PDA

View Full Version : Prior created Navalbase sticky to loc

Malm
04-08-07, 05:35 AM
I've been submerge for a while dwelling with a small but annoying problem.

First it started as a SingleMission where I wanted SS-277 to meet I-168 north of Rabaul on the 27 July 1943. To add to the atmosphere I then added a navalbase in the bay near Rabaul.

Doing testing I discovered that smoke was arising from the navybase. As a effect of the narrow bay two minior ships from the navalbase has stranded.

I tried to move the base a little - no effect. I tried to delete the base - still no effect.

Then I tried to create the mission from scratch this time as a Warpatrol. To make sure I did not do the same fault over again I created a navalbase in the southern bay.

While playtesting the mission (this time as a warpatrol) I found my naval base still was located near Rabaul at the coordinates where I had placed it at first.

Baffled I then deleted the navalbase and doublechecked the mission file to ensure that it was gone. Then I fired up the game once more and tested the mission only to find that my problem remains :damn:

What is going on?

Safe-Keeper
04-15-07, 11:48 AM
You didn't place the new harbour, the one that persists, in the Locations campaign layer by accident? That'd explain it.

tater
04-15-07, 12:48 PM
The problem you are having is this:

The Campaigns folder is full of missions. These are ALWAYS called, even in single missions. If you add a port to Rabaul, you are adding it ON TOP of any port in the Campaign_LOC.mis mission. In addition, any ships you add are in addition tothe harbor traffic, etc already built.

FWIW, the Harbor already in Simpson harbor is too big anyway. The smallest, crappiest harbor facility in game is already too built up for what really existed there.

tater

tater
04-15-07, 12:50 PM
Just to be clear, if you wish to alter Rabaul's harbor, even for a single mission, you have to alter the one in Campaign_LOC.mis.

tater