View Single Post
Old 04-15-08, 04:47 PM   #536
skwasjer
The Old Man

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 3

ARE YOU READY FOR IT?

Well, just a bit patience :rotfl:

Seriously, I've just about finished testing v0.8, which, next to model import/export features a couple of other cool improvements. I still have to do the documentation/installer/website, but I'm happy this is finally sorted now.

I'd like to say one thing regarding this release (and more importantly, model import/export), don't 'expect' it to work. This is not to say I did a sh!tty job because I'm sure it will work in most cases, but there's hundreds and hundreds of lines of new code, that most guaranteed will contain one or more bugs somewhere. It's just to make sure everyone takes this new functionality with care, and tests their projects/customizations carefully before releasing any mods.

For that matter, consider v0.8 as a whole 'unstable'. I won't publish it either using my autoupdate feature (yet) to prevent the mass from using it (without reading this). You will be allowed to install it side by side with 0.7.x although you can't run them simulteously... This ensures you can fall back if you run into problems. So, make sure you make backups of your own modded files (which you should do regularly anyway), if you start using this release to avoid drama later.

I say this all in advance, so you all are warned... Obviously, I appreciate your feedback if you run into any issues.

I'm not sure if I'm gonna make it tonight, but I'll try. If not, no later than tomorrow. Get your models from your backup drives, and prepare to lose some sleep people...
skwasjer is offline   Reply With Quote