PDA

View Full Version : Any way to set torp loadout in Editor

PingOfDeath
03-27-07, 11:51 AM
As the topic says can I set the players torp loadout when starting a mission?

While I am on the topic, can I set damage status of objects? e.g. start the player out as 50% damaged @ 200 ft? Fancied making a 'get the hell out of dodge' mission.

-POD

Schlageter-JG26
03-27-07, 02:21 PM
You've got me thinking now. I bet there's a way for us to start the campaign missions in location far closer to the enemy than Pearl or the Asiatics.... hmmm.

As to the starting damage.... hmm. You COULD reset all your base sub file values to be 100 damage everywhere (99% of all equipment and components have 200 hitpoints) to reach your 50% damage.

And/or start the mission, dive to whatever depth and save the game. Then edit the damage in the save file.

More than that I'm not sure about yet.

As to the torps. I'm just beginning to play with them now. I haven't played any single missions, so I can't comment. But for Campaigns it defaults you to all Mk14s at the start, then you have to buy the rest. You can NULL the dates on the other torps so they are all available for a custom load, but I don't yet know how to custom load them all so the ship file.

Interesting. Good luck.

PingOfDeath
03-27-07, 03:53 PM
You can set the start to be anywhere, I have a duck shoot mission with 6 ships @ 90 degrees to me @ 1nm all marked as 'docked' to stop them moving. This mission is in the middle of nowhere. Also, subs have a depth setting so you can start at a given depth.

However even starting the mission in '44 gives you Mk14's :(