Old 11-18-08, 05:07 AM   #840
skwasjer
The Old Man

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltos01
Hi

If you've read our Kaiten torpedo thread WIP you've noticed we hit a brick wall.

We are trying to add the kaiten 3d model to the torpedo.dat along with the screw model.

sometimes after we append nodes, the existing ones split and lose header etc..

plus : we can't resolve the angles needed for the rotation on the 2 screws, which should be contraroteting btw, when they should be the same as the existing torpedo angles ?

on my FF they is a file with the .obj format for the Kaiten and the latest stuff we did, but maybe it's better to start from the original file.

if you could tell us what to do or insert the nodes for us and set the rotation that would be swell, we mostly don't know what we are doing here..

the problem was, unlike subs, the torpedo .dat uses only 2 different torpedo models for all torpedoes, we need a different one.

why would the rotation have to be different when the screws are only bigger, not different ????

thanks in advance

Keltos
It is a lot easier if you just center the propeller on the z- and/or x-axis in a 3D studio. Then, the rotation parameters are alot easier (start and local position can remain 0,0,0) and do not require to be changed when an object is scaled. If the model is not centered one needs to offset it using the local-position parameter which allows you to shift the center of the object for animation purposes.

PS: the obj-package didn't contain the 2nd prop, and had the 1st prop not centered on the z- and x-axis. I therefor didn't make a working dat. If you provide the max-source file I could have a go at it.
skwasjer is offline   Reply With Quote