SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-06-16, 05:26 PM   #3016
ArditoCorsaro
Planesman

Downloads: 511
Uploads: 0

First patrol. Uss pickerel. Dec 41. Going to recon the marshall. Doing continuos trials on the way: dive,.crush dive, simulated targets etc (i m a maniac of the test. I ever train the crew. Especially to. Surface combat. Zig.zag with 10-15 degrees of angle, torpedo attacks.with the tdc, and the pos keeper, also if i.shoot without it usually, a partial o kane method, and dg attacks ofx)
Old 12-07-16, 06:18 AM   #3017
Larrywb57
Tazmanian Devil

Downloads: 369
Default Running the Museum

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
OK Larry, you computer is only a bit stronger than what I'm on here, with an E4400 at 2.0G and 2G of ram. I've got an old ATI AGP video card in mine, so that's my weak link. You've got a much stronger vid card than mine, and can probably run the game OK, correct?

The LAA won't do a thing for you, since you don't have over 3gig of ram anyway. In fact, it might cause the game to crash. Also, you'd need to have a 64-bit computer OS.

Along those same lines, the Razer Cortex might also be more of a hindrance than a help. I found that with my dual-core that it ran the museum (until v30) just fine without it, and trying it now does not help. It did take the dual-core quite a good bit of time to load the Museum before though. The difference between the v29 and v30 (and now the v40) is that there's a few more ships trying to load. We got some of them to work.

You could try to run your Museum without the Razer Cortex and see if it does run (but don't count on it). Let us know if you do try though please. Keep on "testing"...
Sorry it took me so long to get back about the subject of the running the museum. Work is getting the way. First, I removed the Razer Cortex program and defrag. Next, changed the 'Adjusted Image Settings' in the Nvidia control panel to 'quality'. Never could get the museum to run until I adjusted the 'graphic settings' under the 'Options' in the game. But it only ran without crashing on the setting of low. I will continue and report back any anomalies.
C:\...100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v.1.8
Larrywb57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-16, 07:50 AM   #3018
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Just to let people know what goes on beneath the surface at the Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate Edition mod team, many of our problems come from stock game and subsequent mod errors. Errors tend to accumulate over time, not diminish, unless someone actually does something about them. Here's a PM I received this morning from cdrsubron7
Quote:
Hi Guys

I've been working on the Mis files all afternoon and this evening correcting errors that pop up when trying to open them in the ME. There was a total of 17 mis files that combined for a total of 160 error messages. They were all type errors that were for the following ships.

1. CVS Chitose
2. CL Naka
3. CL Kuma
4. PL Conte Verde
5. NKSS_Cat
6. NSHOS

The mis files corrected are listed below. After finishing I double checked to make sure they didn't show any errors when I opened them in the ME.

1. 41a_Jap Convoys
2. 41a_Jap TroopConvoys
3. 41mergetraffic1_speed
4. 41mergetraffic1_ZZ
5. 42a_Jap_Convoys
6. 42a_Jap_Merchants
7. 42a_Jap_TroopConvoys
8. 42b_Jap_Convoys
9. 42b_Jap_Merchants
10. 42b_Jap_TroopConvoys
11. 43a_Jap_Convoys
12. 43a_Jap_Merchants
13. 43a_Jap_TroopConvoys
14. 44a_Jap_Merchants
15. 44a_Jap_TroopConvoys
16. 44b_Jap_Merchants
17. 44b Jap_TroopConvoys

I've put these files in a JSGME folder and am uploading them to our Area 51 storage area in the SAR folder.
Another day, another 160 errors gone! I had always wondered about how fragile SH4 was in error handling. Now I'm marveling how tolerant it is!

Cdrsubron7? Salute!
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-16, 07:56 AM   #3019
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

The 2 planes at Midway have been shot down, leaving port on my test mission was a breeze compared to what it has been.
The TC still drops you down to 8x speed on detecting ships but that happened less frequently than if those planes had been flying about.
If anyone would like to know which planes to remove from the US_NavalBases its these 2,
[Unit 140]
Name= _US FB P38#1

[Unit 120]
Name= _PBY5#1
I made a little mod and after copying the US_NavalBases into it I deleted [Unit 140] and [Unit 120] and they were finally gone from Midway, Moonlight is now a happy chappie.

Regarding those mis files RR, they won't cause problems if we encounter them will they? and another thing, if they do cause a crash I wouldn't be able to apply the fix as I can't access this area 51 that you are so secretive about.
Old 12-07-16, 08:08 AM   #3020
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by nionios View Post
OK,I understand.Just another step to reality...
This may help. I found the periscope works quite well in lieu of a TBT that no longer looks through the conning tower...

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-16, 08:10 AM   #3021
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
The 2 planes at Midway have been shot down, leaving port on my test mission was a breeze compared to what it has been.
The TC still drops you down to 8x speed on detecting ships but that happened less frequently than if those planes had been flying about.
If anyone would like to know which planes to remove from the US_NavalBases its these 2,
[Unit 140]
Name= _US FB P38#1

[Unit 120]
Name= _PBY5#1
I made a little mod and after copying the US_NavalBases into it I deleted [Unit 140] and [Unit 120] and they were finally gone from Midway, Moonlight is now a happy chappie.

Regarding those mis files RR, they won't cause problems if we encounter them will they? and another thing, if they do cause a crash I wouldn't be able to apply the fix as I can't access this area 51 that you are so secretive about.
So, does removing those planes also remove the floating survivor heading north just to the SSW of Midway?

