SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-06-08, 11:18 AM   #16
Subject
Sparky

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Thanks for your reply!

But when I open scene.dat, I have the same issue as Vickers03.
The settings, you are referring to, are in EnvData\Properties, but data shown is Byte [4591]... can scene.dat be corrupt? Has tried a redownload, but got same result.

Re. banding issue.
Under water horizontal bands: - and here the sky in evening transition:

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-06-08, 02:52 PM   #17
3Jane
Ace of the Deep

I have been seeing this white fuzziness with v2. I can't recall having seen it before. Is this supposed to be there or do you think my game installation needs renewing. I am using the 16K GWX version 2. The rest of the mod seems to be working well, especially the new cloud textures.
Is it possible to have a version with the darker nights and the moon perhaps a quarter smaller so it looks more balanced with the size of the sun. Overall I think it all makes the game look a lot better especially when used with the water streams mod.

Fate opposes me in vitality and morality, forced ever onward, burdened, always in shackles.
So this very moment, without tarrying, pluck the quivering strings. Because fate punishes the one who plays, all lament with me.

(http://hosted.filefront.com/KatherineRowan)
3Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-08, 08:55 PM   #18
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171
Ahhhhh!

Hi all, yes there are a few problems to iron out still, in the interest of the community I am going to hand over the reins to someone else, (if I get any takers) I've done a lot of work on this and losing interest. It is always the way it goes that fixing one problem seems to introduce another, and it's getting a little frustrating now! So please refer to this thread for future developments:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=134649

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-08, 11:01 PM   #19
3Jane
Ace of the Deep

Sorry to hear that. Thanks for all the excellent work so far though. This mod has added something great to the game.

Fate opposes me in vitality and morality, forced ever onward, burdened, always in shackles.
So this very moment, without tarrying, pluck the quivering strings. Because fate punishes the one who plays, all lament with me.

Old 04-07-08, 01:28 PM   #20
Subject
Sparky

Hope I didn't cause that!

Btw. scene.dat opens just fine in MiniTweaker

Thanks again for your work, Reece. Though "complaining a lot" I do find the issues small and easily ignorable.

The game has gained a lot by your modding!
Old 04-07-08, 08:07 PM   #21
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Well I have had so many people rushing in to take over it's amazing, you only have to check out the thread!
@ Subject, no worries at all there, the problems exist I just not sure how to deal with.
@ Jane, yes somewhere in the 16k atmosphere this was introduced, it may have been the imported file from OLC's 16k scene, may have to test with older versions.

Well if I get no offers to take the job over I will take a break for a while then take another look at these 2 remaining problems in the 16k version, the problem you mentioned Jane I know well, it's one of those things that by adjusting certain settings one area looks great & another like crap & vise versa, the rows of waves in the sea is very noticeable in the 16k scene & the more I try to eliminate this effect the white blur on the horizon shows! Yes it's a little frustrating but after a rest I will have a closer look at the code.
Cheers.

Old 04-07-08, 11:17 PM   #22
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Well that was a big rest!! I think the problem is with OLC's fog, I have gone to a prior version & retweaked, rather than posting a new version I will release as a test, could you please disable the prior version & try this one:
http://files.filefront.com/SHIV+Scene+for+SH3+16k+v3brar/;10000633;/fileinfo.html
I have included a moded version of the Naval Academy for testing having partial clouds, choppy sea, time set for midday with nights that get dark, sunrise time is 0738 & sunset at 1710, if you want to try in your career it should be ok to use mid patrol.
Please report your findings.
Thanks.

Last edited by Reece; 04-13-08 at 07:22 AM.
Old 04-08-08, 12:22 AM   #23
Wolfehunter
Crusty Capt.

Downloads: 40
Uploads: 25

Can this be put ontop of OLC's mod? I will test it now if its cool.
Old 04-08-08, 12:30 AM   #24
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

It's an exact opposite to OLC's Environment mod, you would have to disable his first.

Old 04-08-08, 01:03 AM   #25
Wolfehunter
Crusty Capt.

Downloads: 40
Uploads: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece
It's an exact opposite to OLC's Environment mod, you would have to disable his first.
I done that testing now. I just wanted to be sure.

Update;

I don't see any problems? What am I suppose to find? Looks good to me. Water moves lovely and it feals alive.

Here is the test naviation tweak you made. I showing S-Boot AI's ingame.

Here is the destroyer at final way point.

So what am I looking for? I can't see anything wrong....:hmm: Wait the clouds moving too fast. Unless there is a major storm there too fast.

Looks great dude.

Last edited by Wolfehunter; 04-08-08 at 01:42 AM.
Wolfehunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-08, 03:22 AM   #26
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Thanks, I'm hoping there is nothing wrong, I'm not sure about this banding problem that Subject has been having, I may have it too but not real sure what I'm looking for, unless he is referring to the layers under the water, I certainly see nothing on the surface shot except the light fog effect, maybe cleared up in this version, will wait for his response.

Old 04-08-08, 05:23 AM   #27
3Jane
Ace of the Deep

Just downloaded the new version. I would be using the 'less reflective' verision my self, but checking through the 'more reflective' folder seems to be empty.

Old 04-08-08, 05:35 AM   #28
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

The link is in post #22

Old 04-08-08, 05:52 AM   #29
Barbac
Helmsman

Downloads: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Jane
Just downloaded the new version. I would be using the 'less reflective' verision my self, but checking through the 'more reflective' folder seems to be empty.
Hi 3Jane,

If I am right, the version 3 does not use any new "more reflective" file so just use the one or the "less reflective" if you prefer from the version 2 of the Combined SH4 Scene for SH3 version 2

Am I right Reece ?

Barbac
Barbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-08, 06:22 AM   #30
3Jane
Ace of the Deep

Gave the test version a run through, all seems to be fine. The colours, clouds etc look great. The white fuzzyness and the flickering on the horizon are gone. The sun to my mind looks a tiny bit too large once it's above the horizon, but not by much. Otherwise all seems fine. Will give it another run through later this afternoon when I have some more time.