Closed Thread

Old 11-01-16, 03:04 PM   #3511
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
After again been reading a post where someone was angry about the Voting machine had changed this person vote

I started to wonder-do these voting machine only change it from Trump to Clinton or does it also change to voting the other way around ?

Markus

The touch machines that are not calibrated will sometimes select the next option either above or below where the voter's finger is touching. It is the same problem that often happens with ATMs and automated gas pumps.

Still no excuse for calibration not to be checked. But that's why before confirming the ballot, it is important for the voter to check the summary display before hitting the confirmation button.

Just one more reason I am glad we dumped the touch screen machines. Never liked them.
Old 11-01-16, 04:08 PM   #3512
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

so.....I'm sure everyone has seen the latest conspiracy theory, that the Trump campaign has been secretly communicating with the Russian Alfa Bank, apparently a secret back channel between Putin and his "mole" Donald Trump.

Some actual real journalists have looked into it and found IT'S TRUE.

Trump's servers are sending info to Alfa Bank...

here it is.....

https://theintercept.com/2016/11/01/...-email-server/

when will this election be over...
Old 11-01-16, 06:48 PM   #3513
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
After again been reading a post where someone was angry about the Voting machine had changed this person vote

I started to wonder-do these voting machine only change it from Trump to Clinton or does it also change to voting the other way around ?

Markus
I guess we won't know until an actual living person votes for Hillary on purpose.

Last edited by em2nought; 11-01-16 at 06:49 PM. Reason: add "on purpose"
Old 11-01-16, 07:51 PM   #3514
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

I might but I'll choke on it. I just can't bring myself to vote for such a horses a$$ as Trump. All hat and no cattle.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 11-01-16, 08:12 PM   #3515
August
Wayfaring Stranger

You can always vote for the Pot Head like i'm doing.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 11-01-16, 08:42 PM   #3516
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

I'm with August on this one, if you can't stand to vote for Trump or Hillary, rather than vote against either one, vote for a third party, Johnson, Stein, or even McMullin if you're able to, I hear that he's an up and coming figure...could be going places. The two party system could do with being broken up a bit.
Old 11-02-16, 08:56 AM   #3517
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
You can always vote for the Pot Head like i'm doing.
The exact reason I would not vote for this guy. Spend my time advising my kids not to do drugs but vote for a person who grows it.
Old 11-02-16, 09:05 AM   #3518
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

I voted last night. Long line. Hour wait. Paper ballot that once completed was fed into a machine. For all I know it ended up in a shredder. I was given a, "I Voted" sticker. Shuffled out of the door.

Concerning the no ID required. I don't like it at all. Anyone can state my name and address to the voting official. I stated my name and address. A paper was spit out of the computer and I was to confirm my information as correct and told to sign. Then off to the ballots. It is very much possible for someone to take your vote. Now, the data base I assume(and hope) is taken from REGISTERED voters. If the data base is simply from a name associated with an address then non-citizens can vote.

I have not used a paper ballot in some time. Felt like the SAT where one fills in the dot with a #2 pencil. However, this ballot a pen used so it can not be erased.
Old 11-02-16, 10:33 AM   #3519
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
The exact reason I would not vote for this guy. Spend my time advising my kids not to do drugs but vote for a person who grows it.

So I'm guessing you'd never vote for a guy who drank alcohol or smoked tobacco either right? I mean of the three the illegal (for now) one is the least harmful.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 11-02-16, 12:01 PM   #3520
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
So I'm guessing you'd never vote for a guy who drank alcohol or smoked tobacco either right? I mean of the three the illegal (for now) one is the least harmful.
Alcohol and tobacco are not illegal. All three are harmful in their own way. "I tried it but did not inhale." Bill Clinton.

Last edited by AVGWarhawk; 11-02-16 at 12:10 PM.
Old 11-02-16, 01:43 PM   #3521
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

It seems that the pendulum indeed swings in Trumps favour again? If you consider the way this campaign has gone and what things and stories and factors got focussed on and projected influence, it all is indeed the best argument against holding general elections.

We have a comparable debate over here in Germany currently, on the usefulness of public referendums and whether they indeed get decided by views on and opinions about the issue the individual referendum is about.

Why not making Kermit the next POTUS? He is hilarious, but so are Clinton and Trump, but different to them, he is not intentionally malicious and foul-playing. A truly green president, an American precedence for the world. Who knows, maybe other countries will follow. Blue Ernie in Brussels. Red Hellboy in Moscow. Yellow Sponge Bob in Bejing. Green Kermit in Washington. Pink Panther in New York at the UN.

Much less absurd than the psychotic gang running the world right now.
Old 11-02-16, 02:23 PM   #3522
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

^ @Skybird
Sometimes i think you read my mind

But then, since a lot of people are better educated and capable than our own political and other leaders.. why do we let them?!

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 11-02-16, 02:47 PM   #3523
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Yes, those horror clown masks and related incidents make for some really scary halloween this year. Stephen King is said to write a sequel to his bestselling novel about Pennywise, working title is "Them".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
It seems that the pendulum indeed swings in Trumps favour again? If you consider the way this campaign has gone and what things and stories and factors got focussed on and projected influence, it all is indeed the best argument against holding general elections.

We have a comparable debate over here in Germany currently, on the usefulness of public referendums and whether they indeed get decided by views on and opinions about the issue the individual referendum is about.

Why not making Kermit the next POTUS? He is hilarious, but so are Clinton and Trump, but different to them, he is not intentionally malicious and foul-playing. A truly green president, an American precedence for the world. Who knows, maybe other countries will follow. Blue Ernie in Brussels. Red Hellboy in Moscow. Yellow Sponge Bob in Bejing. Green Kermit in Washington. Pink Panther in New York at the UN.

Much less absurd than the psychotic gang running the world right now.
Danger Mouse for PM!

But I must admit, I always find myself coming back to a quote by Adlai Stevenson:

Old 11-02-16, 03:10 PM   #3524
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

^ Stephen King – Hah!

But this is wrong:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
[...]

You can only become a president if being a relative to a former president, or if you have money. BIG money. The most intelligent Harvard absolvent, or the most intelligent man with or without official education, will never become president in the US, without money.
It is not about intelligence, good intentions or sheer capability.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 11-02-16, 03:17 PM   #3525
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
^ Stephen King – Hah!

But this is wrong:

You can only become a president if being a relative to a former president, or if you have money. BIG money. The most intelligent Harvard absolvent, or the most intelligent man with or without official education, will never become president in the US, without money.
It is not about intelligence, good intentions or sheer capability.
Fair point...and to be honest, it's the same in every single government and political system really, isn't it? And has been through-out history.
Closed Thread

Tags
clinton, cuba, doomed, election, marx, president, trump