SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-24-12, 10:06 AM   #1
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Downloads: 265
Uploads: 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Dodger View Post
So far, so good. Then I enabled the Crew Rank Fix for RSRDC, and Voila! No deck gun!
If you're using TMO & RSRDC together, then you shouldn't have installed my Crew Rank Fix mod. From the readme:

Crew Rank Fix ***8211; RSRDC - Use with the standalone Run Silent, Run Deep the Campaign mod.

There is no TMO version of my mod because TMO already changes the numbers, though not as much as my mod.
fred8615 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-12, 03:05 PM   #2
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred8615 View Post
If you're using TMO & RSRDC together, then you shouldn't have installed my Crew Rank Fix mod. From the readme:

Crew Rank Fix ***8211; RSRDC - Use with the standalone Run Silent, Run Deep the Campaign mod.

There is no TMO version of my mod because TMO already changes the numbers, though not as much as my mod.
As I used to tell my customers, "First, READ THE BOOK OF INSTRUCTIONS!"

I think your crew fix was made before TMO v2, where Ducimus added in the 'Crew Berthing' ('Hogan's Alley') to Compartment 3 which fouled up the compartment numbering after that. It took me awhile to figure out where the problem was coming from. The fix for me was one of the easiest I have attempted - just change the numbers in the TMO .upc files (for each class of sub), as per the 'readme'.

I'm still not sure if I like or hate the 'Crew Berthing' compartment. I've got 9 qualified men to spread around to empty slots (there are never enough available men 'in port' when starting a new campaign to completely crew the boat), but I'm left with an empty compartment that kind of scrunches up the 'Crew Maintenance' screen.

Anyway, thanx for the idea on how to increase crew levels. Much more Real World.

TMO + RSRDC - Don't leave port without them!

Good Hunting
Old 06-25-12, 12:56 AM   #3
doulos05
Planesman

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Dodger View Post
I think your crew fix was made before TMO v2, where Ducimus added in the 'Crew Berthing' ('Hogan's Alley') to Compartment 3 which fouled up the compartment numbering after that. It took me awhile to figure out where the problem was coming from. The fix for me was one of the easiest I have attempted - just change the numbers in the TMO .upc files (for each class of sub), as per the 'readme'.

I'm still not sure if I like or hate the 'Crew Berthing' compartment. I've got 9 qualified men to spread around to empty slots (there are never enough available men 'in port' when starting a new campaign to completely crew the boat), but I'm left with an empty compartment that kind of scrunches up the 'Crew Maintenance' screen.

Anyway, thanx for the idea on how to increase crew levels. Much more Real World.

TMO + RSRDC - Don't leave port without them!

Good Hunting
What exactly does Crew Berthing do? Could I fill them with gunners or the DC team and move them around as needed, leaving the compartment empty at times?
Me:
doulos05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-12, 01:46 PM   #4
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by doulos05 View Post
What exactly does Crew Berthing do? Could I fill them with gunners or the DC team and move them around as needed, leaving the compartment empty at times?
I think that was Ducimus' idea. Men in that area are immune to battle damage (unless you get sunk). You may have noticed that when your deck gun gets destroyed by DCs, your deck gun crew gets wiped out as well.

For me, its a real hassle to move men from berthing to the deck gun (and keeping the correct order of the crew) as I might need them in a hurry. Same with Damage Control. There is an officer (3rd watch, Control Room?) that is a real expert with batteries. You are actually told (in the pop-up) that if you think this man might be injured, to move him to crew berthing for his safety.

Crew Berthing has its uses, but is usually just an empty compartment for me. I'm also not sure if men in Crew Berthing gain any 'experience' on patrols or if they are just considered 'ballast'.
Old 10-12-12, 12:17 PM   #5
dhaalque
Nub

Downloads: 67

it's july 1942and i return after 3rd patrol to my base Fremantle. on TMO2.5 with RSRDC+OTC. Last message I receive was patrol what you want or return to base. I'm out of torps so return and what? no option to end patrol in fremantle. Tried other bases in Australia - noone want me. I'm homeless and have to return to neverending patrol, like Davy Jones perhaps.....
dhaalque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-12, 12:48 PM   #6
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3228

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhaalque View Post
it's july 1942and i return after 3rd patrol to my base Fremantle. on TMO2.5 with RSRDC+OTC. Last message I receive was patrol what you want or return to base. I'm out of torps so return and what? no option to end patrol in fremantle. Tried other bases in Australia - noone want me. I'm homeless and have to return to neverending patrol, like Davy Jones perhaps.....
Are you checked the last messages? I had those messages, but after that, I received a message with a new objective. The yellow objective star appears in the map, and you must go to the area.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-12, 06:44 AM   #7
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
Are you checked the last messages? I had those messages, but after that, I received a message with a new objective. The yellow objective star appears in the map, and you must go to the area.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo
I think it is simpler than that. Look at your map. I bet the Fremantle icon no longer has a crooked anchor. Find the one that does. That is your new home port. Sometimes it changes and you either miss the message or it gets lost.

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote