SUBSIM Radio Room Forums
Sailor Steve supports Subsim through his many Amazon purchases, you can too!
Want to support Subsim and make Amazon pay for it? Click here to start any Amazon shopping.


SUBSIM: The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Fleet Boat Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Is one of these names part of your email? Subsim wants to upgrade your account!
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2012, 05:55 PM   #1
hocking
Soundman
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 146
Downloads: 69
Uploads: 0
Default I am in an empty SH4 World (No ships/airplanes appearing)

I am currently using TMO 2.5 with RSRD. I am on my second patrol after picking SH4 back up for the first time in a few years. My first patrol seemed normal, with no problems.

However, on my second patrol, I am patrolling up and down the Japanese coast, and I am seeing no airplanes, ships , or anything. I am in an empty SH4 world. I actually ran into a Japanese harbor on the surface to find the harbor absolutely empty with no ships or patrols at all. The cranes are working, but that is it. I have also seen absolutely no planes from my long cruise from Pearl Harbor to Japan. Something is definitely wrong.

It is April, 1942. Before beginning this patrol, I added an SD Radar to my boat, and Measure 32 paint. That is all.

Is this a bug?
hocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:34 PM   #2
fitzcarraldo
Argentinien Kaleun
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina - Arrived in U-977 after 60 days below
Posts: 1,893
Downloads: 613
Uploads: 0


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hocking View Post
I am currently using TMO 2.5 with RSRD. I am on my second patrol after picking SH4 back up for the first time in a few years. My first patrol seemed normal, with no problems.

However, on my second patrol, I am patrolling up and down the Japanese coast, and I am seeing no airplanes, ships , or anything. I am in an empty SH4 world. I actually ran into a Japanese harbor on the surface to find the harbor absolutely empty with no ships or patrols at all. The cranes are working, but that is it. I have also seen absolutely no planes from my long cruise from Pearl Harbor to Japan. Something is definitely wrong.

It is April, 1942. Before beginning this patrol, I added an SD Radar to my boat, and Measure 32 paint. That is all.

Is this a bug?
I think this is abnormal...Do you try TMO 25 only (without RSRDC)? My actual installation includes TMO 25 with RSRDC for TMO, and I have the harbor traffic...Some ducks there are, ever.

Check TMO 25 only, and check the RSRDC version is the correct for TMO (not for RFB).

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo
__________________
http://imageshack.us/a/img547/6595/fitzsignatiresubsim.jpg
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:02 PM   #3
DrBeast
The Old Man
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Somewhere Out In Space
Posts: 1,415
Downloads: 24
Uploads: 0
Default

Make sure you're running the patch for RSRDC_v5xx.
__________________



Let the Beast inside you free!
DrBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:31 AM   #4
hocking
Soundman
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 146
Downloads: 69
Uploads: 0
Default

I didn't have the patch. I only found the page where you download the main campaign file for the TMO 2.5 overhauled version of RSRD. I found the patch, and have installed it. Will try again. This was probably it.

Thanks for the help. Much appreciated. It takes a while to get your head around all of the new mods and updates that have been released since I was last here.
hocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:37 AM   #5
fitzcarraldo
Argentinien Kaleun
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina - Arrived in U-977 after 60 days below
Posts: 1,893
Downloads: 613
Uploads: 0


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hocking View Post
I didn't have the patch. I only found the page where you download the main campaign file for the TMO 2.5 overhauled version of RSRD. I found the patch, and have installed it. Will try again. This was probably it.

Thanks for the help. Much appreciated. It takes a while to get your head around all of the new mods and updates that have been released since I was last here.
You´re welcome, captain!

Note RSRDC has lower traffic than TMO 25 campaign. RSRDC is realistic, but you will have weeks of patrolling without sight an enemy ship...Note, for example, San Francisco Bay in the New Construction Campaign start: TMO 25 has traffic in the bay, RSRDC eliminates it (I have traffic in SF Bay in RSRDC because I made a mod for that...).

Best regards!

Fitzcarraldo
__________________
http://imageshack.us/a/img547/6595/fitzsignatiresubsim.jpg
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:46 AM   #6
Armistead
Navy Seal
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: on the Dan
Posts: 9,382
Downloads: 358
Uploads: 0


Default

RSRD has lots of traffic, it's just historical, best to start out of Manila early and work around the Philippines, in Feb/March, lot's of action around Borneo and Java.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:56 AM   #7
fitzcarraldo
Argentinien Kaleun
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina - Arrived in U-977 after 60 days below
Posts: 1,893
Downloads: 613
Uploads: 0


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistead View Post
RSRD has lots of traffic, it's just historical, best to start out of Manila early and work around the Philippines, in Feb/March, lot's of action around Borneo and Java.
Yes! But TMO has more traffic than RSRDC (and TMO isn´t so historical).

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo
__________________
http://imageshack.us/a/img547/6595/fitzsignatiresubsim.jpg
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:44 AM   #8
hocking
Soundman
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 146
Downloads: 69
Uploads: 0
Default

Thanks for the info. I am a huge history fan, especially WWII history. I think I will stick to the mod that offers the most realistic experience as possible even if it might be a little boring at times. Realism is what draws to me to gaming anyway. Thank goodness for the time compression!

By the way, I am not saying that TMO is unrealistic. I understand that he is trying to make the game as realistic as possible but at the same time keeping it fun to play. Definitely appreciate the fact that we have options, and I am sure I will eventually being playing without RSRD installed.
hocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:24 PM   #9
fitzcarraldo
Argentinien Kaleun
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina - Arrived in U-977 after 60 days below
Posts: 1,893
Downloads: 613
Uploads: 0


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hocking View Post
Thanks for the info. I am a huge history fan, especially WWII history. I think I will stick to the mod that offers the most realistic experience as possible even if it might be a little boring at times. Realism is what draws to me to gaming anyway. Thank goodness for the time compression!

By the way, I am not saying that TMO is unrealistic. I understand that he is trying to make the game as realistic as possible but at the same time keeping it fun to play. Definitely appreciate the fact that we have options, and I am sure I will eventually being playing without RSRD installed.
TMO has very hard japanese destroyers and planes, too hard from an historical point of view. But it is a damn hard game! (fun!).

I play with RSRDC now. Historically accurate, a real Pacific War environment.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo
__________________
http://imageshack.us/a/img547/6595/fitzsignatiresubsim.jpg
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:58 AM   #10
Armistead
Navy Seal
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: on the Dan
Posts: 9,382
Downloads: 358
Uploads: 0


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
Yes! But TMO has more traffic than RSRDC (and TMO isn´t so historical).

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo
No, not really.....just compare the files, just different traffic...
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1997- 2014 Subsim