735
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
If you don't like the idea of cutting back the maximum Time Compression limit, you can change it. But, you're asking for trouble.

It's the same trouble a guy gets into who complains about his game not working correctly...yet he uses several mods together without a clue as to what one changes over another, or won't use a tool like LAA to fix his game when he has plenty of memory in his shiny new computer.

Go ahead, do it your way.
CapnScurvy, with all respect, why is it necessary for the mod to cut back the max TC? As long as I have applied LAA, my rig seems quite capable of not only handling 8092, but also dropping out appropriately when events occur, including aircraft sightings, etc. If I choose to increase TC via the Plus (+) key and it screws up my mission, that is on me, not on the modder. If I have a vote, I'd like to see the TC selection left strictly up to the player. Thanks for your consideration (and hard work).

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote