PDA

View Full Version : Never saw this happen before!!

Vorkapitan
07-29-07, 07:56 PM
Hi All,

I was shadowing a merchant ship at night for a while..did measurements. I thought I was on track.

Was on the surface, took a look around and there was the merchant ship right off the port bow. It was just sitting there so I loaded up my deck gun and blasted severel holes in the water line. I thought "this is going to be easy" . The merchant did not fire back a shot, so I kept at it.

To my surprise, the merchant started to move .....in MY direction, full steam. :o

I could not get away in time, and that dang merchant rammed the hell out of me. :damn: :damn:

I was so shocked, had never experienced this an any previous SH sims. :doh:

I manages to turn away and fired 2 torps from the aft and sunk her. :rock: :rock:

I could not believe it..tried to take a snap shot and forgot the key combo.

Jace11
07-29-07, 08:17 PM
yeah something like this happend to me today...

It was during the campaign I encountered a lone Kasigisan merchant (japanese)..

It was unarmed cause it was Jan 1942 and I my deck gun was stern mounted I had no bow mounted weapons and was out of torpedos...

I saw him initially at 9k range and his angle was about 10 degree off, then when he saw me he headed straight for me... I wasn't shooting him, he wasn't trying to evade, no weaving etc.

I was doing 20 knts and on collision course but I turned away and then my gun crews opened up and sank him..

The End..

But it was a nice change..

FAdmiral
07-29-07, 09:34 PM
I think much depends on the rating of the crew. Poor or Novice want to run
away. Competent will do random stuff but will do it more smartly. Vets or
Elite will just go after you if they get half a chance....

JIM

Hartmann
07-29-07, 10:26 PM
Sadly the damage model is not very good with ramming. :hmm:

usually the sub donīt takes any damage in the hull or periscopes.

it would be nice if the ships have the same damage effects like sea botom or land, where you lost hull integrity

Webster
07-30-07, 06:04 PM
dont make them mad next time lol, but it makes sense to try and take you with them before sinking.