SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-19-08, 05:38 PM   #1
scrag
Medic

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0
Default Weird simply weird

I finally engaged the Warp Drive on my Type XVIII U-Boat
http://uboat.net/types/xviii.htm

I am standing there in the control room and as the evil Klingon err British destroyer closes me for the kill I shout "NOW CHEKOV WARP FRICKEN SPEED!!!!!!ARRRRRRR!!!!!" then I stammer Werner - whatever engage the drive!" "Helm ALL HEAD FLANK AND THEN SOME - OPERATE THE NOS, RAISE THE RODS ENGAGE THE CLOAK JUST GET US THE HELL OUT OF DODGE!!!!!!!" Fun city the mysterious walther drive comes to life - it's deep throbe resonants through out the hull or it is the bad Chili I ate prior to watch and I will need to evacuate my colon but I digris off we go to the races!!! We reach 21 knots HOLY BATCAVE BATMAN!!!! then we turn and the everyone who is standing is tossed to the side "BATTLE SPEED MORE GROG FOR THE CREW!!!" First time I actually outran the Hedgehog rounds HA HA YOU BRITISH PIG-DOGS YOUR MOTHER IS A HAMSTER AND YOUR FATHER SMELT OF EDLEBERRIES!!!! I SHALL DISCHARGE THE CONTENTS OF MY NOSE IN YOUR GENERAL DIRECTION" I stammer over the UWC Phone!!!!:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Old 03-20-08, 08:51 AM   #2
wetwarev7
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 31

Hydrogen Peroxide is fun stuff. We use the diluted stuff in our medicine cabinet to help with killing bacteria on cuts and abrasions. Of course, this is somthing like 1% Hydrogen Peroxide, 99% water. It's also used by some to bleach thier hair.

When I was working in the enviromental field, we used to use a 10% solution to clean out some of the wells due to it's reaction to dirt/contamination. Even at that dilution, it was still dangerous. If you poured it onto a piece of wood, the wood would catch fire shortly. Fun stuff...

I remember one time using this stuff to clean a sample well and my coworker spilt some on his foot. I noticed his boot was smoking and pointed it out to him. He used his knife to cut the laces and flung it off his foot and by the time it hit the ground, it burst into flames.

I would imagine the stuff used in the H2O2 is close to 100%. For God's sake don't spill that stuff on the munitions, Benard!
Old 03-20-08, 11:48 AM   #3
Lead Slinger

Downloads: 74

And no one has even touched the fact that the lastest and greatest use of peroxide is improvised explosives. 9 out of 10 suicide bombers will agree.....

1480 is offline   Reply With Quote