SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-12-13, 09:12 AM   #3451
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcb View Post
I am really shaken to hear such news, Hans, and I hope your son is well now. As a father myself, you have all my sympathy and my best wishes, for both your son and you. I hope you will give us good news about real life, here! Modding can wait, but the lives of our beloved ones cannot and they must always come first
Most definitely

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-13, 09:52 AM   #3452
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 275
Uploads: 0

Quote:
I am really shaken to hear such news, Hans, and I hope your son is well now. As a father myself, you have all my sympathy and my best wishes, for both your son and you. I hope you will give us good news about real life, here! Modding can wait, but the lives of our beloved ones cannot and they must always come first
Hear hear!

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner
Fubar2Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-13, 09:54 AM   #3453
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL!TZKR!EG View Post
What is a Grammar Nazi by the way?
It's a person who hates to see someone not write his own language properly, and feels compelled to say something about it. If he does it enough he is considered to be acting like a Nazi in trying to rigidly enforce rules of language and grammar.
Old 12-12-13, 11:01 AM   #3454
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Downloads: 123

Quote:
Hi dcb,

Thank for the kind words and i was also in shock to see that happen, i would have never expect this from a 23 year old perfectly healthy.

Many young lad are hit by this it is call myocarditis , an inflammation of the hearth from a viral source like influenza or other virus type.

Fortunately he doesn't suffer from the most severe case and he is out of trouble now and he just have to be cautious for the first month on physical effort.

Heck i had smoke for 25 years so i said to myself that this thing should have happen to me and not to my son.

If you ever see a young lad in your entourage that get fever then chest pain headache and left arm pain rush him in the ER that my advice.

regards Hans

Hans Witteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-13, 11:21 AM   #3455
dcb
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 544

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Witteman View Post
Fortunately he doesn't suffer from the most severe case and he is out of trouble now and he just have to be cautious for the first month on physical effort.
I am much relieved to hear the good news. Best of luck and a fast recovery for your son
dcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-13, 07:08 PM   #3456
desertstriker
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 998

Quote:
Ah yes. I agree. So many do not care about their own mother-language. A very common US-mistake is for instance "their/there". They just don't care...

Hmmm... But do you like being called a Grammar Nazi or do you dislike it?
I ask because:
Is the expression "Nazi" not a bad curse word?

Just curious to know.
No nazi is not a bad "curse" word. At least not to me or many people i know it might just be the way it is used or who is saying it.
desertstriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-13, 08:29 PM   #3457
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
A very common US-mistake is for instance "their/there".
And "they're".

Quote:
They just don't care...
They care enough to get angry when you point it out, but not enough to learn.

Quote:
Hmmm... But do you like being called a Grammar Nazi or do you dislike it?
I don't care one way or the other about the word itself. If people want to call me names because they can't write their own language properly, that's fine with me. Before anyone thinks I'm being too arrogant - or to serious - I also forget to check my own grammar sometimes, and when someone points it out to me I take it in stride.

Quote:
I ask because:
Is the expression "Nazi" not a bad curse word?
Not to me. If someone uses it because it impies I want to dominate the world or kill people or worship Hitler, that's simply not true, so I don't care. If, on the other hand, someone gives me that label because I try to be very strict about certain things, well, they may be right. I once had someone talk to me about the Subsim rules saying that I might be...I said "A rules nazi?" He said "Oh no, no, no, I didn't meant that!" I said "Why not? It's true." I realize that I go overboard on certain things. If the shoe fits, wear it.
Old 12-25-13, 06:01 AM   #3458
Anvart
Admiral

Downloads: 122
Uploads: 1
Headache...

Oops, it's 3463 post of empty chatter already..? This is the result of work of several years? HAHD author laughs at subsim's users? It's time to stop that demagogy? maybe...

Moses said: "Don't create yourself an idol"...
Anvart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-13, 10:14 AM   #3459
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvart View Post
Oops, it's 3463 post of empty chatter already..? This is the result of work of several years? HAHD author laughs at subsim's users? It's time to stop that demagogy? maybe...
Say what? Hans Witteman and the HAHD team have given you (and me and everyone) everything we've paid for. If you have been harmed in some way by Hans, or deprived of something of real value, please come forward and tell us how and what. If not, why are you criticizing a total stranger who has done nothing to injure you?

Quote:
This is the result of work of several years?
Yes, what about it? Have you ever, in your life, started a project and not finished it? Do you have any work, in any area of your life, just sitting there waiting to be finished - on that future day when real life relents and gives you the time? If you don't, then you are certainly better than the rest of us mortals. Good for you. But please have some tolerance for those of us who fail to live up to your standards.

Quote:
HAHD author laughs at subsim's users?
I didn't hear any laughter. Did you hear any laughter? Will you please quote the post where Hans laughs at anyone?

Quote:
It's time to stop that demagogy? maybe...
"demagogue: a leader who makes use of popular prejudices and false claims and promises in order to gain power."

Doesn't seem that definition really fits Hans. While he may have arguably made promises he couldn't keep (see above before criticizing), he has not used them to gain power or money or anything else for himself. At best, he got a few strokes from people who liked what he was trying to do and praised him for the effort. Is that what you begrudge him?

Hans Witteman had an idea that may have been bigger than he could execute. He rallied some likeminded folks to his support and they tried to make it work. For now, he has gone in a different direction - although he may return and try to finish this project. Would you prefer that he hadn't tried? Do you seek to discourage others from trying in the future, lest they also fail and receive your scorn? The easiest way to avoid failure is to never even try. I can say that I never failed to produce a megamod, but, since I've never tried, that is a sham boast. As Gretsky said: "I never scored with a shot I didn't take."
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-13, 11:38 AM   #3460
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Downloads: 123

Quote:
Hi Alex,

I always have consider you as a friend but unfortunately it seem different from your point of view.

And for the record this thread contain a lot of very useful info on modding sh3 so i think even if HAHD is on hold at the moment it still have very valuable info for modder.

regards Hans

Hans Witteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-13, 05:45 PM   #3461
Myxale
Admiral

Downloads: 70

Gentlemen, please, let there be no quarrel. What is, is.
Christmas is not the time to start fingerprinting.

Myxale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-13, 09:00 PM   #3462
J0313
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1804

Quote:
And I thought I could be a jerk. You took the cake on that one. That was truly a very insensitive thing to say especially after the problems his son is having.
J0313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-13, 10:13 AM   #3463
Anvart
Admiral

Downloads: 122
Uploads: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Witteman View Post
Hi Alex,

I always have consider you as a friend but unfortunately it seem different from your point of view.
And for the record this thread contain a lot of very useful info on modding sh3 so i think even if HAHD is on hold at the moment it still have very valuable info for modder.
regards Hans
Hi Hans.

I still consider you my friend and still respect you... including as an excellent modeller.
If one critical remark it's enough serious reason to change your attitude towards me - this is your right. My short post expressed opinion of a considerable amount of the users at sukhoi.ru and, I think, at subsim.
I (and not only I) think that you use HAHD theme for PR of your commercial project. I'm happy for you... this is a case where you can show yourself fully... but repetition of the publications with the same pictures and phrases... it's disrespectful to the readers, especially to those who have experience of SH3 modding. Some times ago I wrote that there is a trend that HAHD is going to die as a self-contained SH3 project... your recent posts are confirm this, I think.
... and I sympathize (commiserate) to you in connection with your son's health problems... but many people have the same or other problems.

P.S. Other readers, who love "munching snot" instead of constructive phrases, do not need be bothered. I will not read their writing.

Regards, Alex.

Moses said: "Don't create yourself an idol"...

Last edited by Anvart; 12-26-13 at 10:28 AM.
Anvart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-13, 10:35 AM   #3464
Ignaz Woll
Swabbie

Downloads: 81
This mod looks excellent! I can´t wait for the release! Hans Witteman, I lov you! Keep up with the gret work!
Ignaz Woll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-13, 11:58 AM   #3465
desertstriker
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 998

Quote:
Hi Hans.

I still consider you my friend and still respect you... including as an excellent modeller.
If one critical remark it's enough serious reason to change your attitude towards me - this is your right. My short post expressed opinion of a considerable amount of the users at sukhoi.ru and, I think, at subsim.
I (and not only I) think that you use HAHD theme for PR of your commercial project. I'm happy for you... this is a case where you can show yourself fully... but repetition of the publications with the same pictures and phrases... it's disrespectful to the readers, especially to those who have experience of SH3 modding. Some times ago I wrote that there is a trend that HAHD is going to die as a self-contained SH3 project... your recent posts are confirm this, I think.
... and I sympathize (commiserate) to you in connection with your son's health problems... but many people have the same or other problems.

P.S. Other readers, who love "munching snot" instead of constructive phrases, do not need be bothered. I will not read their writing.

Regards, Alex.
Anvart I think there was just a misunderstanding.
Quote:
I (and not only I) think that you use HAHD theme for PR of your commercial project.
I sevearly doubt this is the case, HAHD was a good project in theory but (coming from the guy who spent 12 hours going though for hans so he could edit the original post) game limitations from the aged SH3 game engine where bound to come up I am sure GWX and any mega mods was forced to deal with the game engine limitation.
desertstriker is offline   Reply With Quote