SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-02-12, 03:06 AM   #46
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
hi,
Currently modding a part of U-Boot-Hahd guys. i haven't forgot this but ,as i said, it is at 'garantine' for the moment.
as soon as i am done with the other stuff ,will finish this one too
Okay, the main thing is, that you don´t forget this project Manos!

Best regards my friend!
Old 06-03-12, 05:04 PM   #47
SouriaBasharAkbar
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default To Markman (Manos)

Hello, search underwater environment mod, I would like to work with you, together on this mod to make realistic underwater atmosphere but would have to combine it with you otherwise it overright/ Please get back to me thanks

-Souria
Old 06-03-12, 08:58 PM   #48
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 345

makman, did i ever tell you that ......i love you! lmao. looks good man. cant wait til its done. water looks better and especially the sun.

regards,
drakkhen20
drakkhen20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-12, 12:45 PM   #49
SquareSteelBar
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618

@SouriaBasharAkbar:

Did you already try to send a private message to Makman?

SquareSteelBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-12, 02:42 PM   #50
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouriaBasharAkbar View Post
Hello, search underwater environment mod, I would like to work with you, together on this mod to make realistic underwater atmosphere but would have to combine it with you otherwise it overright/ Please get back to me thanks

-Souria
hi Souria,
yea , i checked your thread , you are doing a wonderfull mod there mate.it is really nice what i see there
sure , we can work together but right now i am very busy with some other parts of the u-boot-hahd mod and i (can) spend very few time to M.E.P v4 (i am working on it from time to time).
but this mustn't slow you down from your work as it is a piece of cake to import your work into the final M.E.P v4 files
(i will pm you some 'limitations' that are existing in M.E.P's underwater enviro but ,don't worry, it is not something critical)

thank you for the offer Souria

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakkhen20 View Post
makman, did i ever tell you that ......i love you! lmao. looks good man. cant wait til its done. water looks better and especially the sun.

regards,
drakkhen20
thank you for the very kind words Drakkhen20 . comments like yours is like 'oil' in the 'moding machine' !

here 'catch' one more pic of the incoming v4 :

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-12, 03:26 PM   #51
Dani
Helmsman

Downloads: 349

@makman94

Have you and hans maybe solved the polygone effect?
I know it is your long time wish (and not only yours), to get rid off that ugly effect.
Dani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-12, 03:38 PM   #52
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani View Post
@makman94

Have you and hans maybe solved the polygone effect?
I know it is your long time wish (and not only yours), to get rid off that ugly effect.
no Dani ...i can't solve this issue ...yes it is my biggest wish as concered the enviros eyes candies.
i am convinced that the 'solution' for this is hardcoded and is 'hiding' into the executables (probably the sh3's engine is screwing up the algorithm which is rendering the light's reflections on wave's algorithm ). the issue is happening on the big changes of weather (but not all the time) so i am guessing that something is not 'following' correctly the changes at wave's algorithm

Old 06-08-12, 04:54 PM   #53
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 230

Makman,looks great and definitely add in SouriaBasharAkbar's work!!Some good news for you in that I have sorta fixed the diamond pattern in my own mod.In trying to fix the crazy ship behaviors I found that its the swells action of the water.I tried to turn it down and increase the small waves but that did not work as it looks like little mountains and the bump map gets over-exaggerated.I have settled upon a combo that is best I could do.Still tweaking.....meaning when I change something I like to then do a patrol and look at the varying waves at varying weather patterns and light.

The thing that bothers me is when looking thru scopes and the boats come out of the water.My combination of swell/small waves gives a "slight" float effect still sadly.But its a must because when I remove this ill effect from the scopes then the ocean feels off.By giving just a slight float look when at 15m seas I get a return benefit of harsher seas.

Ok,so the cure for the diamond patterns is to increase the amount of distance of wave to wave done by increasing the X and Z stat of the waves scale.This seems to remove that diamond pattern.The Y stat controls height and the X/Z control the distance the waves are apart.The problem then is that too far and the boats start to look way off.Good luck....
Wolfstriked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-12, 10:08 PM   #54
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

yeah makman. ever since like three years ago ive used you environment mod and its become a must have when ever i play sh3. the picture for sh3 graphics looks freaking sweet. i definetly cant wait for it to be released as im hitting up sh3 again after a year of not playing it. im so glad to see after the break throughs with some of the scripting and all that sh3 still is being modded and improved on. excallent work again.
!

regards,
drakkhen20
Old 06-08-12, 10:09 PM   #55
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

btw, what skin are you using on that uboat ?
Old 06-10-12, 02:16 PM   #56
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfstriked View Post

Ok,so the cure for the diamond patterns is to increase the amount of distance of wave to wave done by increasing the X and Z stat of the waves scale.This seems to remove that diamond pattern.The Y stat controls height and the X/Z control the distance the waves are apart.The problem then is that too far and the boats start to look way off.Good luck....
yes Wolfstriked , it is known long time ago that the extreme wave's shapes can 'cure' the effect . Phillip Tomsen at his water mod had 'cure' it with the way you are discribing (he used very 'smaller' squares instead of 'bigger' that you suggest).point is that Thomsen's waves were ,imo,tottally unrealistic and i didn't like them at all so i choosed to make the MEP's waves as i liked them and ignore the polygon effect.
so, i am suspecting that your waves will not be realistic too but i would like to see them first before say more.if ,indeed, are nice and eliminating the polygon effect then please allow me to use them in MEP v4

ps: i said that the 'solution' is hardcoded becuase the sh3's engine has prooved that can hadle correctly the light's reflections at all weather's situation ( i can see them rendering correctly to all specific weather states and to all MEP's waves situations at my development single missions).the problem appears at the big weather changes (not all the time though) showing that something is 'screwed' up and is not 'following' correctly

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakkhen20 View Post
btw, what skin are you using on that uboat ?
i really don't know who is its author Drakkhen
here is a close pic of the sub (maybe someone will recognise the skin and help you find it):

Old 06-10-12, 02:22 PM   #57
Dani
Helmsman

Downloads: 349

I think it's stock SH3 skin.
Dani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-12, 02:36 PM   #58
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
really ? the devs made a very very nice work on this skin

Old 06-10-12, 04:44 PM   #59
Myxale
Admiral

Downloads: 70

Quote:
It just painfully dawned on me, that I have no Idea what Vanilla SH3 looks like anymore

Myxale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-12, 10:14 PM   #60
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myxale View Post
It just painfully dawned on me, that I have no Idea what Vanilla SH3 looks like anymore

thats about how i am lol. it could be stock but it also looks like wolfhunters work cuz hes got one thats rusted and aged. hhmm. i actually redone the stock skin in that Dunkelgrau 51 for 1939 on the type7Bs. i dont think the stock one has that green algie effect at the waterline. the deck plating isnt that rusted either and if you look closer the stock one has black all the way up on the ballast tanks. this one does not. so this is not the stock one lol. but we still dont know who did it.