SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-12-11, 12:56 PM   #6736
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 199
Uploads: 0

Just tried it and its working fine on my end.
7thSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-11, 02:21 PM   #6737
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by charognard View Post
I have just test the new 6.4 test9, and after a convoy attack :

- SOAN disapear after loading saved game, must re-init it.

Define re-init. Anytime you exit to main menu or load a saved game SOAN will hide. When you click the charts icon to show SOAN it should re-appear back to where you last left it. Is this not happening?

Also, the problems being reported about SOAN I cannot duplicate. I see no problems with SOAN's operation.

- All ship sunk don t appear on the navmap, i have sunk 16 ships, and get only 6 have icon like super navpoint for sunk ships. Other are count but, no map icon displayed.

This I will have to investigate. Your saved game would be nice to have so I can see what's going on. Can you send me the saved game that you were using where you encountered this problem?

- It appear, the icon to find the target speed ( lock, follow, stadimeter it, wait and stadimeter again, give totaly false values )

Are you setting the target's AOB and range before using this feature? You have to update the AOB and range everytime before using this feature. Failing to do so will give totally false values.

- Sometimes, XO dialogue background disapear, must unlock, lock again target to make it come back

What causes it to disappear? It sounds like you have the options file set to disable the XO TDC Dialog box but allow it to pop.

- Except that, it seem all run fine for me, no CTD, no damaged hull after some boat explosing ( using FX 0.14 too )
See above in yellow.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-11, 03:12 PM   #6738
MRV
Frogman

Downloads: 88

Any ways to make that message history smaller in SH3 style version? Its too huge for my tastes...
MRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-11, 03:16 PM   #6739
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRV View Post
Any ways to make that message history smaller in SH3 style version? Its too huge for my tastes...
Define message history. Screenshot would help also to help clarify what you are referring to.
Old 03-12-11, 03:45 PM   #6740
ustahl
Watch Officer

Downloads: 156

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRV View Post
You can determine exact message box measurements in the UserOptions file.
Old 03-12-11, 04:30 PM   #6741
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thSeal View Post
Just tried it and its working fine on my end.

Up and running again.
Turned out to be my IP messing things up

/
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-11, 04:52 PM   #6742
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

TDW, I have another request that you fix often when I post them.

Ok here it is, when deselecting autoload of torpedoes and saving. Well the autoload is always checked and needing correction once loaded. Is there a way to make the choice of auto loading disabled permanent by unticking the option?

I want to select which torps are loaded based on the situation without having to remember changing this each loaded game and firing torps.
Old 03-12-11, 05:19 PM   #6743
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thSeal View Post
TDW, I have another request that you fix often when I post them.

Ok here it is, when deselecting autoload of torpedoes and saving. Well the autoload is always checked and needing correction once loaded. Is there a way to make the choice of auto loading disabled permanent by unticking the option?

I want to select which torps are loaded based on the situation without having to remember changing this each loaded game and firing torps.
I'll look into it

Added a new icon (and command) to the depth bar on the left side - Maintain depth. Say you ordered a depth of 100m and as you're descending you want to maintain the current depth you're passing through. By clicking this icon you will maintain the depth currently displayed in the depth box:
Old 03-12-11, 05:24 PM   #6744
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

very useful the new command... cool... and the part with autoloading is making me problem also after i realod a save and i forgot to uncheck the option again
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-11, 05:40 PM   #6745
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoianm View Post
and the part with autoloading is making me problem also after i realod a save and i forgot to uncheck the option again
I knew I wasn't the only one...
Old 03-12-11, 10:01 PM   #6746
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366

with the last test version 9, my message log window is gone... using SH3 UI, allready deleted all "TDW dragables" config files and switched to maximum res, Its still gone...

Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-11, 01:44 AM   #6747
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618
@ TDW - HUD Settings

I run New UIs TDC 6.4.0 test 9. Great progress.

So far the only thing I've noticed is this:

Every time I start up the game and enter any scope I have to open the settings for the HUD and tick the settings for the crosshairs.
I.e. they got deactivated when I exited the game last time.

//
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-11, 05:07 AM   #6748
charognard
Navy Dude

Downloads: 201

I have found a bug, but i m not 100% sure it come from New Uis but, I m surfaced, ordered to take external torpedo, if during it i dive, it don t stop the external torpedo load.
charognard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-11, 05:10 AM   #6749
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by charognard View Post
I have found a bug, but i m not 100% sure it come from New Uis but, I m surfaced, ordered to take external torpedo, if during it i dive, it don t stop the external torpedo load.
this behavior of loading external torpedo was from begining.. even when i played with vanilla was the same
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-11, 05:22 AM   #6750
charognard
Navy Dude

Downloads: 201

Also, the problems being reported about SOAN I cannot duplicate. I see no problems with SOAN's operation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charognard
I have just test the new 6.4 test9, and after a convoy attack :

- SOAN disapear after loading saved game, must re-init it.

Define re-init. Anytime you exit to main menu or load a saved game SOAN will hide. When you click the charts icon to show SOAN it should re-appear back to where you last left it. Is this not happening?
Just tested again now, any time a load my game, i must delete the Pagelayout_Draggables.TDW if i want find the SOAN

Quote:
- All ship sunk don t appear on the navmap, i have sunk 16 ships, and get only 6 have icon like super navpoint for sunk ships. Other are count but, no map icon displayed.

This I will have to investigate. Your saved game would be nice to have so I can see what's going on. Can you send me the saved game that you were using where you encountered this problem?
I have delete it before read your answer and haven t any saved game with the problem :/ If i encounter it again, i ll kept a save for U

Quote:
- It appear, the icon to find the target speed ( lock, follow, stadimeter it, wait and stadimeter again, give totaly false values )

Are you setting the target's AOB and range before using this feature? You have to update the AOB and range everytime before using this feature. Failing to do so will give totally false values.
Do the correct action order is :
1 Lock
2 identify
3 follow the target
4 find AOb
5 Use stadimeter
6 Press "find speed icon"
7 Wait at least 1 min
8 Use stadimeter again
9 Unpress "find speed icon"

????

Quote:
- Sometimes, XO dialogue background disapear, must unlock, lock again target to make it come back

What causes it to disappear? It sounds like you have the options file set to disable the XO TDC Dialog box but allow it to pop.
XO is enable, It happen if i m lock a target, Move on navmap and come again on Periscope view.
charognard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui