PDA

View Full Version : Music Folder

letterboy1
06-13-17, 10:19 PM
In the following folder "StreamingAssets -> default -> audio -> music" I see no files. Is something supposed to appear there?

zyx
06-13-17, 11:38 PM
No, but you can put own audio files in.

From steam forum...

wav, ogg and mp3 should all work. Just be sure to include the file extension if you are referencing a file in your override directory.

You can pretty much put the sounds anywhere you like in your override folder, but it might be best to mirror the internal structure so everyone has a consistent way of locating files.

PropAudioClip=audio/units/submarine_propeller
This is the default audio file for a prop referencing the internal audio file.

PropAudioClip=audio/units/submarine_propeller.wav
Would read the file "submarine_propeller.wav" in your override folder override/audio/units/

letterboy1
06-14-17, 10:25 AM
I don't even see the things you are describing. For instance you mention "audio/units/submarine_propeller." My "audio" folder has nothing but a folder called "Music." What file path leads you to "audio/units/submarine_propeller.wav?"

zyx
06-14-17, 11:00 PM
You dont have to see them, theyr in the asset files but you can access overide them in your override folder. The dev of cw wrote this quote

letterboy1
06-15-17, 05:31 AM
If I can't see them then how do I know what they are called? The dev of DW has the advantage of knowing the name of the files which is crucial in order to follow his advice to "mirror the internal structure so everyone has a consistent way of locating files." I ask again, how can I see the files and folders in order to know which ones I want to override?

zyx
06-15-17, 10:16 AM
I guess you missunderstand something here. That killerfish dont provide the source audio files should be clear due to licening. The dev stated you can put an access your files where ever you want in your override folder. If you go through the config files you can clearly see the filenames. Take a look at the modding guide. In my test sanbox mod i changed the menu music for ex if you want take a look: http://subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=231750

letterboy1
06-15-17, 11:58 AM
Thanks. That cleared it up. Also, thank you for your patience. I should have checked that modding guide.:oops: