SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-18-11, 05:00 AM   #1
johnnywoo
Nub

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0
Default crew efficiency dropped to zero

After installing this mod the crew efficiency indicator dropped to zero. (or all red) The real crew efficiency seems not to be affected, because I measured the torpedo loading times before and after installing this mod and they are exactly the same. Also, in the menu where crew efficiency is shown I can't see the drop down lists with the details of every crewman. Has anybody else experienced this problem? I have the newest updates for SH5 and other mods: NewUIs with TDC for SH5 by TheDarkWraith, BRF 1.3 Full, one ship, one torpedo v1.00 and the equipment upgrades fix v1.2 (installed last, as instructed).
johnnywoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-11, 04:59 PM   #2
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnywoo View Post
After installing this mod the crew efficiency indicator dropped to zero. (or all red) The real crew efficiency seems not to be affected, because I measured the torpedo loading times before and after installing this mod and they are exactly the same. Also, in the menu where crew efficiency is shown I can't see the drop down lists with the details of every crewman. Has anybody else experienced this problem? I have the newest updates for SH5 and other mods: NewUIs with TDC for SH5 by TheDarkWraith, BRF 1.3 Full, one ship, one torpedo v1.00 and the equipment upgrades fix v1.2 (installed last, as instructed).
This MOD has nothing to do with Crew Efficiency and does not touch those files.
There is a Game Bug that happens when enabling/disabling MODs while at sea that may cause this to happen.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-11, 12:37 AM   #3
0rpheus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 87
Uploads: 3

Just wondering, after your work in OHII whether you're 'back' now TheBeast, or still taking some time out? I'm still getting some odd stuff with this mod: radar antennas not lowering (at all) and no one has been able to figure out why the upgrades don't work if you progress to a new campaign from an existing one - if you start a fresh campaign (say Happy Times) they work fine, but if you come to Happy Times from Coastal Waters they don't appear.

I'd love to see this mod fix these issues so I can progress through all the campaigns with one captain and crew (and try to survive ) and have all your awesome upgrades
0rpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-11, 01:06 AM   #4
TheBeast
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0rpheus View Post
Just wondering, after your work in OHII whether you're 'back' now TheBeast, or still taking some time out? I'm still getting some odd stuff with this mod: radar antennas not lowering (at all) and no one has been able to figure out why the upgrades don't work if you progress to a new campaign from an existing one - if you start a fresh campaign (say Happy Times) they work fine, but if you come to Happy Times from Coastal Waters they don't appear.

I'd love to see this mod fix these issues so I can progress through all the campaigns with one captain and crew (and try to survive ) and have all your awesome upgrades
I am currently working on the Equipment Upgrades MOD.
Adding additional missing equipments such as Flak Guns,
Also converting many items for language localization.

As for equipment upgrades not working as you progress to new campaign in OH II. I am fairly certain that is a OH II bug as the upgrades worked fine when not using the OH II MOD but I will investigate this issue if I encounter it.

Last edited by TheBeast; 10-28-11 at 02:43 AM.
Old 10-28-11, 11:48 AM   #5
0rpheus
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
I am currently working on the Equipment Upgrades MOD.
Adding additional missing equipments such as Flak Guns,
Also converting many items for language localization.

As for equipment upgrades not working as you progress to new campaign in OH II. I am fairly certain that is a OH II bug as the upgrades worked fine when not using the OH II MOD but I will investigate this issue if I encounter it.
Great news! OHII was my first thought as well but Trevally and a few others brainstormed it in the OHII thread (I think, was a week or two back) and couldn't figure out what would be causing it.

Great to have you back
Old 10-28-11, 02:01 PM   #6
TheBeast
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0rpheus View Post
Great news! OHII was my first thought as well but Trevally and a few others brainstormed it in the OHII thread (I think, was a week or two back) and couldn't figure out what would be causing it.

Great to have you back
I was just trying to add a 10.5cm Deck Gun as upgrade option and realized something.

You do know that the last update I released was enforcing date requirements on equipment upgrades?

So many upgrades are not available until later dates.

There is a image in the documentation folder of the MOD that has rough outline of availabilty dates.

Regards!
TheBeast

Old 10-30-11, 03:10 PM   #7
TheBeast
The Old Man

Updated Post #1 with Info on upcoming release.

Regards!
TheBeast

Old 10-30-11, 04:52 PM   #8
0rpheus
Grey Wolf

Quote:
I was just trying to add a 10.5cm Deck Gun as upgrade option and realized something.

You do know that the last update I released was enforcing date requirements on equipment upgrades?

So many upgrades are not available until later dates.

There is a image in the documentation folder of the MOD that has rough outline of availabilty dates.

Regards!
TheBeast
Hey TB, yeah I know - I spent several hours testing with various dates etc, and many more waiting for the right dates to come around over the course of four or five consecutive campaigns (Coastal Waters right through to Op Drumbeat) with the same captain.

I found if I started a new campaign, the upgrades for that campaign would appear on the appropriate dates. If I moved to another campaign after completing that one, all upgrade dates fail from the point you begin the next campaign. I got to Op Drumbeat and still didn't have access to the BOLD1 - starting a fresh Op Drumbeat made it show up (and all other appropriate upgrades) as it should have done. The only thing I saw working throughout the campaigns were the torpedo upgrades, as they seemed to progress normally throughout the consecutive campaigns.

There was some speculation that OHII's altered campaign dates were causing it, but nothing was ever confirmed.
Old 05-21-12, 05:09 PM   #9
Kark
Watch

Downloads: 27
Default Crew Efficiency Issue

Quote:
This MOD has nothing to do with Crew Efficiency and does not touch those files.
There is a Game Bug that happens when enabling/disabling MODs while at sea that may cause this to happen.
I don't know if anybody even cares but I'm having the same problems as Johnwoo.
Crew efficiency is zero, moral is usually high. Only exception is the navigator, who still got full eff. I never installed MODs on patrol, not even the ones that were supposedly fine with that.
And it is definetly related to the Equipment Upgrades Fix, removing it fixes the bug. I can imagine it has something to do with the new tropedos (for the torp guy) new radar (Sound guy) and so on.

Anway, since it doesn't seem to affect the REAL efficiency (torps are still being loaded quite fast and speed is still increased due to upgrading the mechanic) my issues are still of aesthetical nature Would just like to see "everything is green and under control" rather than the red bars when clicking on the crew interface.

If anybody knows a way around that problem, I'm listening.

Besides that: Great MOD (like most of them around here)! Just blasted my first plane out of the sky with my new Flak
Thank you very much!
Kark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-12, 05:25 PM   #10
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Maybe you should try to start a new campaign?

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-12, 05:31 PM   #11
Kark
Watch

good idea, i applied the MOD at the beginning of the Mare Nostrum anyway, so that is possible.
Or do you mean (holy cow) to start all over again from the beginning?
Old 05-21-12, 05:37 PM   #12
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kark View Post
good idea, i applied the MOD at the beginning of the Mare Nostrum anyway, so that is possible.
Or do you mean (holy cow) to start all over again from the beginning?
I think, it's not necessarily.. just a new campaign.. maybe this will be enough.

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-12, 05:58 PM   #13
Kark
Watch

It worked!

Thanks mate!!!

Uncle Jimbo