SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-09-17, 05:07 PM   #1
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Default Gudgeon sinks I-73

Currently adding some layers to RSRD as I had on my prior install(lost when computer crashed) . I add certain historical events so if player happens to be in he correct position, can "replicate" certain things.Currently in the early war, added guard/asw patrols in home islands, outside key ports etc.

Adding a few Japanese submarines. Would like to place one where I-73 was on 27 ?January 1942 when Gudgeon sunk her. I have not been able to find a location, just that he sinking occurred while Gudgeon was en route back to Pearl Harbor after concluding her first war patrol off home islands.

anyone know where? Have links to references?
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-17, 05:28 PM   #2
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Sometimes, you have to go at it from the "other side"... ahem... sorry, bad joke.

http://www.combinedfleet.com/I-73.htm

The root, http://www.combinedfleet.com/kaigun.htm is an excellent source of (hopefully) accurate info. If you're doing FotRSU, s7rikeback is attempting to get some more AI Japanese subs into the game, working with keltos01...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-17, 07:16 PM   #3
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Sometimes, you have to go at it from the "other side"... ahem... sorry, bad joke.

http://www.combinedfleet.com/I-73.htm

The root, http://www.combinedfleet.com/kaigun.htm is an excellent source of (hopefully) accurate info. If you're doing FotRSU, s7rikeback is attempting to get some more AI Japanese subs into the game, working with keltos01...

Thanks. How I forgot about combinedfleet.com Ill never know.

Yes, more AI subs would be great.I am doing his for my RSRD with TMO install currently. Is is true they are working on AI subs that can fire torpedoes?
Old 04-10-17, 05:28 AM   #4
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

AI subs ~can~ fire torpedoes, if they're set-up and enabled. The problem lies in the "accuracy". They shoot at what's there now, not where it will be... but yes, that is being worked on.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-17, 12:20 PM   #5
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Currently adding some layers to RSRD as I had on my prior install(lost when computer crashed) . I add certain historical events so if player happens to be in he correct position, can "replicate" certain things.Currently in the early war, added guard/asw patrols in home islands, outside key ports etc.
These are fantastic news ...
Obviously, the unprotected ports in RSRDC seem to be a minor weakness ... (lead reports from DicheBach).

At all, I like and appreciate your modifications.
"NewDepthCharges" and "Torpedoupdate" are an integral part of my ModSoup aka ModPack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Yes, more AI subs would be great.I am doing his for my RSRD with TMO install currently. Is is true they are working on AI subs that can fire torpedoes?
The Base Mod:
Quote:
Originally Posted by iambecomelife View Post
Here is the AI torpedo link:

http://www.filedropper.com/aishootstorpedos

This version still has the depth keeping problem, so you will need to tinker with it in S3ditor to improve accuracy.
I have it currently unadjusted in my ModPack - wanted to first test what he can or can not ...

Old 04-10-17, 12:27 PM   #6
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
AI subs ~can~ fire torpedoes, if they're set-up and enabled. The problem lies in the "accuracy". They shoot at what's there now, not where it will be... but yes, that is being worked on.

Very nice. Well that would be great to have enemy and friendly AI subs capable of firing torpedoes.

I placed I-73 in it's location per history. Would be great to have submerged AI subs as well, that can fire torpedoes(sure that would mean they stay submerged).

Maye you can answer this, the AI subs in TMO never show up on radar. Any idea why? I'd like to fix that.