SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-13-09, 10:46 PM   #1
Sag75
XO

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 0

Hi it's amazing!

I made some test, I had "radar destroyed" messages too on Bismarck, even if the radar never got destroyed.

I just have a question.. is it possible modify the periscope station (that it's disabled now) to have an other watch station? maybe could be nice the higher and opened on the ship!

thanks!

Betasom - XI Gruppo Sommergibili Atlantici
http://www.betasom.it/forum/index.php
Sag75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-09, 12:40 AM   #2
Dekessey
Torpedoman

Downloads: 7

One word: WOW

Impressive work guys.

Dekessey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-09, 03:05 AM   #3
Von Talon
A-ganger

Downloads: 67

HEY! THIS AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME WITH EXTENDED FREE CAMERA MOD! http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=154643
You can walk around your ship! AWESOME!
Old 11-02-09, 07:32 AM   #4
Russian sailor
Watch

Downloads: 57
Default My first post. =)))

Well done!
This is the best mod.
Sorry, but you have not tried to increase the height of the water column, with the fall of the projectile that looked like the explosion in the torpedo hit.

Sorry of my English! =))))

As on this picture.
Russian sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-09, 04:09 PM   #5
Redeagle
Sailor man

Downloads: 1

or like here (i fear chinese can't watch) in this vid
Redeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-09, 06:09 PM   #6
Commander Gizmo
Watch Officer

Downloads: 76
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeagle View Post
or like here (i fear chinese can't watch) in this vid
Did I see a crew membe with a rocket launcher at 2:47? I wish I had those on board.
Commander Gizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-09, 02:39 PM   #7
Tirpitz96
Nub

Downloads: 0
Default about the warship 3.0 mod

Hey guys,

I have an issue from which maybe you guys can help. I have the warship mod v3.0 installed with Silent Hunter 3 v1.4 (stock version) installed. For the most part, the mod works well but when I try to load a saved game, it always crashes to desktop. I followed the installation instructions exactly as in the readme file.

Anyone care to shed some light on the subject?

Thanks
Tirpitz96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-09, 03:22 PM   #8
Lipud U-107
Ensign

Downloads: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirpitz96 View Post
Hey guys,

I have an issue from which maybe you guys can help. I have the warship mod v3.0 installed with Silent Hunter 3 v1.4 (stock version) installed. For the most part, the mod works well but when I try to load a saved game, it always crashes to desktop. I followed the installation instructions exactly as in the readme file.

Anyone care to shed some light on the subject?

Thanks
You must go back a few pages because I was there we move on this topic.
P.S. pretty good nick
Old 11-02-09, 10:48 PM   #9
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian sailor View Post
Well done!
This is the best mod.
Sorry, but you have not tried to increase the height of the water column, with the fall of the projectile that looked like the explosion in the torpedo hit.

Sorry of my English! =))))

As on this picture.

Do I see a new member? Welcome aboard!

Neal
SUBSIM
Old 10-14-09, 05:34 AM   #10
Lipud U-107
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sag75 View Post
Hi it's amazing!

I made some test, I had "radar destroyed" messages too on Bismarck, even if the radar never got destroyed.

I just have a question.. is it possible modify the periscope station (that it's disabled now) to have an other watch station? maybe could be nice the higher and opened on the ship!

thanks!
radar and radio can be destroyed once I made it happen because the PBY Catalina hit the newsstand and the radar antenna and radio stories have been radio silent for a radar operated on a much smaller distance stadart 25km after damage to 5-7km
Lipud U-107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-09, 03:28 PM   #11
Von Talon
A-ganger

Default Hood Pwn3d me!

Dang it! I got owned by HMS Hood! AND I WAS USING BISMARCK!

I think that the "Damage taken by submarine will be more severe" -option thing (I dont remember its name) in the realism settings weakens the battleship to level of a U-boat. Hood shot only few shots, and the whole ship destroyed!

Ill try sinking Hood again tomorrow with "Damage taken by submarine will be more severe" -option turned off.
Old 10-15-09, 06:22 AM   #12
Freiwillige
The Old Man

Downloads: 24

I keep dying on submarine nets!

Great fun mod though, Thank you for this!
Freiwillige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-09, 12:59 PM   #13
kdv
Loader

Downloads: 37

U47 - THANKS!!! This is pretty sweet (so far)!

Have a few questions though, have only made 1 successful patrol.

Started a new career, so only 500 renown - not enough to upgrade boat, presume that 'hacking' the renown of my captain will allow me to upgrade to the IXD2 (Bismark?).

Starting ship has a deck gun like you'd see on a sub, do I have to upgrade my weapons - or pick a different year to ensure the historical accuracy of when the ship would have been fitted out?

Think I also died on sub-nets, thought I'd pay Scapa Flow a visit before hostilities started, but died when approaching the docks.

Any other tips out there from you guys who've successfully made a few patrols?
kdv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-09, 01:49 PM   #14
Von Talon
A-ganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdv View Post

Started a new career, so only 500 renown - not enough to upgrade boat, presume that 'hacking' the renown of my captain will allow me to upgrade to the IXD2 (Bismark?).

Starting ship has a deck gun like you'd see on a sub, do I have to upgrade my weapons - or pick a different year to ensure the historical accuracy of when the ship would have been fitted out?

Think I also died on sub-nets, thought I'd pay Scapa Flow a visit before hostilities started, but died when approaching the docks.

So, you want to upgrade to Bismarck? Well, that she is worth of 65000 renown, so you have alot of ships to sink, but there is a few faster ways to get it! If you don't like "cheats" do not read!

First, enable GeIII. Then you should be able to select IXD2 from SH3 Commander (if you have it). Before you start SH3 from SH3 Cmdr, change GeIII back to GeI. If you don't have SH3 Cmdr, do not worry! you should be able to get Leipzig-class cruiser (IXD2 of GeIII) on 1939!

And you want some patrol tips too? Here is some! But if you don't want to know where 3 battleships are, dont read!

IF YOU HAVE GWX, I suggest you start your career on October 1939 with Bismarck, you can catch, and destroy HMS Hood and HMS Nelson! They are in grid AN15, heading east, to Scapa Flow on October 5th. They arrive to the grid at 15:00, and reach Scapa at evening. I suggest you take tactical position, and engage them. It's very easy sink them if you have a tactical position.
If you manage to destroy them, and you still have ammunition and high hull intregity, you can try to enter Scapa Flow, becouse there is a third battleship, HMS Royal Oak! Enter Scapa from the southern enterance, and destroy every ship in your path. Stop at about 6000-10000 meters from the Royal Oak, and open fire! Do not destroy any destroyers or pesky patrol boats, just concentrate your fire on the battleship. Destroyers don't pose any threat to you. It takes a long time to destroy a battleship from long range, but when you get the "She's going down" -message, escape immediatly! When after the message, you can concentrate fire to a aulixary cruiser west from the sunken battleship.

You can still sink the Royal Oak if you don't have GWX. I stongly suggest you upgrade to GWX!

And if you want more Bismarck-career tips, just put a private message. Good hunting!
Old 10-15-09, 05:32 PM   #15
Lipud U-107
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdv View Post

can slightly increase your budget, you can bury your files (you know what) 2 as sinking more ships.
P.S. generally increased the budget itself is usually only when I was a captain in the u-boot and I am the commander of a warship that only increases the league because guys quite often poorly shot
pozdro
Lipud U-107 is offline   Reply With Quote