PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Mission Editor

U-5000
04-01-07, 11:33 PM
I made a mission but its not recongnized when I go to Mp to create game. What am i not doing right. I name the title "Leyte Gulf attack on Center Force". is that all you need or what else do you put in it. Nothing in Manual on how to do this stuff and its a little different then sh3 was.

cdrsubron7
04-02-07, 09:56 AM
I made a mission but its not recongnized when I go to Mp to create game. What am i not doing right. I name the title "Leyte Gulf attack on Center Force". is that all you need or what else do you put in it. Nothing in Manual on how to do this stuff and its a little different then sh3 was.

Hi U-5000

Just finished up my first single mission yesterday. Its called Solomons Rush. If I'm reading your question right, you're having trouble with the game not picking up you're mission when you looking for it to play, am I correct?

cdrsubron7 ;)

U-5000
04-02-07, 04:53 PM
Yes I am having trouble with that. I have found the Language Localization and now enter the mission briefing and the mission title and then hit ok but when I try the parameters and validation it says players subs could not be found but I have them in the game and checked for real players. When I put this is mission titile MP06 Leyte Gulf attacked by Center Force and using coop mode it doesn't recongnize it.
What am I doing Wrong? thanks

cdrsubron7
04-02-07, 05:30 PM
Yes I am having trouble with that. I have found the Language Localization and now enter the mission briefing and the mission title and then hit ok but when I try the parameters and validation it says players subs could not be found but I have them in the game and checked for real players. When I put this is mission titile MP06 Leyte Gulf attacked by Center Force and using coop mode it doesn't recongnize it.
What am I doing Wrong? thanks

All I did was creat a folder in the Single Missions and take the two files created when I saved the mission and put the files into that folder. Went back and started SHIV and checked the Quick Mission and it was listed there. Hope this helps you out, U-5000.

cdrsubron7 :up:;)

mgbmike
04-02-07, 07:43 PM
Not sure if this applies to your problem but in SH3 you had to name both the mission folder and the mission the same, eg. a folder with the name Battlestations used a mission title called Battlestations.mis .
If there is more than one file I would make sure all have the same name, just different extensions.

shad43
04-03-07, 03:47 AM
Make sure to tick the human control box in the player subs properties.

U-5000
04-03-07, 09:54 AM
well I now get the title to show up in the single player missions but it doesn't show a sub to play. It says unknown player. but when you validate a mission everytime it says Error: no player unit found. So when you go back to parameters theres a box to put a check mark in that says Ignore player submarines and if you check that box the validation accepts the mission. But then your submarine isn't recognized in the game. I havn't a clue what is wrong. This is nothing like what we had in sh3. Can't the Devs explain their work as this is really frustrating!!!!!!!!!:damn:

Binky1st
04-11-07, 07:18 AM
Check out this guide for the sh3 editor it may be of some help to you

http://hometown.aol.co.uk/dominicobaggio/Missioncreation1.html

wingtip
04-11-07, 09:19 AM
well that guide started to look promising but the only page workin is the first page... oh well..

Egan
04-11-07, 10:40 AM
I'm sure you have already done this, but the llittle things are easy to miss: In the editor under Mission / Parameter did you tick the Multiplayer box? I would guess that has some effect when it looks for players subs. Also, In the same section you can tell it to ignore players subs when validating.

Hope this helps a wee bit.

Binky1st
04-11-07, 01:45 PM
well that guide started to look promising but the only page workin is the first page... oh well..

It works fine for me, I have converted that guide for SH3 into a pdf file so if you would like it pm me:D

I have been working on an updated version of the converted pdf file for SH4 of the quick tutorial on that website so watch this space as they say:D