View Single Post
Old 04-15-08, 08:54 PM   #540
skwasjer
The Old Man

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 3

As promised. Can be installed side-by-side with v0.7.

This is a private release, only distributed through this thread. It is NOT available on my own site. Until I have some positive feedback, that is...

Now I want to see new ships fully mapped TOMORROW. And fully mapped, new interiors NEXT WEEK! OK???

[edit] For a walkthrough see this thread: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=135177
[edit2] Please make a backup of your own mods pre v0.8. In case of problems, use that backup with v0.7.
[edit3] For obj-files, best use a high float precision, both in S3D and in 3D studio. 8 or higher at least. This ensures both accuracy and S3D can optimize the UV table better.

Version v0.8.0 - The download has been removed and replaced by a newer version. Please follow my sig links

New
  • Model exporter for OBJ-file format. The export dialog provides the option to export additional map channels to either .UVW file or extra .OBJ files. The .UVW files can be used with 3ds Max, specifically the 'Unwrap UVW' modifier where you can load extra UVW data. This method is more direct than using additional .OBJ files. These must be loaded separately, and the user must copy the UV-data himself from that model to the target model.
  • Model importer for OBJ-file format. The import dialog works almost the same as the export dialog. You can feed in the main OBJ-model, and choose to load additional UV-data from .UVW or .OBJ files.
  • New toolbar buttons (dat/sim/zon/val/cam/dsd) that allow you to open related files. Ie. if you have a .dat file open, and a .sim file exists, you can click the sim-button to open it directly, instead of having to do a File > Open > search file... > Click OK.
  • Partial support for mesh animations. You can now edit the timing of mesh animations. The actual meshes are still a todo...
  • Labels that are 'known nodes' now have a description explaining what they are. Ie. cfg#A15_NBB_Yamato will have a description of AA Gun 15, or cfg#P02_B5N2_Kate will have Pilot/Sailor 2. The descriptions are based on a config file [S3D path]\cfg\labels.xml, and I used regular expressions to perform the match, and get the index number. Thanks to Anvart for posting this list of 'known nodes'.
Fixed
  • The Collada exporter failed on some objects that contain illegal path characters in their label (thanks privateer).

Last edited by skwasjer; 04-22-08 at 05:29 PM.
skwasjer is offline   Reply With Quote