View Single Post
Old 04-21-08, 09:47 AM   #614
skwasjer
The Old Man

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 3

Keltos, the obj file is missing texture coordinates so it's bound not to work... Unfortunately, S3D doesn't check for this (yet) so you indeed run into a crash. I will fix this, but it doesn't solve your problem. The obj-file is still incorrect for the game. Using the files you provided I can't test anything further.

Please take a deep breath, and read my walkthrough again (I've added a link in my footer). It's a long read, but you probably don't follow it exactly (same as Mikhayl ). If you have disabled for instance the 'Export texture coordinates' in Max then you will be in trouble, and there are a few other things to keep in mind. It is a very tricky process so please check out all the screenshots I provided and make sure your settings are the same. Then follow the steps one at the time. Read each step a couple of times and make sure you understand it. If you don't, then ask specific questions about that in that thread.

Maybe I should do a video tutorial...

As far as texture mapping a model, I can't help you much on the 3dsMax front though. I know as much as I've said here out loud. I am not a 3D artist and know only so much about 3D software... So I hope you can get some help with this from some of the other folks around here. Keep the faith and keep trying!

PS: If you get the object rendered properly in 3dsMax, then send me the .MAX file, not .obj files. Then I can see if I myself can get the file properly exported from Max and imported in the game.

@all, I've come to the conclusion a couple of options in the dialogs are really not so useful and may complicate things or cause problems, so I will probably take them out soon to make it a bit easier (foolproof).
skwasjer is offline   Reply With Quote