SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-01-10, 01:08 AM   #30
rditto48801
Mate

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0

It looks good so far for the most part.

Are the torpedo tubes going to remain partly 'external' looking in the final version, or are they going to basically be like other subs and be more internal with a cover over them that is flush with the hull when it is closed?
If they are going to remain sticking out, I might suggest making the forward ones have a less step of an angle on the front sides, so they don't look like they will induce as much drag.

The housing for the deck guns is not quite what I had in mind, but it looks like it should still work very well.
Especially when the enemy goes from "Ha! Sub rising to surface with no guns!" to "WTH she has triple guns oh fudge!"

To me, the caterpillar intakes seem a little small/shallow compared to the rear thrust part. Would it be possible to 'deepen' the intakes a little bit? Maybe at least 50-100% deeper than it is presently?
IIRC, in the movie Hunt for Red October, the Red October had the intakes have roughly the same 'size' as the exit points at the rear of the system. (probably so there is no real change in water pressure between going in and going out? Been years since I have seen the movie, so I don't recall finer details)

Have you made any final decisions on the exact type and number of guns and AA guns it will have?

I am little lost on one bit. (I might have missed something in the thread)
Is it going to use the props on the surface and the caterpillar when submerged, or will the caterpillar only be used under certain conditions.

Run Silent, Run Deep, Run them Ragged, Let The Prey Not Sleep.
rditto48801 is offline   Reply With Quote