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-16, 08:17 AM   #3022
Moonlight
Admiral

^I've no idea, I will know later when I begin my next mission.
Old 12-07-16, 09:30 AM   #3023
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

I'm not sure where that "survivor" comes from, but I've seen the Pearl planes crash into each other, ships and the ocean. I have no idea why a PBY on patrol would be coming in skimming the waves, much less a Lightning, but look at that video where my Porpoise boat tries to cut a PT in two, and you'll see what I mean. I'd say that if you eliminate the planes, you eliminate the crashes...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-16, 09:44 AM   #3024
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
Another day, another 160 errors gone! I had always wondered about how fragile SH4 was in error handling. Now I'm marveling how tolerant it is!

Cdrsubron7? Salute!
Amen! Things work better with a 2nd set of eyes and double-checks. This should further reduce errors.

Unfortunately Moonlight, the answer is "Yes, these bad units, if encountered, can cause trouble." Just opening the Rec Manual with them in the periscope can cause issues. Shooting at them doesn't, but if you hit them, it does. The usual result is a glitch as the computer slows down, freezes, and then usually crashes to the desktop, but not always. The odds of encountering one are low, but it is definitely frustrating, especially after a difficult approach, to have it happen. RR is working on the next revision, and we'll see about a 'Test Patch' fot what cdrsubron7 has found - maybe.

Old 12-07-16, 10:16 AM   #3025
jldjs
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default would like to try FoTRS Beta but

RR posted
The new file's name will be 105_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v0.40_PublicBeta_E N and it will replace the former version which has temporarily been removed.

But when I go to Subsim downloads I only see
100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v0.40_PublicBeta_E N

I must be missing something?
Old 12-07-16, 10:22 AM   #3026
propbeanie

It takes a bit for the file to upload and the site update itself, is all.

If you just can't wait, you can try cdrsubron7's two sets combined into

cdrsubron7sCampFixes.7z
This is NOT 'official', and will be in the next version RR is uploading.

There is no ReadMe with this, but is JSGME compatible. Click on the "No thanks. Continue to view" and then the "Download" button.

Edit: sorry jldjs, mis-read you there. It says "100..." on the link, but that should be the new file it's linked to. If not, you'll know right away if it's not because there won't be any anchors for bases. If that's the case, we can link you to a fix for that.

Last edited by propbeanie; 12-07-16 at 11:15 AM. Reason: re-do for jldjs
Old 12-07-16, 11:33 AM   #3027
nionios
Sparky

Downloads: 82
Default Reluctant agent

On my 3rd patrol(mission) on S-class boat I have to insert an agent near Manilla(January 1942).I'm very close to the beach(200yds away), surfaced-stationary but it seems that the agent has a very good time onboard because he doesn't look eager to leave the boat and complete my mission objectives.Needless to say I've tried all the possible combinations:surfaced at 2 knots,decks awash at 0 or 2 knots,periscope depth etc always close to the beach(which is very nice by the way).Of course I've completed many similar missions in the past in other mods without having to approach so much to the beach.
nionios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-16, 11:39 AM   #3028
Moonlight
Admiral

Another texture problem, this big old split merchant was seen on the 24th December 1942, this might help out the texture debuggers.

Old 12-07-16, 12:07 PM   #3029
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
Another texture problem, this big old split merchant was seen on the 24th December 1942, this might help out the texture debuggers... (pic)
Whereabouts are you there in the great Pacific? I'm more inclined to blame it on the "not 100%" campaign layers. We'll check the skinning though too, just to be sure...

Edit: I've checked the CFG files on five vessels that have "Split" in their names, and none of them have a "hole" in their dates. On Dec 24, 1942, they should have either the one that ends on 12/31, or the that began on 06/06... Into the campaign I go again, unless max-peck or s7rikeback find something...

Last edited by propbeanie; 12-07-16 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Researched.
Old 12-07-16, 12:15 PM   #3030
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nionios View Post
On my 3rd patrol(mission) on S-class boat I have to insert an agent near Manilla(January 1942).I'm very close to the beach(200yds away), surfaced-stationary but it seems that the agent has a very good time onboard because he doesn't look eager to leave the boat and complete my mission objectives.Needless to say I've tried all the possible combinations:surfaced at 2 knots,decks awash at 0 or 2 knots,periscope depth etc always close to the beach(which is very nice by the way).Of course I've completed many similar missions in the past in other mods without having to approach so much to the beach.
It used to be like within 3 nm of the mark (2?), and at a Stop, if I'm not mistaken. It would then ask if you wanted to launch your charge. If you've done that, it might be broke... I'll look at the "Insert..." missions too...

Edit: All of the Philippine Insert missions have

[MapZone 1]
Name=Insertion Spy Philippines 01_Zone1
Radius=3.000000
MaxHeight=1000.000000
MinHeight=-1000.000000
Long=14494539.000000
Lat=1723636.000000
Height=0.000000

with slightly different co-ordinates, but all four of them are set to a 3 mile Radius and fully surfaced. Now, if you come in surfaced, it used to be that you had to submerge to PD, then re-surface in order to get the "Launch" to activate. Or else, you came in submerged and then surfaced ~within~ that 3 mile radius... half of that is usually eaten up by the shorline...

Last edited by propbeanie; 12-07-16 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Researched.