View Single Post
Old 01-04-08, 10:30 PM   #344
skwasjer
The Old Man

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 3

Thanks for trying kapitan. Up til now I've been busy providing fixes and improvements for general stability for v0.5

I have to tell you, there are still some issues with the model exporter. I made some small mistakes in how the object hierarchy is being written. The export is still ok for single models, but when multiple models are to be exported to a single document, **** will hit the fan Additionally, I need to make some other improvements (for instance, store chunk id with each object for future import matching purposes).

My primary goal regarding model support is to get the model exporter solid, and to allow for hierarchical export (nested models, so you can also export funnel, lifeboats, etc. to a single target file). If I don't, and make import first, I will have many problems later to support people, because they will find that their models (exported with older versions) can't be imported anymore...

I don't get much feedback anymore on instability with v0.5.2/v0.5.3 so I guess it is time to move on and pick this up again
skwasjer is offline   Reply With Quote