View Single Post
Old 08-26-08, 04:43 PM   #750
skwasjer
The Old Man

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 3

Just some status update, nothing big, and no release announcement...

I've got a bit confusing PM from Anvart that NightColor on Omni nodes is not actually the night color but something else. What is not really clear at this point but I hope Anvart can clarify it, and I will investigate it further. May explain some oddities people may have been experiencing with this field.

[edit] OK, Anvart just told me he doesn't know for sure and that it has to be tested further, so I will have to do some tests on this field.

Next, I have found out some more unknown data on material chunks, specifically rendering flags like 'Disable Z-buffer write' and 'Cull none'. These flags are important for single plane meshes (like railings) and (semi-)transparent meshes (like glass). If you are cloning incorrect materials, ingame the models may not be rendered correctly (for instance, railings may suddenly disappear from a certain angle due to culling, or objects behind glass are not rendered at all because they are clipped by the z-buffer). These new flags allow you to modify this behavior as well.

Last edited by skwasjer; 08-26-08 at 04:55 PM.
skwasjer is offline   Reply With Quote