SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-28-07, 03:43 AM   #31
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquareSteelBar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JScones
Released...

D/l via my website or via JSGME's "Updates" feature.
Many THX for this new release.
I nearly failed to notice it because I haven't been online since some days. What a catastrophe that would have been...

SSB
Yes, perhaps the mods can rename both threads (ie this one and the one in SH4 Workshop) to "New JSGME v1.6 released" or similar. Either that or I can start a new thread, which now seems the norm.
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-07, 08:36 PM   #32
Ping Jockey
Medic

Downloads: 294

Thanks for your work on this as always
Old 05-29-07, 11:28 PM   #33
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Thanks Jaesen!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-07, 12:51 AM   #34
SquareSteelBar
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618
Hi Jaesen,

I'm missing this little feature of former versions which shows the icons of the associated progs:

I know - it's not that important but I liked it.

SSB
SquareSteelBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-07, 03:10 AM   #35
JScones
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquareSteelBar
Hi Jaesen,

I'm missing this little feature of former versions which shows the icons of the associated progs:

I know - it's not that important but I liked it.

SSB
Shhh. Don't tell anyone.

Actually I lost the code and was too lazy to re-write it. But it will only be noticed if someone points it out.
Old 06-02-07, 02:16 AM   #36
JScones
Navy Seal

Guys, I've uploaded v1.6.1. This minor update now correctly returns removed files where the game has recreated them after removal. More an issue for CFS3 or other games that recreate removed files.

SH3/SH4 users won't notice a difference between 1.6.0 and 1.6.1, but if you use JSGME with other games, I'd recommend getting it.

Simply install over your current 1.6.0. No need to disable any mods UNLESS you are running a version prior to 1.6.0.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
Old 06-07-07, 07:32 PM   #37
JScones
Navy Seal

Thanks to FritzHeinz, a Netherlands JSGME language pack is now available via my website (Products page).
Old 06-08-07, 05:20 AM   #38
MarkShot
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 93

I have 5 installs of SH3.

Each install has its own JSGME ranging from version 1.4.1.50 to version 1.5.0.60. Can I upgrade to version 1.6.1 by simply installing to my existing MOD directories or will I need to rollback my SH3 Commander changes, backout my mods, create a clean MOD directory, repopulated the MOD directory with my mods, and then finally reapply my desired mods?

Thanks.
Old 06-08-07, 05:22 AM   #39
JScones
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkShot
I have 5 installs of SH3.

Each install has its own JSGME ranging from version 1.4.1.50 to version 1.5.0.60. Can I upgrade to version 1.6.1 by simply installing to my existing MOD directories or will I need to rollback my SH3 Commander changes, backout my mods, create a clean MOD directory, repopulated the MOD directory with my mods, and then finally reapply my desired mods?

Thanks.
For each installation:

1. rollback SH3Cmdr
2. disable all mods
3. install latest JSGME
4. enable mods again
Old 06-08-07, 03:24 PM   #40
Dutchtub
Watch

Downloads: 2

Quote:
Thanks to FritzHeinz, a Netherlands JSGME language pack is now available via my website (Products page).
Mijn hartelijke dank (dutch)
Dutchtub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-07, 10:58 PM   #41
JScones
Navy Seal

I have to ask - I've had a prototype v2 under development for about 18 months now (maybe longer). It works exactly the same, with the exception that you install it into *one* central location and enter the paths to your games via the JSGME interface.

So all your mods for all your games are stored centrally under one copy of JSGME. All you do is select the game you want to mod and JSGME will take care of the rest.

Is anyone interested in this approach, or is everyone happy with the current approach of one copy of JSGME per game?
Old 06-09-07, 12:58 AM   #42
MarkShot
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 93

Although as a systems person I can appreciate the logic and elegance of a single consolidated mod manager, from a file management perspective for my games, I prefer everything essential for game play to the greatest extent possible simply to reside under a single game directory tree.
Old 06-09-07, 03:14 AM   #43
melnibonian
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 90

Quote:
I have to ask - I've had a prototype v2 under development for about 18 months now (maybe longer). It works exactly the same, with the exception that you install it into *one* central location and enter the paths to your games via the JSGME interface.

So all your mods for all your games are stored centrally under one copy of JSGME. All you do is select the game you want to mod and JSGME will take care of the rest.

Is anyone interested in this approach, or is everyone happy with the current approach of one copy of JSGME per game?
As I said in the SH4 forum I'm happy to try the "Centralised" JSGME approach. I think it's a very clever idea
melnibonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-07, 08:01 AM   #44
Von Manteuffel
Commander

Downloads: 411

Quote:

Hi, Jaesen. Brilliant and elegant as ever, but how would such a central "store" of mods differentiate between those which were compatible, or non-compatible for different super-mods ( e.g. GWX, GWX1.04, WAC, NYGM etc.)? :hmm:

I have 5 separate versions of SH3 installed - one standard/vanilla and the other 4 each with a different "super-mod" - plus SH4. Each has it's own separate installation of JSGME. There is some duplication of mods among the versions of SH3 which would make a central reservoir of mods the more efficient and smallest option ( in terms of disk space ) but there are also mods within each JSGME specific to that particular "super-mod" I have to say that I find JSGME so good and simple to use that this arrangement offers no inconvenience whatsoever; and mod files ( apart from super-mods and, perhaps, large sound/music files ) tend to be of a size which doesn't make a dent in the HD capacity of many modern systems.
That said, a hugely interesting concept, if it can be constructed to prevent players from installing non-compatible mods. But, of course, knowing the quality of your work you've probably included that already and selecting a game to be modded automatically brings up only a list of mods from the central "store" which are compatible with that particular game.

I'd be really interested to see this new version in action.

Last edited by Von Manteuffel; 06-09-07 at 08:24 AM.
Von Manteuffel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-07, 11:18 AM   #45
CapZap1970
Sea Lord

Downloads: 259
Uploads: 51

It would be very nice to be able to manage all the mods from a central JSGME.
would make it much easier for people with more than 1 moddable game or multiple SH3 installations.
CapZap