View Single Post
Old 08-05-09, 03:56 PM   #1127
skwasjer
The Old Man

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 3

I've just released v0.9.9. Have fun...

FINAL NOTES

S3D is nearing version 1.0, and as such I am wrapping this project up. For over 2 years I have put my heart and soul into this application for everyone to use free or charge. In that time, I uncovered many more secrets of Silent Hunter, allowing for awesome new mods and idea's to come to reality, and even with this release new mods will be possible (animations, damage model, etc.). I released over 20 versions of S3D, and have well over 18.000 downloads in total since I started measuring (since version 0.5.4, in january 2008!). The last beta was downloaded close to 5000 times by itself! Quite a feat for a game in a niche market, and I'm interested to see how this release will do. I enjoyed all the feedback and excitement by the users (you!). All of you made this a great asset for the game, I just built it...

But it has to end somewhere, and that moment is now. There are still a couple of things left on my wish list but I don’t any more time to spend on this project, it’s time to move on for me. Thanks to everybody that supported me, and thanks for the open community spirit that I have strived for. I like to believe I have made my mark on the community, and hope everyone appreciates my efforts to bring all modders together. I wish everyone the best.

Have fun using S3D!!

skwas
skwasjer is offline   Reply With Quote